homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Deceit and Betrayal (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Deceit and Betrayal
MeckaMon
Uber Geek
Member # 356

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2001 20:24      Profile for MeckaMon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry everyone, but I have betrayed you all. I myself have gone against the teachings of being a bitter single person that I have brought to you all and 'confessed my love' to my semi-longtime crush. Whether or not it works out is not an issue, for I have committed a cardinal sin...

And what's worse, I can't belittle you people anymore!

------------------
MeckaMon v 2.0 - Not to be taken with food
geekworld.cpp/TheSoyokaze.NET/Geek Code/Metallic Earth Studios

Eponine
Highlie
Member # 548

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 27, 2001 22:35      Profile for Eponine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!! I knew you could do it Mecka!!!

Make sure you tell us how it all works out!

------------------
No Day But Today

Posts: 745 | From: Midwest, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Etherblade
Geek
Member # 360

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted March 27, 2001 23:14      Profile for Etherblade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curses! My ally has abandoned the cause! I'm all alone against the hordes of attached people! Gar, a pox upon thee! Gar!

Etherblade, the "Gar! Gar gar!" guy.

Posts: 192 | From: Shiznit, KY, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 730

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 00:35      Profile for MrJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if it turns out bad, as the teachings say it will, we only hope you return improved, an enlightened bitter single person... that we can now belittle. It's a wonderful healing process.

Posts: 35 | From: near Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 28, 2001 09:55      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrJ:
And if it turns out bad, as the teachings say it will, we only hope you return improved, an enlightened bitter single person... that we can now belittle. It's a wonderful healing process.

Hey now, Mecka's a nice guy. Sorry, Mecka but its true I sense a latent niceness in you. You gave me some good advice when I was going through some tough times.... So I guess, now if you start hurting, I will do the same. As for the rest of you, anyone who makes fun of mecka , takes me on.....

Shoo, shoo, away, leave the poor guy alone....
Mecka, that was no sin, you are only surrendering to the inevitable......
Atleast, enjoy the "ride"

sorry , couldn't resist that pun......

hee hee.

MeckaMon
Uber Geek
Member # 356

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 15:40      Profile for MeckaMon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Wow, this is my most popular topic!)

Etherblade says:
Curses! My ally has abandoned the cause!

Don't worry, I haven't abandoned it yet. A lot can still go wrong, you know.

mephisto says:
Hey now, Mecka's a nice guy.

Take it back! Take it back now!

mephisto says:
Sorry, Mecka but its true I sense a latent niceness in you.

Sure, when I haven't been angered...

------------------

Mandinga
Geek Larva
Member # 659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 15:49      Profile for Mandinga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Mecka. And good luck, too.

But be careful, they don't call it a 'crush' for nothing... that's usually how you feel at the end of it -- crushed.

-M

Posts: 26 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MeckaMon
Uber Geek
Member # 356

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 15:57      Profile for MeckaMon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mandinga:

That's not a problem. I'm already fully prepared for that. Besides, it's not really any worse that being idle about it.

------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 16:53      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well hopefully she likes kawaii kodocha raps and pvp-comics as much as you do. [evil grin] so, congratulations on telling her what you think. and contemplate that...it can only get better from this point. you haven't really been going out long enough for anything hideously bad to happen.

so...are you officially "going out" with her? do please spill all the details, my lack of an actual love life leaves me starved for gossip...

------------------
demosthenes says "nurf."

Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 17:36      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MeckaMon:
I'm sorry everyone, but I have betrayed you all. I myself have gone against the teachings of being a bitter single person that I have brought to you all and 'confessed my love' to my semi-longtime crush. Whether or not it works out is not an issue, for I have committed a cardinal sin...

And what's worse, I can't belittle you people anymore!

I Knew It!!!!!

Just didn't know when. Muhahahahaha

-Drasca
"Neener Neener Neener!"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Doc Holliday
Highlie
Member # 598

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 20:21      Profile for Doc Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And....as always......you must follow the code and hook up the rest of us with her friends.
Posts: 517 | From: I'm right behind you!!! | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
pawn
Assimilated
Member # 173

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2001 23:55      Profile for pawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh, Doc. MeckaMon is still in high school. So that would make her friends a little young for most of us here.

But then again, if she has any older sisters...

Posts: 413 | From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr Bill
Assimilated
Member # 553

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted March 29, 2001 05:46      Profile for Mr Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell??

This is one of the signs of the apocolypse, isn't it?
[grabs sacred text]
Let's see...
[flip flip flip]
...I know it's here...
[flip flip]
...kernel, [flip] logarithm, [flip] memory...
[flip flip]
...hmmm. Guess not.

(Yeah, Mecka!)

------------------

Life Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff.
Life Rule #2: It's all small stuff.
Life Rule #3: When in doubt, go for the joke.

Posts: 378 | From: Down the hall, second door on the right | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2001 12:02      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bill:
What the hell??

This is one of the signs of the apocolypse, isn't it?
[grabs sacred text]
Let's see...
[flip flip flip]
...I know it's here...
[flip flip]
...kernel, [flip] logarithm, [flip] memory...
[flip flip]
...hmmm. Guess not.

(Yeah, Mecka!)

Wrong book. Smacks him on the head with the programming book snatched from his own hands and gives him proper book.......

Wasn't it Nostradamus's prophecy: "And the day will come, Microsoft will provide a stable OS, Mecka will get a girlfriend and the world shall end......."

Oh, by the way, Mecka, fine, you aren't a nice guy, you are a very nice guy..... You just try very hard to pretend otherwise, so we won't know the truth.... Just wait till the girl is done with you, you'll be nice......

ravenknight21
Geek Apprentice
Member # 729

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted March 29, 2001 12:47      Profile for ravenknight21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Oh sure, first you steal all the NW girls, then you go and fins one of your own!
Just kidding. Good luck!

Posts: 42 | From: Centralia, Washington | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2001 14:14      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Mecka! Hope everything works out for you. If it doesn't though, don't worry, we bitter single people will welcome you back into the fold.

Janeway

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 12 posted March 29, 2001 16:16      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry mr bill, mephisto...you're both wrong...i think it's written somewhere in the necronomicon, right next to the part where cthulhu rises up out of the sea to devour us all...

that said, did anyone see userfriendly today? CTHULHU! oh fear, oh irony!

------------------
demosthenes says "nurf."

MeckaMon
Uber Geek
Member # 356

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2001 16:30      Profile for MeckaMon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Demosthenes says:
so...are you officially "going out" with her?

No. Not yet, at least.

mephisto says:
Wasn't it Nostradamus's prophecy: "And the day will come, Microsoft will provide a stable OS, Mecka will get a girlfriend and the world shall end......."

And Phil just called. Heck's frozen over.

mephisto says:
Just wait till the girl is done with you, you'll be nice......

Actually, she's evil too.

------------------

Doc Holliday
Highlie
Member # 598

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2001 23:38      Profile for Doc Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MMMMMMMM highschool.
Posts: 517 | From: I'm right behind you!!! | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Briar Rose
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 735

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2001 05:57      Profile for Briar Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I suggest an amnesty on all long term crushes. Admit it to the one you love, its no good cultivating it in your head until it goes to seed.

If many of you do and report back it will make interesting reading over the next few days.

Surprise yourself.
Nice one MeckaMon

Posts: 3 | From: Dunedin, New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
lonely_sage
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2001 17:17            Edit/Delete Post 
MeckaMon:
Well, it makes sense when you think about it.

Traded your soul for a girlfriend.
Works every time.

IP: Logged
Mr Bill
Assimilated
Member # 553

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 30, 2001 17:25      Profile for Mr Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mephisto:

guess we're safe then...

quote:
Mecka:
And Phil just called. Heck's frozen over.

What's this from? I almost remember...

Posts: 378 | From: Down the hall, second door on the right | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2001 17:34      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah.  <waves his paw in dismissal>
MeckaMon
Uber Geek
Member # 356

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2001 19:33      Profile for MeckaMon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've got some news from the front, but first, responses to other people's posts:

Briar Rose says:
Admit it to the one you love, its no good cultivating it in your head until it goes to seed.

For your own sakes, do NOT take this advice. The past few days have made the Top Twenty Worst Days of My Life (TM) already. More on this later.

Mr. Bill says:
What's this from? I almost remember...

Phil is the Prince of Insufficient Light, starring in Dilbert. He's also the brother of the Pointy-Haird Boss.

And now for the news...

As near as I can tell, my crush has in fact read my email (one of my friends congratulated me on this - I nearly punched him in the head, especially when he ruined a chance at gaining more information from another source). The complexity of my life has increased exponentially.

I seriously regret having done this. I think I'd rather die painfully. (My regret isn't so much in telling her, but in what it has caused).

------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2001 00:25      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MeckaMon:
I nearly punched him in the head, especially when he ruined a chance at gaining more information from another source).

I would've drop kicked... more fun that way..... or attach a 4 second fuse grenade to a rather short string and attach to the inside of their locker handle.....

high school *sigh* those were the days....

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture