homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I kick butt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I kick butt!
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted December 18, 2001 14:36      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, during lunch at school I was hagging out in front of my G/T class waiting for a friend to get back with they key so I could get it. Some dumb freshman jocks in a nearby math class started tauting me by saying I look like Harry Potter. I probably do resemble Harry in the terms that I wear glasses and I am Caucasian, but I am much taller and I recently put my hair in a ponytail. Its probably an OK thing to look like him, great for last-minute halloween costumes, but they decided it would be a good thing to taunt me about.
I flipped them off about 23 times over the course of passing the room on my way to return the key, on my way back, on my way to get lunch, on my way back, etc, but it did not help. So I enterd the room, called them neanterthals, and closed the door. The teacher did not seem to notice. One of the jerks than exited the room, and resumed taunting me, so I hit him with my backpack a couple of times. I did not want to hurt him; just get him to back off. I steped back into the doorway, just as the door he had opened closed on him causing him to fall to the floor. He pushed the door away, and it hit him agian.
Anyway, after learning that they could not be made to stop, I tried a different approcach. They opened the door, yelled "Harry Potter!", and ran back in as a turned and headed for them. Someone I know who was in that class said that he just saw them run across the room into their seats. I then swung the door open, looked them in the eyes, and began a speach I preparted 10 minutes earlier.
"Just beacuse I resemble a pop culture icon," I yelled, "that does not mean I'm an object of ridicule. What would the world be like if we all judged each other by appearance?"
"Excuse me," said the teacher
"I would say that you look like a pile of dog feces, and you remind me of a diseased toad."
"Um, excuse me," said the teacher. I turned to her, and I said "I would appreciate it if you would be able to restore order in you classroom." and left. She followed me out, closed the door, we appoligized, and she assured me that they would be punsihed. She took my name down (I still don't know if it's for the record or if I am to be punished too. If so, it would be worth it.)
It was fun taking matters into my own hands. I should do it more often.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 18, 2001 15:55      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when she took you guys out you should have thrown down some smoke bombs and escaped! HA-HA-HA! sometimes freshmen are D-H-O-M dumb!
Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 18, 2001 17:05      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Harry! you should post your picture on this thread! THAT might get some more responses!
Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
trowelblister
Geek
Member # 897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 18, 2001 17:33      Profile for trowelblister   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you need to be careful. Taunting a group of twits, no matter how justified, can lead to a group ass-whupping. Having been on the receiving end of one of those about 12 years ago, I know you don't want it to happen. Even though my case involved mistaken identity (plus maybe a tiny bit of my smart mouth), it still hurts when yer on the ground and they don't stop kicking. Mob mentality amongst the "neandertals" can go way too far sometimes, just look up the story of Eddie Polak (possibly misspelled) in Philly a coupla' years ago. This poor guy was beat to death with a baseball bat by high school kids.

Really, be careful.

Posts: 242 | From: lansdale, pa, usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2001 19:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The correct spelling is Polec
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 18, 2001 19:36      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An explanation: The appoligization was between the teacher and I. Those twits stayed in the classroom. But seriously, I have not been picked on sence middle school (no...wait...in 10th grade I was called a nark beacuse I almost got a ceratin dumb-ass slacker anti-intellegence teacher fired. That's anouther story. I'll tell it sometime.)
I have never managed to stand up to this before, and I feel GREAT (at least untill tomarrow, when one passes me in the hallway. There were also several witnesses who might have caught on. Last year BlueAntoid was mistaken for a freshmen who looks just like him and who does tacky kung-fu manuevers in front of the school)
Anyway, I could not find a current picture of me (unless my Mom gets a digital camera for xmas). I could show you one from four years ago, when I had sunburned lips and poor digital resolution, but it will be too much trouble uploading it, as I do not have an active website.

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueAntoid
Mini Geek
Member # 1030

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted December 18, 2001 20:36      Profile for BlueAntoid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid kung-fu kid...

Eh, at our school there are plenty of kids who need shock training collars. Oh well. All I can hope for is a massive space emigration initiative in which all geek-haters (misgeekonists?) shall be launched into the sun. Or possibly a moon of some sort. But that's just my insane rambling...

Posts: 67 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2001 11:48      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right on!

you should have beat the living hell out of them!

damn jocks.. and frosh jocks at that!

HA!

------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture