homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » guy looking for girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guy looking for girl
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2003 16:57      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey where can i meet some geek girls?

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 23, 2003 14:06      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I empathise friend. I was in the same situation just over a year ago...

You know the saying... 'the truth will evade he who seeks it'... well, the same goes for women IMOHO...

Anyways... a year back I was kinda desperate... I was posting all these ads on peer2peer and the like hoping to strike lucky...

Meanwhile, this girl who I had a crush on a while back has moved away... (like, other side of the country away...) She'd never really before shown any interest in me, thought I was just some little geek whatever...

Anyway, we talk over MSN for 6-8 months and grow real close....

We've been going out for 4 months now... its hard work keeping up a relationship over those distances, particularly as my folks dont like her that much... but hey! I got a girl... Where I wasn't looking!

Oh the irony...

-sconzey

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 14:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Across the UK is nothing. Try across the US.
Well, now it's more like 2/3 of the way across the US. Being two hours behind dman as opposed to three hours behind dman does make things a little easier.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 15:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Across the UK is nothing. Try across the US.
Well, now it's more like 2/3 of the way across the US. Being two hours behind dman as opposed to three hours behind dman does make things a little easier.

Mmm, yes - it is a decent bit easier. It's still a good distance, but at least it isn't 3/3 of the way across the US.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
justelise
Geek Larva
Member # 2338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 20:25      Profile for justelise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
hey where can i meet some geek girls?

How about putting yourself out there. Post a blurb about yourself and about what you seek in another. It can't hurt. You never know who is going to respond (as I found out when I made my first post on this board). Look around for forums and sites about things you like and join in the discussion and community. You might meet someone you have stuff in common with which is always nice.

There is also Tribe.net. Like Friendster but actually functional. Get your friends and your friends friends on there and maybe you'll meet a fringe person three or four friends removed.

Buena suerte!

-e

--------------------
Tis folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anthony
Newbie Larva
Member # 2348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 21:52      Profile for Anthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There is also Tribe.net. Like Friendster but actually functional.
Am I missing something? It's only an apache start page [Wink]

--------------------
Best Regards,

Anthony Gorecki
VSD Technologies

Posts: 6 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
justelise
Geek Larva
Member # 2338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 23:13      Profile for justelise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
Am I missing something? It's only an apache start page [Wink]

http://www.tribe.net/

They did some server work recently and launched a new version. That could be part of the problem.

--------------------
Tis folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anthony
Newbie Larva
Member # 2348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 23:53      Profile for Anthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weird. tribe.net goes to a start page, while www.tribe.net takes you to the real page. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Best Regards,

Anthony Gorecki
VSD Technologies

Posts: 6 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 24, 2003 02:56      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it could be worse...

/me checks size of US on map...

WOAH!! [Eek!] It could be much much worse!!

Any of you guys in Cal with a girl in NY have my condolences!!

GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2003 04:50      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 or 3 hour difference... Don't know how lucky they are. Me and sky are 6 hours apeart, excect for a few weeks between US and Brit time changes. If she was only 2 or 3 timezones away I'd be overjoyed. Did I mention... I miss my sky.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2003 07:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:
Any of you guys in Cal with a girl in NY have my condolences!!

Yeah, it was the near opposite for me (further north of CA) - that's what I was getting at before - I'm on the East Coast, she's on the West Coast, but now she's actually a good 800 miles closer [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2003 14:25      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... Any improvement is good I spose... Still, she could be in Japan or NZ...

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture