homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Argh!!! With double helpings of OH NO!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Argh!!! With double helpings of OH NO!!
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 30, 2003 10:08      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh boy...

well, things don't go so well for me usually love-wise (hah!) but recently i've been feeling a lot more confident, and its been many moons since The Break-up (first love - ain't it tragic?) so i decided to accept the offer of a date. And then i accepted another one.

One girl - she's a quiet, oh so very quiet, sweet, but quite boring, pleasant but quite dull kind of person. We have a 'history' and i thought maybe i could find that again. date went awfully. for two hours she said nothing. NOTHING!! i was forced to ramble on at great length which usually i do anyway, but i felt awkward and strange talking sooo much to fill in the silences...

Anyways, i also said yes to this other girl who i've liked for ages, she's strange and has an obsession with the word 'egg'. she's my kind of person.

BUT. the first girl (lets call her Emma, as thats her name) found out about the second girl (Steph) and told her that she (Emma) was dating me (Spoongirl). The date with Steph got 'postponed'.

Is it right for her (Emma) to assume girlfriendship when we've only had the one date? Should i not have said yes to Steph? What can i do now to patch things up with Steph? (Who, by the way i really do like)

Argh!! See, this is why i usually date guys, they are so much less complicated... Well, replace 'complicated' with 'bitched-up jealous drama queens', and that sounds better...

love from the tin, Spoongirl [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 10:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[I'm not touching this thread with a 10 foot (3m) pole :-P]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 30, 2003 10:27      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arf?

--------------------

Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 11:13      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey DMan, what about Spungo's 10 foot pole?

[Razz]

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 11:49      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't you bring spungo in here!! and no 10 foot pole nonsense, i have a semi-serious problem!! i'd like at least some discussion of it before the usual happens and we all start talking about squid or something... [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 12:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
don't you bring spungo in here!! and no 10 foot pole nonsense, i have a semi-serious problem!! i'd like at least some discussion of it before the usual happens and we all start talking about squid or something... [Roll Eyes]

Ok, semi-serious discussion mode ON

based on my own knowledge of teenage female-female relationships, I have the following advice to offer.....

um.....

lets see.....

do I know anything about this topic ?

er... no.

has that ever stopped me in the past?

well ... no.

Will it stop me this time?

um .... yes. (except for all of the above, of course)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 13:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, assuming a teenage female-female courtship follows the same basic rules as a male-female courtship...no, one date does not equal a relationship.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 14:18      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Xanithine. One date does not equal a relationship.

<mindless_drivel>The thing with guys is that they tend to have a lot simpler minds, we're mostly single-threaded, that means one op at a time. Easier to debug... [Wink]

I reckon God developed multi-threading between creating Adam and Eve...
</mindless_drivel>

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2003 14:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem, that's "Xanthine" - that's pretty much the first time I've ever seen it misspelled that way.

And no, I probably wouldn't deem it a relationship after a first date, but if it was one with the intent for another, it might seem a little off to just put her aside and go after another person. It also really depends on how that first date went - assuming it was a totally casual thing, then it was just a nice evening/time spent between 2 people, and calling that a relationship is a pretty sketchy thing. If, OTOH, it was a bit more than that (and I'm not going *there*, particularly given these circumstances), then there might be room for misunderstanding. You probably have to Emma now how you feel about her either way - whether you want to be friends, or don't really care to see her anymore. Then, go out with Steph - or don't. Do whatever you see fit.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 00:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:
I agree with Xanithine.

/me is having bizarre visions of Xanthine frocked-up as Olivia Newton John

<sings>
Xanithine, oh Xanithi-i-ine....
</sings>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 09:43      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't really put her aside, but i was really caught up with the thing of two girls asking me out, that i sort of got swept away.

i don't think emma should have reacted that way. i'm glad people are saying she shouldn't have viewed it as a relationship, i felt sort of guilty, but i also feel annoyed, and as i'm an angry kind of person i'm going with annoyed.

if two people asked you out and you wanted to see if there was anything left with one, but you really like the other, what would you do? did i do the wrong thing?

--------------------

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 10:16      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i didn't really put her aside, but i was really caught up with the thing of two girls asking me out, that i sort of got swept away.

if two people asked you out and you wanted to see if there was anything left with one, but you really like the other, what would you do? did i do the wrong thing?

I would take my chances asking for a threesome.  -
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 10:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I definitely can't offer advice here - I think I'd remember if two girls asked me out at/or around the same time :-P.

TFD: Forget a dose, did we?
Oh well, lest I be the pot calling the kettle black, I woke up with a rather strange dream about IPC b/t my alarm clocks or something...

--------------------

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 11:10      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
argh! i had a really weird dream about tiny little moles and they all had little spades and they were going to start an insect war, and provoke all the insects into hating humans and then i was the only human left, and i was with my penguin and they nearly pushed us to the edge of the cliff and then i fell in and woke up on a desert island which was run by Pikachus and the king Pikachu said we should try to get some magical beans, like jack, and so we talked to the wise owl who gave us some beans and then we grew a beanstalk which led to the ice tower, and the giant there was scary and tried to sell me carpets and then i ran away and fell through some cloud.

--------------------

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted December 01, 2003 11:14      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
highlie? highlie!? HIGHLIE!!?? wtf is highlie!? i like being assimilated, darn tootin'!

ah well, worse things happen at sea unless you get eaten. or shipwrecked. or sail into a storm. or get attacked by a large, purple, yet strangely familiar squid. hmmm...

tralala....!!

[Big Grin]

love form the tin, Spoongirl [Wink]

--------------------

defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2003 14:03      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still here, listenin'. Just to let you know.
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 02:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
one date does not equal a relationship.

Unless you sustain them on an IV drip.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
benixau
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 04:48      Profile for benixau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know how you just told us you really like steph. Have you told her that?

sometimes it takes a little more effort. Tell her that emma must have gotten the wrong message. [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 08:48      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, i haven't told steph... its awkward, she has too many friends who surround her all the time and i'm not sure if they all know she's gay.

how the fsck do you guys do this!?

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 08:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, y'know that thing called a telephone? Looks like a handle with a cord sticking out the ass? Yes, that. Pick it up, punch in the appropriate number, and ask for Steph.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 09:31      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't have her number... and the problem of asking for it lies in the gaggle of friends that she has surrounding her!

and she's sort of ignoring me now anyway...

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 09:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
how the fsck do you guys do this!?

Hmm...let's see what I might find wrong with this:
a. I simply do what Xanthine said:
Pick it up, punch in the appropriate number, and ask for
b....my girlfriend...
c...and...we're both straight...
Sorry, I guess I really can't help out here [Wink] .

Oh, but let me add this: Why don't you just find a simple reason why you need her number - homework or some such?

spungo: Great idea, let us know how that worked out for you [Wink] . [On second thought...don't.]

--------------------

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 10:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
spungo: Great idea, let us know how that worked out for you

Funny you should say that - on the night we met she told she 'just wanted to get laid'. So, a month later, with the last whispers of vitality draining from her pale limbs, I said to her: "Well, you're fscked now, ain't ya?" [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 11:07      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, spungo...I needed that - sort of - staring at Windows update crap can drive someone to the brink of insanity...

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2003 13:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me has a premonition of one day seeing Spungo on the evening news, being led away in leg-irons and tight-fitting leather hood (a-la Hannibal Lecter) and thinking "What, so he wasn't kidding all this time?"

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture