homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Anyone live in Colorado? Around the Lakewood Area?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone live in Colorado? Around the Lakewood Area?
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2002 19:02      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering, thanks!
Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted January 04, 2002 19:55      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

God, this must be my shortest post ever...wait...not anymore.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2002 17:31      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Where in COlorado? Denver, Lakewood, Pueblo?
Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2002 19:28      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the unincorperated region between Golden, Arvada and Wheat Ridge. Some call in Fairmont.

------------------

TrygveLode
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1019

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2002 19:54      Profile for TrygveLode   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's me--except for the time I was out in California (worked at LLNL on the linac out there), I've lived in Colorado since I was seven.

I used to be out in the middle-o-nowhere, pretty much straight south of Lakewood, but a few years ago, somewhere (in the form of Highlands Ranch) started heading this way. So, now it's more like I'm on the edge-o-nowhere.

------------------
Trygve Lode
www.trygve.com

Posts: 13 | From: a plateau southwest of Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geekatrix
Geek
Member # 826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 12:06      Profile for Geekatrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt lives in Lakewood. If you ever need someone to make you a really ugly crochet afghan, I can give you her number.

My parents moved to the newly-incorporated Centennial when they retired. I have other relatives in Littleton and Golden, and college friends in Boulder. I get out to Colorado about once a year to see everyone.

Posts: 154 | From: NYC | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
curlysimon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 12:34      Profile for curlysimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Colorado too... Loooove it!
Posts: 40 | From: CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 15:16      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, what is everyone's favorite thing about Colorado?
miliani
Geek Apprentice
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 23:36      Profile for miliani   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I don't know if I have ONE favorite... Let's see... Vail! Keystone! Breckenridge! A-Basin! Umm... ummm... and the malls!!! =) And... the cool skateboard shop that I used to go to at Chapel Hills Mall in Colorado Springs (the dudes that worked there were hella cool)... annnnnd all my old college friends. And parties in Denver and Boulder. And... did I mention Vail? And Keystone? And...

Man... I miss those days..

Posts: 45 | From: atlanta, ga, usa | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2002 07:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite thing about Colorodo? The Alferd Packer Memorial Grill
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
curlysimon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2002 09:05      Profile for curlysimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That was a great place to have some chili, watch the pretty girls go by and get caught up on homework.
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2002 13:54      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the strange effects that headlights make on a foggy windsheild while heading up I-70 near Vail at 3 AM because your dad plans his trips so that he won't have to stop at a motel.

------------------

plastic
Geek
Member # 763

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2002 01:30      Profile for plastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited CO. once up in the Loveland area, I have to say CO. was my favorite vacation spots so far, the best part of CO i'd have to argue are the mountains themselves. I think anyone who can wake up and look out and see rocks that meet the sky, are some of the luckyiest ppl in the world.

------------------

quote:
The greatest pleasure in life, is doing what other people say you cannot do.

Posts: 180 | From: Land of Lincoln | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
curlysimon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2002 07:51      Profile for curlysimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loveland is a nice town. Sculpture capital of Colorado! Living on the front range is great because in 10-20 minutes you can be hiking in the mountains, smelling the pines. Finally saw a bear this year while hiking!
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2002 13:26      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would you beleive this? I live in Denver and have never gone skiing! What is the best place to go to?
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2002 17:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked at CU Boulder this summer and lived in a basement on The Hill. I liked the Flatirons and Chatauqua Park. A lot. I didn't get out of Boulder much though 'cuz three days after I arrived I totalled my car. Luckily, the city itself is very bicycle-friendly.
Definitly on my list for potential grad schools.
Great aikido training too.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
curlysimon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2002 12:53      Profile for curlysimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breckenridge and Keystone have very good ski instructors and nice mountains. I usually ski Copper Mountain, Loveland (less $) or Winter Park. There is actually a train from Denver to Winter Park. One in the morning and one in the evening going back.

http://www.skitrain.com/winter.htm

Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 17, 2002 15:40      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I live in Fort Collins, CO...

I've got an idea! We should arrange some kind of big geek get together :-) I'd drive down to Denver to meet some fellow geeks.. (i'd probably drive to Grand Junction for that, but don't tell anyone) If anyone else likes the idea send me an email at [email protected] We could even have a little Mac Lan or something w007.

Kevin
--
"No. Really. I'm serious. Really. Yes, Really really."

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2002 07:40      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can wait until the summer, say mid-August (but not GenCon weekend), ther is a good chance that you might even have a Swiss Mercenary over.

My contract break (minimum two weeks) falls in August, so I am seriously looking at visiting Canada and the US.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
BlueAntoid
Mini Geek
Member # 1030

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted February 03, 2002 19:52      Profile for BlueAntoid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also a Colorado native - theJacob and I go to the same school.
Posts: 67 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture