homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Bored of Sex... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Bored of Sex...
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted December 21, 2002 01:52      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not completely true, but just curious, are there others that think like I do. I've read a few messages about virginity and it got me thinking. The notion of sex isn't high on my mind these days.

I was pretty young when I was introduced to sex, and I loved it back then. In fact I couldn't seem to get enough. As the years went by, it seemed to have subsided. My girlfriend and I have a wonderful relationship, but we don't have a lot of sex. Maybe 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I go through spells, where I don't engage in it for up to 2 weeks. My partner knows how I feel about sex.

We are in love and have a strong honest relationship. Sometimes couples do that cute, 'what are you thinking about', with usual responses of, 'I'm thinking about you'. I usually tell my sweetheart, 'well, honestly, I'm thinking about you, maximizing budgets, mathmatical equations, interior designs and an idea to an invention'

Oh by the way, I'm have a very active mind and chronic insomnia... you'll probably figure it out from the time I post messages.

For me, I love snuggling, cuddling, and talking. But I'm also very restless. So if I have something on my mind, I usually need to satisfy it somehow. I find that love for me has changed over the years, and I don't claim that my idealogy is perfect or not, but seems to work for me.

First and foremost, love is about life. The respect for it, and the adoration for it. Even in death, you can respect or honor that person for what they accomplished or shared with everyone.
Secondly, love is about living. Taking each day one at a time, appreciating it, and gathering what value you can from it. We remember yesterday, live for today and dream for tomorrow.
Thirdly, love is all emotions. Happy, sad, angry, glad, envious, hopeful, jealously, etc... I truely believe, that real love isn't just one emotion, but the culmination of all emotions. But there is a catch... and this leads to:
Four, love is about understanding. You don't have to have the knowledge about everything, but if you mutually understand someone or something, then the bond will last for a lifetime.

With that, love to me doesn't mean just the emotions felt between my partner and I, but it means all the above, our lives, how we live it, understand about it, share in emotions in response to it... to me this is love.

As for sex... well, what can I really say. It sure is a lot of fun, but I'd rather cuddle and just enjoy watching the sunset.

By the way, season's greetings. Here's a picture I took this year that I'd like to share with you all.
 -
(taken with a Canon Powershot G2)

Cheers
Ti

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ben
Geek
Member # 353

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 21, 2002 11:40      Profile for Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
TiW, two or three times a week sounds good to me. [Smile]

That's average actually.

(Nice swordfight pics on the homepage).

Posts: 113 | From: NE | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 11:47      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give anything for 2-3 times a week. [Frown]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
gallimaufry
Geek
Member # 1549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 15:56      Profile for gallimaufry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
TiW, two or three times a week sounds good to me. [Smile]

That's average actually.

(Nice swordfight pics on the homepage).

ugh. i was like that back in high school. now i think i'm allergic to penis. it's all about the cuddling.

--------------------
la de da

Posts: 154 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 17:30      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MmmMMph, I love a good snuggle [Frown] [Happytears]
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 18:26      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sitting around in swivel chairs is also good [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 21, 2002 20:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bored of people talking about sex. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 20:25      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone heard the Weezer track, Tired of Sex?

"Monday night I'm making Jen/ Tuesday night I'm making Lynne/ Wednesday night I'm making Catherine/ Oh why can't I be making love come true?"

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 23, 2002 10:18      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Pinkerton

TiWar -

Do you feel guilty that you don't have enough sex??? Where is it said that you HAVE to have sex x amount of times? I don't think any reasonable person would refute your ideas or opinions. Sure more could be better, or it could be worse. It's whatever you're comfortable with. And if your relationship is diggably honest, then relax and cherish whatcha got. It's the most imporant thing...

...I know I'd gladly exchange all the sex in the world for those few times when it's been 100% good. It's all about the goodness. the Special Goodness

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 3 posted December 25, 2002 08:00      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am telling you, sex is just not that interesting. It is icky.
Nayt

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2002 16:01      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
I am telling you, sex is just not that interesting. It is icky.
Nayt

nayt's back!!
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2002 16:36            Edit/Delete Post 
Well then, Nayt, you can sit back, relax, and not have to go through all the ordeals everyone else does.
IP: Logged
Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2002 17:40      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Sitting around in swivel chairs is also good [Smile] .

Oh my, we have these chairs where I work... like $700 each, but comfortable as all. Oh my. And they'll spin around like 10 times with a minimal push.

Sex is nice too, but I, too, like a good cuddle. As of late, I have been hankering for a girl to snuggle with. Ahhh... the finer things in life.

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 6 posted December 25, 2002 19:28      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, i have been around, just you know watching.
Nayt

--------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2002 20:52      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didnt it say somewhere that you were created by a group of people as the topic for a research paper?

and that they had finished and you were to appear no more?

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 00:38      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But nayt is *right*... when you think about it, sex *is* icky. It's generally a gross kind of thing if you look at it with clinical detachment. And no one is *ever* attractive in the throes of sexual ecstasy. They just make weird expressions. Not to mention sounds. My least favorite part is how afterwards I wind up smelling like the other person. You can't be doused in that quantity of assorted bodily fluids and *not*, I guess.

But damn it feels nice while you are doing it.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1150 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 26, 2002 09:06      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the time when you actually like smelling like that other person....

....then you know you've got something good. [Big Grin]

But if the relationship ever sours, then that smell can be a curse....a burden you have to bear....until, hopefully, another smell replaces it, and smells that much better. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 26, 2002 16:01      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the sex life I share with Bees will ever get boring because we're pretty weird with it [Razz] . A few examples: taping papers around his car windows near a cinema, trying to have sex on concrete steps at my old middle school, and me accidently sticking my finger up his nose while kissing. Hahahah! [blush] [Cool]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 16:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Information that I did NOT need, Twinke Toes! [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [blush]
Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 26, 2002 16:50      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh, shut it. [Razz] You just stay over there and gawk at me with your not-returning-the-love, sort-of-beloved. [Big Grin]
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 21:28            Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 22:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll not be gawking, thank you very much - I shall leave you two to your privacy [Smile] .

On the smell front - I must say that I agree with erp. Sometimes I've walked away from being around her, and noticed a pleasant rememberance of her lingering around me. While I am at times opposed to perfume (mainly cheap horrendous stuff, and the insane overuse of it by many), she has made me appreciate it at times. I once complimented her on the lovely perfume she had - which I believe she said was Versace, IIRC - which really drove my senses insane, it really drew me to her. The next day, I think I could still smell it on my coat and found it quite nice.

I somehow expected my boss to make some kind of humorous comment about it if I was around him, but I think his sense of smell is not as good as mine, and perhaps I really noticed it since there were pleasant thoughts behind it. Along this train of thought, I've pondered what people might think if they pick up different scents from you. Will someone think "way to go dragon," if they pick up her lovely fragrance on me, or what? Right now, I just want my coat to not smell of gasoline fumes after I used the snow thrower to clear my driveway of 11 inches of snow - and this also means that it is now devoid of any perfume traces :-/.

Okay, I'm dwelling on this too much now - time to sleep.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2002 02:08      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quoting SupportGoddess:
And no one is *ever* attractive in the throes of sexual ecstasy.
I wouldn't say *no one* is *EVER* attractive in the throes of sexual ecstasy (especially with the blissed out, satisfied, ready to cuddle and snooze look afterwards)...

But damn it feels nice while you are doing it.

Damned straight!

quoting dragonman97:
I'll not be gawking, thank you very much
I dunno, with the multi-levels of kink that is Twink, she may enjoy it if you did [Eek!]

Quoting Twinkle Toes:
I don't think the sex life I share with Bees will ever get boring because we're pretty weird with it. A few examples: taping papers around his car windows near a cinema
Now, to be fair, there was no other way to go about it, unless my previous joke was true, and you would enjoy people watching [Eek!]
trying to have sex on concrete steps at my old middle school
Again, to be fair, it was the only way, your mom didn't go to work like she was supposed to :-\

and me accidently sticking my finger up his nose while kissing. Hahahah!
You're never gonna forget aboot that, are you? Heeh, oh well, it was quite funny, heeh

...I didn't think you'd be so quick to mentoin such things on the boards though, Twinkie.. I mean, I knew you told U (you tend to tell him a lot, don't you?), but the whole boards??

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted December 27, 2002 12:22      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SupportGoddess:
But nayt is *right*... when you think about it, sex *is* icky. It's generally a gross kind of thing if you look at it with clinical detachment. And no one is *ever* attractive in the throes of sexual ecstasy. They just make weird expressions. Not to mention sounds. My least favorite part is how afterwards I wind up smelling like the other person. You can't be doused in that quantity of assorted bodily fluids and *not*, I guess.

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, absolutely wrong.

Sorry if this sounds disrespectful, but every word in that paragraph is completely removed from the truth. At least for most of us.

quote:
Dragonman:I once complimented her on the lovely perfume she had - which I believe she said was Versace, IIRC - which really drove my senses insane, it really drew me to her.
OK, fair enough. But for me, it's not the perfume that comes in a bottle that has that effect... it's the natural kind.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted December 27, 2002 13:21      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
I wouldn't say *no one* is *EVER* attractive in the throes of sexual ecstasy (especially with the blissed out, satisfied, ready to cuddle and snooze look afterwards)...

Heehee... heeB [Smile] .

quote:
...I didn't think you'd be so quick to mention such things on the boards though, Twinkie.. I mean, I knew you told U (you tend to tell him a lot, don't you?), but the whole boards??
Well, deep deep down inside, I felt a bit [blush] when I posted it, but I don't really mind. Do you mind? Does it bother you? You know that I'm always willing to share my experiences.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture