homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » google dabbles in something else

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: google dabbles in something else
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2010 05:27      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
travel bookings

This is exactly what I want ( I think) currently, to get teh best price on tickets, you ahve to search several meta sites. ALl work a bit different and give you slightly differing prices and routes. it takes forever. I want a meta meta flight ticket search engine that works well. Many sites don't allow you to search for tickets when they are the cheapest, you ahve to give fixed dates. Other sites don't let you control your layover. ( 1 hour is perfect, 4 is the worst, and starting at 5-6 hous layover you can actually go out and see the town you happen to be in.

I think this is somethign that google can do really well, and isn't in yet.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2010 12:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Kayak?

(Kayak is a client of the company Google is buying.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2010 23:23      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but I will.

EDIT:
Kayak is awesome, exactly what i was looking for. The "weekend" funtion is great. Plus, you can select multiple airports for departure so you don't have to try all your dates with one aoirport then switcfh over adn try them all again with anouther.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture