homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » It's Lonely Out Here...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Lonely Out Here...
Eponine
Highlie
Member # 548

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 24, 2001 15:56      Profile for Eponine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...without my IRC. I've tried to find a way to chat on #aftery2k with you all, but I can only get to certain channels on Slashnet. None of them being #AY2K. If any of you know of a way I can chat short of dling something onto my dad's computer (BIG no-no), then I'll be in as quick as I can. And yes, I tried the /join command. It's not working.
Posts: 745 | From: Midwest, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted December 24, 2001 16:45      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wait a sec....

a geek WITHOUT his (her) PC?!

wazza madda? no laptop to take with you?!

ok,ok, if i knew these guys had one, i could tell you to use your browser to connect to irc

i've seen links for that before, but not here

snaggy? got one set up? they're supposedly easy to do if not

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 730

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2001 16:47      Profile for MrJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried the /join command on the main window... worked for me. If not, I suppose I could set up a shell account somewhere if you have a good secure shell (ssh) or telnet client on that computer.
Posts: 35 | From: near Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eponine
Highlie
Member # 548

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2001 17:01      Profile for Eponine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A laptop would be nice, but I don't have enough money for it. Slashnet has a java client that I've tried, but when I type on the /join command, it doesn't recognise it... it did the first time I did it, but it hasn't since the first time. I think I might have done something illegal, but I don't know what.

[edit: It says "***command not available"]

I've been given a shell account before, and I don't think there were any problems with that...

Posts: 745 | From: Midwest, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 730

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2001 17:19      Profile for MrJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ever-reliable browser java irc client. *cough*

Ok, the account details have been e-mailed using the address from your profile.

Posts: 35 | From: near Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2001 11:23      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the client computer is a Windows PC, I highly recommend that you install PuTTY, a small but excellent terminal emulator + telnet/ssh client for Windows.

MS-Telnet is so bad that you shouldn't even consider running it.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture