homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Soulmate calculator (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Soulmate calculator
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 11:48      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.solvedating.com/

Ugh. According to this site, I have to meet 5,265 heterosexual males who are between 34 and 42 years old, living in or willing to relocate to NYC to meet my soulmate. And there easn't even a question about the geek factor.

Oh well.

Grey

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 12:30      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to meet 2,759 heterosexual males who are between 22 and 28 years old and I might have to move.

I guess I'm really lucky I met him in so few tries. [Big Grin]

Interesting site, but I'm not sure I buy their spiel about how technology will advance to help us find our soulmates quickly some day.

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 14, 2003 13:25      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez-
You guys must be picky. I just need to meet 5 women between 18 and 25 [Big Grin] But i might need to move. Good thing I found mine already

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 13:54      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh. 32,914,909. And I lowered my standards for that, also.

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 14:48            Edit/Delete Post 
You have to meet 1 heterosexual females who are between 25 and 43 years old.

And that I did [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 14, 2003 15:02      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to meet 33,946,330 heterosexual females who are between 18 and 28 years old.

Crap. I'd better get started. [Frown]

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpacemanSpiff
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 15:29      Profile for SpacemanSpiff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to meet 7,592 heterosexual females.
Let´s say I´ve met around 1000 females in all of my live. That leaves 6,592 females to go. Wanting to spend more than half of my statistical life expectancy in Germany with my soulmate I have around 5 years to find her. So I need to meet 3.66 women every day. That´s not as bad as I thought. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tiger, Tiger burning bright in the forests of the night!"(Blake)...."Flammable felines, what a wierd subject for a poem." (Calvin)

Posts: 11 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 15:31      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do make a very good point Spiff. It says we have to meet these people, not date all of them. That should make it considerably easier.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 14, 2003 16:48      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Score!!

"You have to meet 13 heterosexual females who are between 18 and 40 years old."

No wonder I got married so quickly and I am so happy [Smile]

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 19:00      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to meet 155,716 heterosexual females who are between 18 and 28 years old.
hmmmmm, that's better than I thought considering I don't believe in soulmates........Z

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 10 posted May 14, 2003 22:24      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started looking "female to female" and realized my calculator entry was wrong [blush] ...

...but after making course corrections, I found that my blessing was a one in 108,000 people, though to me, he's one in a billion (I must be hungry, I almost wrote bouillion), and he's my perfect soul mate.

He writes me sweet sweet poetry, and gets it engraved on nice tech. That's love.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 23:06      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... that questionnaire gave me a headache just looking at it.

Therefore I would bet that my soulmate has never even filled out a census form. I guess I'll have to leave this love thing up to destiny after all. [Big Grin]

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrPepper
Geek
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 23:27      Profile for DrPepper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to meet 360 heterosexual females who are between 18 and 28 years old who are living in within 200 miles radius or are willing to move there.

One a day for an entire year, coinsidence I think not!

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 02:13      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to meet 10,916,689 heterosexual males who are between 18 and 22 years old.

Of course, these are all Americans...so my chances of meeting any of them are not that great [Razz]

Hmmm... guess I should stick with the one American I've got [Wink]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 02:39      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went through and did it again, now that I'm awake. 59,034,705 heterosexual females between 18 and 30. No wonder I'm so damned lonely [Wink] .

Did anyone else turn down the top thirty or so percent of the "Energetic" and "Optimistic" categories?

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 04:00            Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know - I looked at it, but considered that seeing as I have no realistic idea of what my soulmate would be like, I cannot really offer realistic preferences.
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 06:36      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see... my soulmate calculator says that the word "soulmate" has been used 10 times on this page, including both the page title and this post.

Am I the only person who thinks it's a really silly word that shouldn't be uttered outside the realm of reality TV and "Dawson's Creek"? [Razz]

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 08:06      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to meet 4,416,674,736,245 American singles who are living in your city or willing to move there. Too bad I found my soul mate allready. Now all those girls I would have to meet don't stand a chance.
~Nayt~

--------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 08:58      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
Let's see... my soulmate calculator says that the word "soulmate" has been used 10 times on this page, including both the page title and this post.

Am I the only person who thinks it's a really silly word that shouldn't be uttered outside the realm of reality TV and "Dawson's Creek"? [Razz]

I hate Dawsons Creek and most reality TV; however, I do still hold to an idea of soulmates. I think that it is silly to think that "soulmate" is a term that is the product of current pop-culture, as it is a lot older than Dawsons Creek and the oldest "reality" show, The Real World.

Personally, I don't think that stats in the matter as much as two things: your willingness to make your own destiny (go find them!) and your ability to realize what you have right under your nose. Our fates, dear geeks, lay not in the stats or stars but in our selves. Besides there are 3 kind of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics. And, don't forget 99.873% of all statistics are made up.

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 11:50      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I only have to meet 1 heterosexual female...between the ages of 18 and 18...and I think I just might have an idea as to who that female is... [hearts]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 12:50      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that it is silly to think that "soulmate" is a term that is the product of current pop-culture
I guess my main beef with the word is that it's so overused in current pop culture. The other problem I have with it is that it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if I meet my soulmate, does that mean that our souls are going to leave our bodies and fly through the air and merge and flit about in a field of stars?

A term that makes more sense to me is "sole mate." [Wink]

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 13:03            Edit/Delete Post 
True soulmate is overused, and from what I've always heard a soulmate is not one that you marry or have a sexual relationship with, but a deep bond and true friendship and a spiritual connection. (I used to date a woman who was in to New Age stuff).

Now it's a term overused by dating services

nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 16, 2003 03:27      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
4,416,674,736,245 American singles who are living in your city

Now that's a scary thought! [Eek!]
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2003 13:31      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
I would have to meet 4,416,674,736,245 American singles who are living in your city or willing to move there. Too bad I found my soul mate allready. Now all those girls I would have to meet don't stand a chance.
~Nayt~

Over 4 trillion females?! You may have a difficult time at that. There are only 3 billion or so on the planet. And they aren't all available.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2003 16:05            Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. I'd lend him my spaceship if he wanted, but he's found his soulmate already, so it's not an issue.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture