homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Deaf have higher senes by make love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deaf have higher senes by make love
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 09:19      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since, I learn from the Psychology, that human being have 5 sense: vision, audition (hear), olfaction (smell), gustation (taste), and touch. Our miss sense is audition, that become only 4 senses we have for deaf and possily for hard of hearing.

It increase about 20% senses more on each one, which took control over "hearing" system in your brain.....

Think about it, better senses by make a love. Better kissing, better sex, better or worst taste on mate's private part, etc...

--------------------
[color=blue]My brain is loading, please wait...[/color]

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 09:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually we have far more than 5 senses. Each "sense" as we know it is comprised of several distinct means of perception.

Sight: brightness, color, movement
Touch: pressure, pain/pleasure, temperature
Hearing: volume, direction
Taste: bitter, sour, salty, sweet
Smell: actually this one is hard to define so for simplicity we can call this one sense.

That means at least 13 senses, so the Deaf have at least 23% more sensitivity in the remaining ones. Even better. [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 09:46      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you forgot about the fifth sense of taste: umami

this is a basic site on the sense of taste

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/T/Taste.html

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 10:33      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the gravity sensor thing in the ear!

iballoon, I don't know if you've answered this before, but why do you talk the way you do?

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 11:18      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, if we add in those other two, that means that Deaf people will have almost 27% more sensitivity in the remaining senses. Yowza! [Eek!] [blush]

Don't let Zorro get ahold of this thread. There's no telling what he would say. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 11:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:

I remember reading about that before, I couldn't remember what the fifth one was called. Isn't that the one that lets you taste "meaty" or something like that?

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 14:58      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
iballoon, if I am not mistaken, is deaf. So his skills in grammar and such are perhaps a bit different than ours.

Advertising, are you iballoon? Heh...

--------------------
Mosh! Mosh for your suppers!

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted October 23, 2002 15:57      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never had a sense of decency, does that increase My other senses. How about all those who listen to rap, clearly their sense of taste is limited. ............Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 16:11      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
How about all those who listen to rap, clearly their sense of taste is limited. ............Z

Listen, maybe not. Enjoy...
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2002 18:11      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAnnoyedCockroach:
iballoon, if I am not mistaken, is deaf. So his skills in grammar and such are perhaps a bit different than ours.

I coulda sworn it was just because Engilsh isn't his native tongue..

On topic, that would be rather fun, yet still suck much more often (and not in a good way silly people)

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 08:12      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No, gustation is the basic taste. Heck, it guide me into a better cooker. [Big Grin]

--------------------

iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 08:13      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:

Don't be silly
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 08:16      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAnnoyedCockroach:

Yes, deaf own different language... for example

hearing: "Hello, my name is Bob. What is your name?"
deafing: "Hello! Me Bob. You name?"

--------------------

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 08:22      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:

I remember reading about that before, I couldn't remember what the fifth one was called. Isn't that the one that lets you taste "meaty" or something like that?
absolutely. people are generally disposed towards meaty flavours, so umami is what makes vegetarian food interesting. that's why some vegetarians use loads of cheeseit's also present in some mushrooms, soy products etc

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 09:08      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Umami must be on the fritz, I havn't truly *liked* most meat in years.. of course, I'm kinda 'off' food in general at this point, thought of eating makes me nautious.. Note that I *do* still eat occasionally and get almost 100% of the reccomended daily amounts of almost all vitamins and minerals.. OF course, now that I think about it, that may be the reason why I'm so tired all of a sudden..

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 09:15      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by iballoondesign:
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:

Don't be silly
[Roll Eyes]

What is silly about it? I looked it up, it's called the vestibular system. It keeps us balanced and properly focused by detecting which way is down.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 09:16      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i find it very difficult to focus at work. i must have some vestibular disturbance as soon as i walk through the door in the morning

--------------------

Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 24, 2002 09:20      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Stop that, you'll go blind!"
"Cool! Then it will feel even BETTER!"

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2002 09:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes your sig *sooo* much more appropriate. [Razz]

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture