homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » The Matrix Revolutions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Matrix Revolutions
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 07, 2003 08:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm too scared to post anything in case I spoil it for anyone. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 07, 2003 13:07      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a great review at Movie Juice that will make you see it in a different light. [Big Grin] I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I've yet to see the movie, but it sounds like it's an even bigger comedy than Armegeddon was!
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 07, 2003 14:31      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I can take more crap like 'Reloaded'

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2003 14:38      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where I go to school, there was this dude, a movie theater employee, who went around 2 days before release and told everyone that he had screened the film, and that it created an enormous vacuum. "Don't waste your money to see it," he said. I ignored him, and so should everybody. The movie is by no means excellent through and through, but parts of it are MUST SEE. My attitude is mixed, but for at least half of the movie, one is in awe.
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2003 14:40      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I liked it...

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 07, 2003 15:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it too [Smile]

I mean, nothing will top the first, but 3 topped 2.

Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2003 18:36      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Matrix Story Source Code:
code:
#include matrix.c

cons x
set x = 1
do {
matrix;
}
while x = 1

done [Razz]

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2003 15:41      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah everybody at my school who went to see it said it sucked but i enjoyed it. the first was better but this was a hell of a lot better than reloaded.

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameGod
Geek
Member # 620

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 08, 2003 20:40      Profile for GameGod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The mixed emotions that I had while watching this film left me in severe denial, but left me thinking as well.
After being thought provoked, I have come to in depth conclusions over how and why many things happened.
One of the most disappointing things for me was that I saw Reloaded as being a question book, and Revolutions to be an incomplete answer book. Seeing a movie that just closes loose ends can be great, like it will be for Episode 3, but I felt this just focused on hasting to answer unanswered questions.
I was so hyped up for it, first in line, everything, and I left without a smile [shake head]

--------------------
Well...that was fun =)

Posts: 153 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2003 10:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Xanthine & I saw it yesterday, and it was pretty good. Yeah, it answered more, and a hunch of mine that I had after Reloaded proved to be true :-D. But I think Xanthine said it best, when she described parts of it as being 'drawn out.' Some stuff was just complete overkill.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted November 09, 2003 12:40      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Havent seen it, but I can make a stab how it ends.

NEO finnlay makes it out of the maitix, only to discover that It wasent the machines enslaving them, it was humans. Who had discovered how to grow humans extra fast and are using them as a power sorce. so Neo is dragged up to the Uber Leader, who is the architecht in reloaded, and he tells him that he was the first one out. Then Dave Barry bursts in and sings "Cheese Burgur in Paradise" By jimmy buffet. end!

Posts: 176 | From: forest with trees | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2003 14:25      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's very interesting, knightwhosaysNI. What drug(s) led you to that conclusion? [Smile]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2003 19:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he took the blue pill (and not the ones you see in your spam folder ^_~).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2003 12:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I think he's smoking something.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
G-3PO
Geek
Member # 1851

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2003 15:36      Profile for G-3PO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend bob summed up what I felt in one sentence: "It was cool when they were shootin' stuff"
Posts: 187 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted November 23, 2003 12:29      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely the worst movie I've seen in a long time. The only revolution going on was the fight to keep my eyes open. Maybe the parts that I missed while asleep were good. I hope I didn't disturb anyone with my snoring, because I was loud enough to wake myself up a couple of times. The ending was so stupid, it was beyond belief. What was Lawrence Fishbourne doing in between takes on the set, wolfing down Big Macs? Geez, talk about bloated! That could sum up both Larry and this film. The brothers should stick to producing and directing video games. This just proves the whole Matrix thing was a total sham. Ebert and Roper give thumbs up or down, I give this one the finger! [Mad]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture