homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » We need some snow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We need some snow
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2001 06:17      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Geek Culture could use some snow on the web site.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eponine
Highlie
Member # 548

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 19, 2001 08:22      Profile for Eponine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto that... there is no snow here, and it doesn't look like there will be any in time for xmas. I want it to snow...
Posts: 745 | From: Midwest, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
homesalad
Geek
Member # 938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2001 16:07      Profile for homesalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a few days, I'm flying to MN to visit my folks for the holidays. And there's no snow there! What gives? Why would anyone go to MN in the winter if they didn't want to see snow? If I wanted warm weather, I'd go to Florida. Argh. Well, there are still 4 days for the powers-that-be to put some snow there. Time's wasting...
Posts: 220 | From: On The Road... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 10 posted December 19, 2001 18:45      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way, then I would have to shovel it off My walkway into these forums >;o) Hey, I just made post #200 wooooooo hhoooooo .....Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sniper
Mini Geek
Member # 904

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2001 03:47      Profile for sniper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no snow. snow is bad.
i don't want to look at something as cold and gloomy as snow.

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 20, 2001 03:52      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Looks out of window towards Alps>
<Gets crick in neck as Alps are wrong side of building>

Not enough snow on the mountains yet, we need more, moRE, MORE, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oooops! Hehehe sorry, got a bit carried away.

Anyway, like I was saying, not enough snow on the mountains yet to ensure a good ski season, we need more.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 20, 2001 05:13      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
% xsnow -snowflakes 250 -nosanta &

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
pawn
Assimilated
Member # 173

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted December 20, 2001 06:02      Profile for pawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just reading the snow report for the Alberta/B.C. ski resorts, and things are looking great this year.

Big White, the resort that my cousin works at, already has a 200 cm base. Many of the resorts that I will be passing by on my way to visit my cousin next week, have gotten more than 100 cm in the past week. Damn I wish I had the money to stop.

I actually do, but I don't want to spend my emergency fund that my mother holds for me, as I may need it for school. The only reason I can go skiing this year is my cousin has gotten me free lift tickets, and I only have to pay for my travel costs since I will be staying at his place.

------------------
Sometimes you've just gotta say 'what the f*ck', and make your move. 'What the f*ck' gives you freedom, freedom brings opportunity, and opportunity makes your future.

Words to live by.

Posts: 413 | From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
annie
Assimilated
Member # 909

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2001 10:02      Profile for annie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sniper:
no snow. snow is bad.
i don't want to look at something as cold and gloomy as snow.

Cold yes. But gloomy?
Personally I love freshly fallen snow. It's when it's been sitting there for a while and is all dirty that it gets annoying.

------------------
the world will have to end someday; hopefully not while i'm around.

Posts: 391 | From: somewhere in Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2001 17:09      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the time I like snow. Today I didn't. It started blowing snow while I was on duty. Luckily on of the paramedics was willing to give me a ride home in the fly car. Otherwise I would've been biking into a high and snowy crosswind. It was bad enough coming in for my shift - the wind got so heavy I was actually having trouble holding a straight line!

------------------
Take by surprise and the world gives up resistance.
- Tennesee Williams

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted December 20, 2001 19:35      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snow is too cold.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture