homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Lava Lamps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lava Lamps
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted January 06, 2002 19:15      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that the cam shows a picture of a lava lamp, yet the title still says that it's from the lake. Most likly, this error could result from Nitrozac or Snaggy forgetting to change it. But I have a few other ideas:

1. The lake is contaned withen the lava lamp.
2. The lava lamp is in a submarine located in the lake.
3. Someone knocked over the cam and no one put it up yet.
4. They are testing how observant we are.
5. They want to see if anyone ever views the webcam.
6. It is a giant lava lamp and a whole lake had to be moved so that space could be made for it.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 16:28      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TheJacob:
I think that you have an overactive imagination. This is what I thought happened:
So this horrible Hacker guy named JT decided to put a Lava Lamp in from of the camera! Ah! He thought that he was SO smart. Anyway, According to my friend Madeleine Wilson, JT is a cereal killer that likes to kill Googolplexes! Now, I am a little confused about this definition. Therefore, let us analyze it!
First, Madeleine says that this guy is a “cereal” killer. Now wouldn’t that make him someone who likes to kill cereal? Well, I think that everyone is a “cereal” killer anyway, not just JT! For instance, we all have eaten cereal in our lives, right? Therefore, we are ALL “cereal” killers!
Next, Madeleine tells us that JT likes to kill Googolplexes! And I ask, how the HECK can you kill numbers?! Hmmm, I guess that JT is both a “cereal” killer and a “number” killer! Hmmm, but codes rely on numbers and number theory, right? So he must be a code breaker!
Thus, he is a “Cereal Number” killer! A thief! And here is his story…
Every morning, JT wakes up at 5:00 AM exactly. (Well, maybe with a millisecond of difference.) Then JT goes to the Pentagon to work for the CIA! Which he thinks is very freaky. While there, he meets John Forbes Nash, Jr., a professor of Mathematics at M.I.T.
Then JT tries to follow Nash around, trying to snatch Nash’s ideas! (Oh, no!) And THEN, just as he is about to succeed, Nash is nominated for the Nobel Prize in Economics for Game Theory! Ahhh! JT has lost all!
So, the morning after Nash has left for The Royal Academy of Sciences in Europe to get his prize, JT breaks into Nash’s house and prepares to do the ULTIMATE DAMAGE to it!
Taking his precious time, JT opens cabinets and hoards drawers looking for one thing…
He finally finds it and, after doing his fateful duties he exits Nash’s house, full of satisfaction…

Meanwhile, Nash is receiving his Nobel Medal, and when he finally flies home after a wonderful time in Europe, he finds his house in a terrible disorder! Sitting on the dining room table is all of his CEREAL, killed brutally and half eaten! John Nash then decides that the cereal is a horrible figment of his imagination, and hires a maid to clean it up while he hangs out at Princeton University’s library, writing mathematical things like Reinmann Zeta functions on the windows.
Then he decides to switch his research from the Reinmann Hypothesis to the Goldbach Conjecture! When JT finds out about this switch he promptly loses interest in Nash and transfers to Caltech to become a Post-Doctorial Scholar and never receives a teaching position because the last time they gave him an office he filled it with cereal!
Ok, that’s JT’s story! And everyone should go see “A Beautiful Mind!” A movie about John Nash! Hopefully I didn’t spoil the plot to you too bad, I just intermixed characters into it! (He, he!)
Anyway, that is what happened! COOL HUH?

Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 16:29      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway Jacob, with regards to your idea, I think that #6 was the BEST!

6. It is a giant lava lamp and a whole lake had to be moved so that space could be made for it.

Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 17:06      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought you guys should know...

Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 17:07      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and by the way...I just bought a lava lamp!

Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 17:09      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man! this is so lonely on this thread! Why am I the only one posting here?
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 6 posted February 04, 2002 17:44      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evilbunny:

Because I couldn't think of anything to say.........Z

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 18:05      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evilbunny:

Because you posted an unmarked spoiler?
Actually I couldn't think of a suitable reply, but let's keep that our little secret. *lunatic movie bad guy laugh*

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2002 16:46      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That was my FAV movie for a while!
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 05, 2002 17:03      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean the one you were quoting from!
Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2002 20:33      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what's inside a lava lamp, the liquid that is... mine broke :-(

------------------
"Hacking is not a
crime... no wait, it is."

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2002 05:33      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it is cooking oil, but i may be wrong. my dad once told me in was oil, so who knows.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
kyle_beatty
Mini Geek
Member # 398

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted March 06, 2002 14:55      Profile for kyle_beatty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not edible! It is probably benzyl alcohol which, I gather, is nasty.

http://www.amasci.com/amateur/bloblamp.html

ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted March 06, 2002 16:47      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.fulton-net.com/~sgraber/lava_lamp.htm
this one works too.....Z

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture