homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » I am back from the hospital!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am back from the hospital!
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 05:50      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to all my well-wishers.

I appreciate your kind words. Mo-Man, I do not know you but think of you as a friend already!

I have bags in me right now, and my belly is sore. All those cables in me really tore me up. I walk a bit 4 times a day and rest a lot. My darling wife is a nurse so she takes care of me really well.

I just wanted to say hello!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 06:44      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Mr. Geek 2U [Smile]

You sound in good spirits. Here's hoping your recovery is as comfortable as it can be.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 11, 2009 08:31      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home! And all the best for a speedy recovery!

[Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 12:15      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Thats Mr Geek 2You. When they pull the Jackson or whatever its called drain, that will hurt a bunch just like getting kneed in the groin. Take the pain pill before you get to the Drs. Office. When the Catheter comes out there will be some pain but a ton of relief, no more carrying a bucket with a catch bag. Watch your diet and only low residue foods for about twice as long as they recomend I got a bowel sanfu and had to suffer a NG tube not fun. Expect to leak for at least six months, even more fun, I am going on eight months now and I am not leaking persay but at times dribble, buy Tena stock. Have you staked out the recliner?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 11, 2009 14:30      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everybody!

Mo-Man, my surgeon is new school with this MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery), I have been on tylenol only since I got out of surgery. No narcotics! Ouch!

He says narcotics back you up. I remember that from the movie Train Spotting. Does anybody remember that movie and the scene I'm remembering? Ha-ha! So funny.

My belly really aches from where they put the robot tools and and scope into my belly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjXe3OLv3Q

This morning I already experienced one benefit of nerve-sparing surgery. It was painful with the catheter in, but my wife was happy with the news!

I met a 45 year old man who had the surgery and he said he wasn't having lack of that function either. I think if this surgeon goes on a streak with this then he will have a great career!

So far so good. No visible appearance of cancer in the lymph nodes. But, I still have to wait for the path report.

Catch you later!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2009 03:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear things went well.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Geek 2U:
my surgeon is new school with this MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery), I have been on tylenol only since I got out of surgery. No narcotics! Ouch!

I didn't know you lived in Finland. [Wink]
</unsubtle-dig-at-Erbo>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2009 05:46      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD Since you so politely reopened this topic, Is this the Obama Death Panel that Sarah Palen speaks of??

http://digg.com/politics/Death_Panel_CIGNA_Officials_Flip_Off_Mother_of_Dead_Girl

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 13:55      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad that it went so well and that the initial reports are favourable. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted October 14, 2009 10:57      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Ba-a-a-a-ck!

The pathology report.

Gleason stayed the same: 3+4/7. Whew! One worry out of the way.

Inked Margin: Not Involved! Whew! Another BIG worry out of the way.

AJCC Staging: T2c,NO,MX. Still a good chance of cure!

There was some invasion of the capsule and some perineural invasion, but containment inside the margin is the key for an improved prognosis. We may have gotten this in the nick of time.

Hey Mo_Man! Mrs. Nurse came home and yanked the drain tube out. No kick in the groin there! Felt more like an impending fart. Pull my finger!

Still have the catheter in, though. See doc tomorrow. Figure I'll draw blood for a while to monitor PSA.

Have a great day! I sure am!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 16:16      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::does happy dance!!::
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 17:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Thats Mr. Geek 2U. Not sure on the protocol there but HFH wanted a PSAD done at one month, they were looking for a skewing of ratios. How can ratios be skewed if they cant find the protien? <0.06 PSA I get one drawn next month, then again in March, before my final checkup, then it becomes yearly.

____ Mine came out Feb 27,09 Now on to the serious stuff, being eighteen years older, and taking Beta Blockers, Statiens and diuretics, The little guy would often need help from those ED drugs, oh great my plan no longer covers that or proton inhibitors for GERD, YMMV

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2009 15:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

____ Mr. Geek 2U Well you are nine days post op, you should be getting about well, as can be expected carrying a bucket. I found a link you may want to order from.

http://www.zazzle.com/prostate_cancer_quote_button-145465178236005896

____ That pretty well sums every thing up.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 16:50      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mr. Mo-Man!

I am doing fine! Getting the catheter pulled was a kick. OUCH! Mrs. Geek2Me pulled it at home. Thank my lucky stars! I got to scream in private and lay in my own bed. Whew!

I bought big, thick pads like my doctor said, but I do not need them. I just leek a very little bit. I cut the pads in thirds and one piece works all day.

It is like a cod piece. I can go to a rent-a-sauce faire now!

Mrs. Geek2Me and me have a rigid program for the other side effect. It is fun! fun! fun!

One more thing. We should have a geek survivors party! We could go see the Detroit Lions lose and smile! They are losers. We are winners!

I will buy tickets if you want to go.

Mr. Geek2U!

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture