homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Star Wars Galaxies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2003 02:16      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So.. Anyone play this gem? What server/class? I'm lonely [Frown] , but it's such a great game [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2003 12:46      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a beta tester (not an early one, midway through beta 3). I did buy the game (collector's edition)- just haven't installed it yet.

I don't game as much in the summer, gotta get my outside activities in while the WX is nice.

I was going to go to Starsider (unofficial RP server), but that one is quite crowded. Haven't decided yet which server (another reason not to install)

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2003 14:22      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i bought it.. i was lonely too had characters on a few servers. the game isnt complete in my opinion. im not fond of the fact that you have to pay to increase your lvls in skills, it was pretty boring as leveling my pistol skills was a pain as i get slaughtered doing destroy missions, and killing the Swooper Leaders in Town was very crowded, the fighting xp is nothing compared to trying to lvl Dancing or Musicianship i got all 4 levels of entertainment healing in the same time it took to get one level of Dancing. well my subscription for a month ended last week. and i think ill just wait until Final Fantasy XI in October

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2003 00:10      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's too bad, hehe

I'm playing as a wookiee Scout/Medic/Marksman, and I got the base artisan skills so I can get my own damn water, rather than pay for it at the bazaar [Razz] ..

I'm going for Creature Handler/Biomedic, with Marksmanship on the side I think...
*shrug*, I won't need markmanship too much with those skills, hehe... Though the expansion they have coming out with new worlds and space exploration stuff might be interesting..

Of course, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic still has it's rightfull place in my Xbox at the moment [Smile] Unfortunately, I don't get much time to play, so everything I have is at lower levels...

I don't remember the name of the server I play on, I think it's corusomethingoranother, heh..

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2003 02:04      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, it's Corbantis... *Shrug* Anywho... [thumbsup]

--------------------

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2003 04:23      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my main Character was on Bria

had Novice Smuggler got bored of having to have soo much damn pistol experience to go up, so i got him scout and artisan too was going to do the whole creature handler thing too

--------------------
its been a while

GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 02:52      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the unlikley event that i do get it, i would mind being an assasin/mercenary.bountry hunter.

Can you be those?

Wouldn't it be cool to be Mara Jade....

Rebel Scum... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 07:21      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that would be cool. I think that when I get it up and running I will try to be a trader of sorts. That would be cool. Most people think that kind of character sucks but I love um. I guess that is the business major in me or something. How cool would that be to just be the richest person in SWG?

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 15:53      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GeekAvenger:
In the unlikley event that i do get it, i would mind being an assasin/mercenary.bountry hunter.

Can you be those?

Wouldn't it be cool to be Mara Jade....

Rebel Scum... [Big Grin]

you can be a bounty hunter. but the amount of experience it requires is a feat for a mere mortal who doesnt have cable and a lot of free time

--------------------
its been a while

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 22:59      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a lot of free time, I've just got l33tness [Razz]

Seriously though, I'm halfway through the skills needed to be a bounty hunter already, if I wanted to go that way.. Creature handler I'm halfway through the skills requisite of it, and I'm nearly halfway to being a biomedic, heh... [thumbsup]

--------------------

N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 12:25      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note that you can get training from your fellow players, and only NEED to get novice skills from NPCs (unless you are the 1st one to get the skill in question). IIRC, you need to train others to get aprentice XP and get master status.

The face that it is skill based attacts me a lot. I'm not sure you really need to be a bounty hunter to fill the assasin role.

Brian

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 19:33      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know of the player training, I've not payed to be trained in any of my skills yet, and not about to start, heh, costs way to friggin much to do that...

--------------------

UsinfChicago
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2243

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 10:47      Profile for UsinfChicago   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You folks are welcome to harass me if you ever make it to scylla server. Decent group of people good mix of role players and just normal players. Not a horrible amount of drama yet between guilds and what not, but we do have a good sized guild on each side of the GCW. So if you ever make it to scylla look me up.
Arrican - Wookiee - Brawler, Medic, Swordsman, Creature Handler, Pistoleer, Artisan... that is how you spend all your friggin character points... lol

Posts: 13 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 13:49      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you affilaated witjh the Straight Dope Message Board? beacuse Scylla is the unofficial SDMB server.

Brian
whoa had a scout/marksman/medic and a scout/marksman/entertainer and an artisan and a marksman

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2003 02:46      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd consider joining you on that server, but I dun't wanna start all over... Crafting them stim packs is getting extremely irritating (o.o) (mainly because I run out of inventory space, and no one else seems to want the buggers [Razz] )

--------------------

UsinfChicago
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2243

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2003 15:10      Profile for UsinfChicago   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all but I might have to look into that message board for kicks.
Posts: 13 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2003 19:57      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going for combat medic using rifles. To get rid of stims go to the cantinas and stim up all the dancers and musicians. It still costs ya but at leaste you go up in medical experience. That and sometimes you can get people to come to the med center with you. Once you get Pharm 3 people will buy the Stim B's fast if you make them with good components so make sure you buy good organics and good minerals.
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2003 17:47      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have reached my verdict, and that is, while SWG is quite addicting (and I *REALLY* want that force sensitive char), DAoC is still much more fun overall, and thus, I have switched back... So, any of you play *that* gem? [Razz]

--------------------

ParodyMan
Newbie Larva
Member # 2065

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2003 14:06      Profile for ParodyMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having fun with it. It was a lot of work to get to Master of a crafting skill, but I'm not sure if I'll stick to it forever.

The game is rather buggy at this point (factories were broken for weeks, entire classes don't or didn't work...) but they're slowly ironing everything out. Tough to say whether I'd jump in now or wait a couple of months while more things get fixed. A lot like getting a new computer. [Smile]

May the Force be with you!

Alcen Eiron, Tailor Extraordinaire
-125 -2950, north of Coronet City on Corellia
Intrepid

(Master Tailor, Master Artisan, Novice Carbineer, and some Scout, Marksman, Merchant and Entertainer skills.)

FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2003 11:13      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh me I live on the shadowfire server. Nimbo Ningly Medic and stimpack chemist. Some scout and quickly gaining in marksman. Soon to be one of the most natorious combat medics in starwars history.

Usualy found in the medical center near the starport in Theed.

aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2003 15:37      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I heard about this game I was extremely excited, but when I beta tested it I wasnt that impressed. Of course maybe it was because I didnt have too much time to play it with school and work.

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture