homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I lost a friend today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I lost a friend today
Wyatt
Geek
Member # 493

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2001 10:37      Profile for Wyatt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
got the word last night. a buddy of mine, richard, killed himself last night. he lived next door to me and my cousin allen and i use to let him hang out in our apartment while his mom was at work. he was our little buddy. he got into some trouble and went to juvie for a year. while there he started getting depressed all the time, especially when it got to the holidays. they put him on suicide watch but they didn't do a good enough job. he hung himself in his cell last night.
i've been with his mom all morning trying to help her settle the arrangements. he was the only family she had left.
he was only 15 years old.
allen and i are having a hard time dealing with this.

------------------
Email: [email protected]

the most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. that's where we come in; we're computer professionals. we cause accidents.
-nathaniel borenstein

Posts: 127 | From: Augusta, GA USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 20, 2001 11:23      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 20, 2001 14:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... that is such sad news.

I'm sorry for your loss, and feel for his mom.

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
just another perl hacker
Geek Larva
Member # 153

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted December 20, 2001 14:39      Profile for just another perl hacker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That really sucks, man. I hope Mom will recover from this.

Posts: 25 | From: San Rafael, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2001 18:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how badly it sucks to have something like this happen at a time when everyone else seems to be celebrating. You have my sympathies, Wyatt.
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted December 20, 2001 19:59      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

What a sad day for my 100th post.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 21, 2001 01:17      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to express my sympathy, but I do not really know what to say.

Martin

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dahak
Mini Geek
Member # 957

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted December 21, 2001 08:25      Profile for Dahak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both you and his mom have my sympathies. Somebody dying so young....damn.
Posts: 53 | From: Royersford, PA, United States | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
annie
Assimilated
Member # 909

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 21, 2001 09:39      Profile for annie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is too sad.
Posts: 391 | From: somewhere in Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueAntoid
Mini Geek
Member # 1030

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted December 21, 2001 10:57      Profile for BlueAntoid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's terrible for something like this to happen, especially so close to Christmas... All I can do is offer my condolences.
Posts: 67 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
homesalad
Geek
Member # 938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2001 22:05      Profile for homesalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have my condolences, entirely. Its a real bummer to lose a friend. I've lost two friends recently, one in a climbing accident, and the other in some sort of friek thing. Its crazy how it forces you to re-evaluate the things you do with your life.

15 is way too young to die. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 220 | From: On The Road... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
zooz
Discontinued

Icon 9 posted December 24, 2001 12:49            Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry for your loss.
IP: Logged
rockwolf
Geek Apprentice
Member # 987

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted December 30, 2001 21:54      Profile for rockwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has also lost a friend to suicide.

Long time ago, but the pain never goes away, just get's easier to push away.

Posts: 43 | From: Minnesota USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ABBY
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2002 18:35            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rockwolf:
Has also lost a friend to suicide.

Long time ago, but the pain never goes away, just get's easier to push away.

I think* some things are better left unsaid
Abby

IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 9 posted January 17, 2002 18:47      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 17, 2002 23:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sorry to hear that. He was lucky to have you.

------------------
Take by surprise and the world gives up resistance.
- Tennesee Williams

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
VictorLuiz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted January 18, 2002 11:24      Profile for VictorLuiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost a friend in 2001 too... I know how do you feel...

She was 14 old.

But... Our stupid lives continues!!!

------------------
A brazilian Geek!!!

Posts: 16 | From: Iguape, SP, Brazil | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 18, 2002 12:00      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Never to have lived, suicide is so sad.

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2002 11:46      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is sad ineed. I think a lot of times we ask our selves if there was anything we could have done. Most often there is nothing we could do. Greif is a tuff thing to live with. I hope everyone feels better. This is truely a sad moment. I know what it is like, my best friend died last summer and i still live with the greif of that. I hope you and your mom find better times, and your friend is still alive in your heart.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life
you will wonder who
THEY are. Then you
find out who THEY
really are. From then
on you live you life in
fear of THEM and you
wish you never knew
who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture