homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Onward and Upward

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Onward and Upward
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2003 16:21      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it rude to the memory of Past-Coffee to post this adjacent to my breakup post? Meh...

Had a First Date today... But let me go back to yesterday. I was eating at Applebees yesterday when I bumped into someone from Long Ago... Actually, let me go back to Shakespeare Project... no, 's too far. Just back to yesterday. Anyway, I bumped into Allison, a charming girl whom I had met durring Shakespeare Project. We talked for a bit, but my time at Applebees was fast drawing to a close, so I told her she should call me... long story short, she did this afternoon. We talked for a while, I asked her if she wanted to go to a dance this Sunday, et cetera, et cetera, we decide to go out for coffee. It was /marvelous/... *sigh* Yes, yes, I am a silly child. Just a week ago I was still bemoaning the frailties of human emotions, and here I am falling for someone... I can be contradictory if I want, you're only young and impetuous once (or your whole life, I hope).

Anyway, we had a marvelous time, had coffee, went to the art museum, sat at the crossroads and talked for a good two hours. I had expected to be gone only an hour or two, but by the time I made myself leave it had been four hours... Anyway... That's about it. Oh! But, I got a goodbye kiss. Very significant, a goodbye kiss. It removed all ambiguity about whether it was a friendly date or a date date.

I'm too wrapped up in euphoria to talk much more now, so I believe I'll sign off.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 27, 2003 16:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That's great [Smile] . I hope this goes well for you, and may it bring rest to your weary self - though I imagine you might not sleep the first night, giddy with glee [Wink] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2003 23:17      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Coffee_geek! Glad to hear you're coming around again. [Smile] I'd been starting to miss the perky Coffee (get it.. coffee, perk.. ha!).

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 27, 2003 23:43      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee how sweet!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 15:52      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yahoo for things! Et cetera! Ah, she came over last night, we watched Casablanca, played chess (I won) and pool (she won). 'twas quite a good time. Tonight I hope to see her at the dance ('s a dance. Dunno much else).

As for percolating coffee... I dunno. 'm feeling much better, but still get those pangs of tearful violence... so, we'll see. Time heals all wounds, et cetera. Damn past, getting in the way of my fun...

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 29, 2003 17:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that we might be rid of the past some times, but this is not possible. At the very least, we can try to learn from the past, and we can definitely look to the grand future [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture