homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Virginity getting in the way... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Virginity getting in the way...
gonzo
Newbie Larva
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted February 18, 2003 18:59      Profile for gonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you may know from my first post, I'm a virgin. Recently I met a really wonderful girl. We have a lot in common, spend a lot of time together and have what I can only describe as a real connection. Everything sounds great, right? Wrong! I'm miserable.

In the last couple of weeks things have been getting hot and heavy [Wink] . She let me know that she's not a virgin, which was no surprise since it's what I assumed. This bothers me a little but it's no big deal since I've long come to accept the fact that 99% of the people in my age group (late 20's) are not virgins. What really bothers me however is that she won't say how many partners she's had. This, added to the fact that she's dated many guys, leads me to believe that the number is pretty high.

I'm not waiting for marriage, but I am waiting for that special someone. Someone that shares the same views on sexuality as I do. I'm ok with them not being a virgin, but I definitely do not want the frat whore from college who suddenly turned into a good girl.

The next problem I have is that she's getting frustrated and impatient with me. She wants to finally have sex, but understands where I'm coming from. However, she always lets me know about her frustration and I can see she can't wait much longer.

I realize that if someone can't respect my decisions, then I shouldn't be with them. But it's really hard to let go. I really feel like ending things because of the reasons stated above. But at the same time I want to just hold on and see where things lead. I feel like she could be that special someone. I haven't felt like this about a girl in years. I don't know what to do.

Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2003 19:57      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... you said that she may just be that special someone, so you can't just let het go. That's out of the question. You also said that you were waiting for that special someone to, well... [Wink] . This girl may just be The One.

If you feel the way you do, then it shouldn't matter how many guys she's been with. She obviously doesn't have the same views on sex as you do, but if you wait for someone with exactly your views, you'll be waiting forever.

If you're still feeling squimish, then I'd suggest sitting down with her and having a heart-to-heart. That might clear up some of your feelings. Good Luck!

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
HamletUSMC
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2001

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted February 18, 2003 20:14      Profile for HamletUSMC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::chuckles:: Well this is my first post here.. ran across this site somehow last week and been browsing it a bit.

I am of course a geek... never thought of myself as one during high school though I knew I was branded such by my peers because school came easy to me. Heck I joined the Marine Corps out of high school rather than go to college because I wanted to prove to myself and the world that I could do anything.... I could join the hardest service.... and excel....

.... and I did... joining the Marines changed me.... and at the same time gave me the strength to admit I'm a geek..... heck now I make a pretty good living working on computers.... better than many who preyed on our type during high school....

... but I digress.. had to give a lil intro ;D ....

....a long time ago I was shy... though I did have a couple other partners before I married the woman I've been married to for the past oh..... damn.. never can remember dates and things.... had to ask my son how old I was the other day... um... this June will be 14 years married.... but as a 34 year old... with almost 14 years of marriage under his belt I think I can give my two cents on this...

gonzo wrote

<<I'm not waiting for marriage, but I am waiting for that special someone. Someone that shares the same views on sexuality as I do. I'm ok with them not being a virgin, but I definitely do not want the frat whore from college who suddenly turned into a good girl.>>

you know.... I read your other string you had linked... so yer probably 25 by now give or take...

you also wrote....

<< Recently I met a really wonderful girl. We have a lot in common, spend a lot of time together and have what I can only describe as a real connection.>>

If you care for her and feel that connection go for it. Life is for living..

You've got to live to make the memories. You'll never know if she is the one unless you take it to the next level.... your arguments sound like just a cop out because it makes you uncomfortable. Besides if she's not the one for you, perhaps you will learn a few things.... virginity only seems big while you have it... after its gone you wonder why you worried so long about it.

Well thats my two cents on the matter.... take it for what you will.. its your life after all...

Oh and hey all... seems like you have a nice lil community here.... let the flames commence.....::ducks::

Matt aka Hamlet

--------------------
Why this is hire and salary not revenge...

Posts: 2 | From: Bluffton, South Carolina | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2003 20:19      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, here's the deal. The most important things in a relationship isn't sex, and if a relationship is threatened because of sex or lack there of, it's not worth saving. Communication and trust is, and it seems that there are problems in this area, as you obviously were unable to comunicate exsactly how big an issue this is to you, and she doesn't trust you enough to disclose information that indeed is important for you to know. Let me explain my thinking:

I'm not waiting for marriage, but I am waiting for that special someone. Someone that shares the same views on sexuality as I do. I'm ok with them not being a virgin, but I definitely do not want the frat whore from college who suddenly turned into a good girl.
Why does it matter if they were once promiscuse if their views have changed. If they are STD free, what is the difference between an ex-slut and a girl who has only once... If you both now look at sex in the same light. This reason for needing to know is silly. Why it is important to know this information is so that you know who you are sleeping with. In a way, you would be sleeping with everyone else who that person has slept with. It is important only from the question: are there things that are prefered, are there things that are taboo and is there any medical issue to be considered.

The next problem I have is that she's getting frustrated and impatient with me. She wants to finally have sex, but understands where I'm coming from. However, she always lets me know about her frustration and I can see she can't wait much longer.
Lack of sex isn't a reason to leave a relationship (period). If this is really the issue, then perhaps you should look elsewhere. Pushing the issue is a reason to leave a relationship, because love isn't about the physical, lust is.

I realize that if someone can't respect my decisions, then I shouldn't be with them.
Alright, then leave. But only after you've really talked to her.

But it's really hard to let go. I really feel like ending things because of the reasons stated above. But at the same time I want to just hold on and see where things lead.
Yes, it's hard. And there is the question about weather or not it is important to find out. So perhaps instead of leaving her, you wait and see if she hangs in long enough to resolve the communication issue and turst issue. But if you feel the end is inevitable, and just a matter of time, then prolonging the conclussion will only make it harder.

I feel like she could be that special someone. I haven't felt like this about a girl in years. I don't know what to do.
Well, then it isn't as inevitable as you think. TALK TO HER.... Tell her openly and honestly about WHY you want to know how many. I'd like to know, however, what number your looking for.... what if it is 1? What if it is 100? What if it is 1000? Where is the line? I mean, it's a number, granted that it does mean something at somepoint, but it's her past not her present.

Just my 2.0 * 10^-2 USD

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 13 posted February 19, 2003 01:02      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gonzo,

You're in servere deviation of sexual norms, and you know it. Sex Deviant is the term. That's OK if you can handle it. But you have some anger inside you and that is not OK, it is dangerous.

Let me be frank about this: the number of sex partners she has had is absolutely, positively none of your business. And for you to even think it is, reveals a deep pathological problem.

Look, a person can have sex to make babies, to express affection, or just plain have fun.

Which means that a woman who has had sex with a number of other men is not neccesarily loose with her loyalties and affections, she just might have wanted to have fun. And you have expressed some worrisome views towards women who behave this way.

You may buy into the Sunday School Baloney about chastity and sex and love. But it is baloney. The Bible tells us ancient Jews swapped wives. We know that Popes have had concubines. St. Augstine womanized and cried, "Lord give me chastity, but not yet!" Puritans played the field until a woman got pregnant. And every few years we are treated to the sight of a sobbing preacher begging forgiveness for adultry.

But guys like you don't get it. And you start pointing fingers at "Frat House Whores?!?!?" When the sexual deviant is you, buddy. And your anger is palpable.

That much pent up drive and emotion is not healthy. It's why normal people have to bring their kids in early, and why guys like me worry when our sisters don't call for a few days.

Let's look at your unhealthy attitude and some sex deviant facts here.

Catholic Priests, with their vows of celibacy, have high rates of sexual deviancy and often take their deviance out on small boys. The entire matter is an international scandal.

Not to alarm you. But Ed Gein, too, was a virgin at your age and shared similar attitudes about women. You know what happened to him, don't you? When his Mom died, he sliced up the county Sheriff's wife then gutted and hung her like a deer. Alfred Hitchcock made a movie from the story called, "Psycho."

Jack the Ripper took his frustrations out on whores, too. Ted Bundy just imagined women as whores and killed them as well.

I want you to know, that when you start judging a women the way you do, and throwing words like "whore" around that you're liable to subject yourself to the opinions of society, too. And some of those aren't kind.

I don't know what you feel about this woman, but I doubt it's really love. I think you're too mixed up about it.

If I were you, I'd seek pshyciatric help quickly, before your negative attitudes regarding women, your sexual frustrations and your emotional confusions erupt into violent anti-social behaviors.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 01:24      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
insightful post colonel.
just like to add that this "waiting for the right one" just sounds like you don't want to have sex. you need to face up to yourself and be honest about your real motives here

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
gonzo
Newbie Larva
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 04:36      Profile for gonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice post Colonel [Roll Eyes] , but you're reading way too much into what I said.

My views on sex are my own. They have nothing to do with religion, especially since I'm not a religious person. As for the anger part, I'm not sure where you're getting that from, probably just assuming again.

My point on the 'frat house whore' issue was not to point fingers or be judgmental. My point was that I don't want someone who was a 'whore' her entire life until meeting me. This, unfortunately, is the vibe that I’m getting from this girl.

Speaking of pointing fingers, thanks for comparing me to child molesting priests, rapists, murderers, and good ol' psychos. I had hoped that the people on this forum would be a little more sensitive and mature when it came to the views of other people.

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 05:13      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on behalf of the boards let me thank you for your frankness, and assure you that the majority of those on the boards (including col panic) are not interested in destructive criticism. also please remember that everyone has agendas, and you have to take what anyone says with a little pinch of salt.

i don't wish to put words in the colonel's mouth (but i'm going to anyway), but i think that he was just pointing out that it is quite unusual for someone to still be a virgin in their late 20s, and was just airing a few possibilities.

what is the real reason? is it just that you have been waiting for the right girl, or do you have sexual problems? i'm not asking you to tell everyone, but each one of us has a part in their soul where they hide nothing from themselves, and are totally honest with themselves, and i just hope that you have found that part of your soul.

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted February 19, 2003 06:03      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't go quite as far as the Colonel, but I think he's on to something. There's a problem here, and it isn't her.

The best possible case is that you're simply terrified of sex. That would be understandable. If this is the case, then it's imperative that you talk to her about this. Maybe she can find an alternative approach which will get past your fears.

Perhaps you're homosexual and haven't realized it yet. This is something you should think about. Unfortunately I can't give much advice if this is the case.

The only other explanation I could think of is that you have a fear of women. This is where the people with the white coats come in.

On one particular issue, I am in full agreement with Colonel: your use of the word "whore" when describing your girlfriend is profoundly disturbing. How do you really feel about this woman? How do you feel about yourself, and your own sex? You don't have to answer me, certainly not here. But you'd better answer yourself.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted February 19, 2003 06:50      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waaaiittttt just a minute here. I feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone, and I'm not talking about the Vicodin this time.

If one of the "20-something" girls on this forum happened to be a virgin, and she posted that her new boyfriend was pressuring her to have sex, and she wasn't sure she wanted to, would you all be telling her she was a deviant? Or encouraging her to give in to him? This is a horrible double standard, IMHO.

We don't know enough about the situation to make such harsh and dangerous judgements, people. Frankly, Colonel, I'm shocked.

If he's "getting the vibe" that she was a frathouse whore, what exactly is wrong with him having reservations about this? If I found out someone I was seeing had slept with everything in site, and alluded to small animals...oh, nevermind. [Razz]

Seriously, though, for sensitive geeks who value sex as more than just the physical act, I can't believe you're being so insensitive about this. An opinion is one thing, but is anyone here qualified to label gonzo a deviant?

I would like to ask you, gonzo-how long have you been dating this girl? And if she had fewer partners, would you have a problem with it? Are you uncomfortable with the fact that she is the aggressor?

EDIT: If you go back to his first post, there are clearly viable reasons for his virginity, i.e., gaining weight years ago, poor self-image, past heartbreak.

-snupy

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 07:16      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep, lack of confidence would do it

i wish it were easy to get self-confidence: i'll have 3 beers, a sack of potatoes, and 2 pounds of self-confidence please

having said that, self-confidence comes from you. it's also something that the more you have, the more you have. it's a positive feedback system...
if you're waiting for the right girl to come along you might be waiting for a long time. and when she does come you'll probably be manipulated and treated very badly. a harder but better plan could be to try to talk to someone about your lack of confidence, and get a more positive view of yourself

anyway, all the best, and remember
love, peace and cheez to everyone

--------------------

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 13 posted February 19, 2003 07:27      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gonzo:
Nice post Colonel [Roll Eyes] , but you're reading way too much into what I said.

My views on sex are my own. They have nothing to do with religion, especially since I'm not a religious person. As for the anger part, I'm not sure where you're getting that from, probably just assuming again.

My point on the 'frat house whore' issue was not to point fingers or be judgmental. My point was that I don't want someone who was a 'whore' her entire life until meeting me. This, unfortunately, is the vibe that I?m getting from this girl.

Speaking of pointing fingers, thanks for comparing me to child molesting priests, rapists, murderers, and good ol' psychos. I had hoped that the people on this forum would be a little more sensitive and mature when it came to the views of other people.

Actually, gonzo, I think you're in denial.

Your first post in here, and the one that starts this thread, throws up a ton of red flags. Those very well may be the same flags that are causing women to run away and hurt you.

I've suggested you get help before your problems get worse. I've shown you what worse can be, and I truly think things can get that bad for you. Call it shock treatment. You read like a future wife beater at the very least.

You want to see what I read?

You're a virgin and you hate the word virgin. Your words, not mine.l That's self loathing. There is anger right there.

You're depressed over it so you drink (drunk enough to ask the question). That's self medication for pain.

You're also admitting that you need alcohol to open up and express yourself. That's a crutch and a whole sickness in itself. It's called alcoholism.

You've had chances with females, but didn't take them "for one reason or another." That sounds suspicious, for a lot of reasons.

Then I read, a "series" of women have hurt you. When it's a series it's not them it's you. You're doing something to scare them. You scared me.

You've admitted you have a weight fluctuation problem tied to your emotional state. That's another warning sign.

You have your own suspicions about your condition, and you've asked, "Am I fucked up, or what?" So I answer, "Yes," and now it's my fault. Transferrance once more. Another sign.

"Whore," is a hate word. It carries anger with it in our society. You've used it in two posts now. Two more signs.

You even try to equivocate your use of the word. More signs. You can't even take responsibility for your own words.

You say she may be "the one," but you call her a "whore." Where is the love in that? That is very sick, gonzo. Very, very sick. There are so many flares going up, you're going to start a fire soon.

But it gets worse, all you need to motivate your "whore" suspicion is "vibes." This doesn't sound like love, it sounds like paranoia.

I think you're terrified of the emotions she'll uncork when she uncorks your Johnston. In fact, I am afraid of what will happen then, too. I suspect you've been afraid about this for a very long time.

Let's move on.

Say this woman is dumb enough to get involved with you, what happens when she's ten minutes late from the grocery store and your "vibes" tell you she's been "whoring around?"

Now, add your self-loathing, and that alcohol you believe you need so you can open up and express yourself. How far through the wall are you going to send her when she denies your alcoholic-fueled fantasies and paranoias?

Once again, you have no business asking about her sexual history, outside of an STD test. That test is a good idea for any couple who are considering becoming intimate in this day and age.

Now about your statement that you're not religious. That's baloney. Everybody is religious, particularly when it comes to defining death and sexual values. Only in your case you are so special you don't need a religious text, or church, or fellowship, because you worship the church of the almighty gonzo.

And if we don't all bow down and genuflect ourselves at the altar of your miserable self-pity then damn us all.

As for this whore and her sins, how dare she dirty your temple with her blasphemies?

And what's her crime? She wants to love you? Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of Christ, man! You are off the deep end. And this is only what you're willing to admit on the internet. Who knows what other sick guppies are swimming up in that fishbowl you call a head.

You have problems. You can try to solve them, or you can make them better. Your choice.

Seeing a therpist ise first step toward taking responsibility for your life. Try it.

You're crying for help. Don't piss on those who offer it.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 07:52      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gonzo, you were 24 in September, which means the most you could be is 25-that's not "late 20's"!

And could you point me to the posts where you said you were an alcoholic, please?

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 08:10      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey colonel panic

could you tone down your comments please?

i didn't think gc was about character assassination!

i know your heart is in the right place and a lot of your comments are pertinent (as always), but i think you're slaying gonzo a bit!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 08:46      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold on Cheezi....I don't think Colonel was assassinating his character....it sounded to me more like "tough love"

Gonzo sounds like he has painted himself into a dark emotional corner....but fear not there is a way out, as CP suggested through councilling. I would, however, suggest that gonzo takes the plung himself and give this gal * ahem* a poke in the whiskers he may be pleasently suprised how the physical release, ties in with emotional release.....OTOH he may cause him self more emotional damage.

As far as the baggage she may be bringing into the relationship....everyone has baggage. I have a great marriage....but there are some things I would NEVER tell my wife I did before I married her...and like wise, I don't care to know about her sex life pre Cap'n Vic

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 09:22      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Hold on Cheezi....I don't think Colonel was assassinating his character....it sounded to me more like "tough love"

Gonzo sounds like he has painted himself into a dark emotional corner....but fear not there is a way out, as CP suggested through councilling.

Bingo.

Double on the tough love.

The fellow seems to have some troubles snowballing. And it's affecting him and those who care for him.

That's when it's time to bring in the pros. There is no shame in that. There can be a lot of hard work, healing and joy.

I simply see somebody who appears he's in deeper than he cares to admit.

The painted in a corner statement said it in a nutshell.

Very funny last night. Incisive the next day. I like this Captian Vic.

Gonzo, in therapy you can talk about your feelings and situations in perfect confidence, and get a professional opinion. Which counts for a lot more than mine.

You may not be sick as I think you are. It may have been the alcohol I was reading.

"Whore," though is no way to refer to a woman. Any woman. It dehumanizes her, and that's not your job, that's for professional beer ad writers.

Colonal Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 09:31      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Tough Love" is not really our place, is it? I totally agree, though-therapy is certainly needed, but then again, it's needed by several people on these forums. That much has been clear for a long time. [Razz]

My advice? Take the time to find the right therapist-it will make or braek the experience. Try getting references from friends or medical doctors.

--------------------

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 10:08      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
"Tough Love" is not really our place, is it? I totally agree, though-therapy is certainly needed, but then again, it's needed by several people on these forums. That much has been clear for a long time. [Razz]

My advice? Take the time to find the right therapist-it will make or braek the experience. Try getting references from friends or medical doctors.

If he asks, then he's invited us to that place.

Maybe those serveral people in these forums who need tough-therapy are smart enough not to ask? [Wink]

Advice is meaningless if it's always patronizing platitudes.

This whole "whore" thing from him was very wrong. He threw the gauntlet on the floor and I picked it up.

I recall a few years ago a young woman stopped at a Rhode Island bar to make a phone call and a group of men gang-raped her while nobody else did anything. They viewed this woman as a whore.

That kind of stuff does not fly with me.

I stopped one of those things at a bar once and I have 40+ stitches on my right hand to prove it. The jerks still got the worst of it plus hard time. I'd do it again.

I'm sorry, Snupy if this offends you.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 10:41      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Colonel, I'm not offended. BTW, I respect your valor in that situation(but am certainly not surprised). Yes, I was wrong to overlook the use of the word, 'whore', but I didn't take it as he was applying it to her, just the concept of a promiscuous woman in general, much as I would say "frathouse skank" if I were very upset and referring to a type of guy. I guess it bothers me far less than the 'c' word. I associate that word more with hostility and violence, if I had to choose between the two.

My problem is with the dangerous practice of calling someone a deviant or comparing them with Ted Bundy and the like without knowing how fragile he may or may not be, whether he asks advice or not. There have been far sicker people on these forums whom we have not labelled as the nutcases they were, so why start now?

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 12:00      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm warning you now that I only read the first couple of posts in this thread so if I'm repeating please forgive me.

It seems like your main issue is that she won't tell you how many partners she's had, right? First thing, why is the exact number so important to you? Specifics like that are very personal and maybe even (dare I say it) embarrasing to her. If it is really that big of an issue maybe asking for a range would be more comfortable for her. Between 1 and 5, 5 and 10, 10 and 20, etc.

The more important question you should be asking, and she has no right to withhold from you, is did any of her previous partners have any kind of disease? If she doesn't know make sure she gets tested for everything before you go all the way.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 12:04      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have but one thing to say

37?! [Wink]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
codeonezero
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1299

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 19, 2003 13:13      Profile for codeonezero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'd change the question a bit...

You could say something like...
"So I've had nth computers, how many partners have you had?"

[Smile]

Ok so maybe that doesnt help...but sometimes sharing something might help ease tensions...of course here I've never had a girlfriend, and I'm 23...so i'm not the most experienced person here...

--------------------
Codito Ergo Sum
http://homepage.mac.com/estebanuribe

Posts: 36 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 13:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay here's what mihgt be keeping her wuiet about the number of partners she's had: she's afraid you'll judge her as a frat-house whore, sorostitute, or whatever term of endearment you give women who attach no moral meaning to sex. If she were a guy she could brag and be called a stud, but she's a girl, and so she keeps her mouth shut. If you can convince her you won't turn on her even if she's done the football team five times over, she'll open up and tell you.

Honestly, a person's sexual history is really no one else's business. The only obligation she has is to tell you whether or not she is infected with an STD. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the ride an experienced partner can give you. It's possible she is a bad girl gone good, but she went good for a reason and she'll probably stick to that reason. Maybe she decided she'd be a happier person with her panties on, or she just got all the wild hairs out of her system and is ready to settle down. There's plenty of things I used to do that I won't and don't any more simply becuase I decided it was a bad idea. Speeding is one. Eating airport pizza is another. Really, what's it to ya? Do you think she'll dump you once she's got what she wants?

OTOH, no one should be pressured into anything they don't want to do, be it sex, speeding, eating airport pizza or any other morally questionable thing you can think of. So it's for you to decide. But I think the best thing you can do, if you want this girl, is go ahead, lose your virginity, and finally understand that it's not as big a deal as you thought it was. You'll be opening yourself to new ways to have some fun. Just be careful. Everything fun has its antithesis. Even blowing soap bubbles can do harm.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 13:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>It's possible she is a bad girl gone good, but she went good for a reason and she'll probably stick to that reason. Maybe she decided she'd be a happier person with her panties on, or she just got all the wild hairs out of her system and is ready to settle down

If that were true, I doubt she'd be pushing him to have sex.

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 14:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gonzo.....maybe you should give me this gal's phone # and address........Surely I could talk some "sense" into her Muahahaahah

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture