homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Rest in Peace Mr. Dressup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rest in Peace Mr. Dressup
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 18, 2001 16:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More sad news...

"Ernie Coombs, who played the much-loved television character Mr. Dressup, has died in Toronto after suffering from a stroke.

Along with TV pals Casey and Finnigan, the kindly Mr. Dressup was a staple of morning television, entertaining generations of Canadian children with simple crafts, sing-alongs and trips to the "tickle trunk" for costumes.

Harkening back to a time before video games and expensive toys, Mr. Dressup encouraged children to use their imagination."

Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2001 16:33            Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Dressup was really cool...

Of course, we watched him on Channel 9 from Windsor growing up, and I noticed that he was still broadcasting recently.

We did a lot of his crafts with paper and paperclips and staples and cool stuff...

I even had a friend who named her dog after Finnegan....

IP: Logged
pawn
Assimilated
Member # 173

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted September 18, 2001 20:48      Profile for pawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, that really sad. I loved watching Mr. Dressup when I was a kid.

Now I feel old.

------------------
I'm not a pessimist, I'm just an optimist with a bad attitude

Posts: 413 | From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Orbhead
Geek
Member # 608

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 23, 2001 01:39      Profile for Orbhead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I had no idea. I don't keep up on the news much, even still, all that ever seems to be on is the terrorist attacks and repurcussions.

Thanks so much for posting this here Snaggy. You'd never beleive this, but I actually met him in Kimberly of all places. I think I was 7 or 8 at the time. He gave me a button that had his picture on it and said "I Love Mr. Dressup!"

Posts: 162 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
octothorp
Assimilated
Member # 339

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted September 23, 2001 20:55      Profile for octothorp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Growing up, the other kids called me Mr. Dressup because of my last name (dresser). Another piece of my childhood floating away...

#

Posts: 361 | From: calgary, alberta, canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture