homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » My Take/Situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Take/Situation
gizmo53
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 19:36      Profile for gizmo53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my take/situation at my high school involving love and me:

I live in a town which breeds snobby kids, especially the stupid kind. Plus, the fact that my town has the highest teen drinking rate in the country doesn't help. Thank god i'm not stupid. Seen waaay too many screwed up people from where I work.

Okay back to the topic. Most of the kids who attend this school seem just so shallow. Just because a girl is really good looking and kinda funny doesnt mean anything to me if their idea of a cool time on a saturday night means going out and getting hammered, or if they are the ones that laugh at all the football guys jokes, no matter how stupid they are.

There is a small group of people who are not like all these others. Yes, many of the girls are nice, but even if i'm friends with them, I don't think that anyone would go out with me.

Long story short: I'm not going to try right now. Odds are, it won't work out, and seeing as how i'm just so different from all these people, i dont see anyone that does/would like me. If some girl asks me out, fine. But i'm not going to try to go out with anyone, and concentrate on just having a good, fun life.

--------------------
Any security that is based upon secrets eventually fails -Steve Jobs

Posts: 17 | From: Darien, CT | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 22:39      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fine. Don't try. Don't obsess either (like I have a tendency to do)... However. Once in a while, put a foot forward and take a chance that the person you think is self-centered, stereotypical blond bimbo barbie, etc etc, is actually worthwhile. Try treating them that way. If it doesn't work, because they're treating you in typical stereotype fashion, then it will be obvious there's no chemistry.

Just don't put them down before they're really out of the picture. That's a lesson I'm learning hard... Treating people like human... what a novel concept.

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 17, 2003 06:48      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK then don't do anything. Geez.

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 09:19      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come now. While I can appreciate your sentiments in general, the conclusion is somewhat of a non sequitur. I agree that many high-school fellows and fellowettes are shallow and thoughtless to a nightmarish extent. However, every once in awhile you will find one that is NOT, and if you have already made up your mind not to bother then you could miss out on some marvelous times.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture