homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Confession Booth   » secretly wishing friends gf would just fuck off

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: secretly wishing friends gf would just fuck off
serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 23:01      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda have a bit of a nasty attitude sometimes in that when one of my friends gets a new girlfriend or boyfriend i usually end up wishing they'd just fuck off so that my friend would actually acknowledge my existance once again.

Does it say in the manual you have to spend your every waking monent with him/her?

it'd be nice to be acknowledged as a person once again and actually have a conversation about something other than him/her.

I know i should really just learn to live with it.
But this is the confession forum ;-)

Posts: 42 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 01:14      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between this and the "Is love obsolete?" thread, I'm guessing your crush got himself a chickie.

Sorry. [Frown]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 01:43      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that feeling, serishema. But get to know your friends' gfs/bfs and that'll help. Hang out together sometimes.

It doesn't have to be a crush, FireSnake... just anyone you care about (or even just have got used to).

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 03:15      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is mainly a teenage girl thing. This is the kind of girl who has very intense friendships with other girls, but then drops them almost completely for an equally intense (and perhaps suffocating) relationship with a boyfriend, and then suddenly restarts the intense friendship when love goes wrong. In general this type is usually pretty insecure, which is why they seek these intense relationships to give their life a meaning, and often rather solipsistic in outlook. Usually most girls grow out of this by the time they get to their twenties.

But you are right S, they are annoying!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 04:04      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
Between this and the "Is love obsolete?" thread, I'm guessing your crush got himself a chickie.

Sorry. [Frown]

you're not wrong, but you aren't quite right eaither
:-)
Like a lot of things it's complicated.

It wasn't a single incident, but rather a combination of several events. The love obsolete thread was more in responce to a relationship with a woman I recently ended (yes i go that way too if that's not blindingly obvious) though i still have feelings for her, simply because it's something I cannot do - I can't be everything to someone. I realised there wasn't really much substance to our relationship and the main base of the relationship was this mutual delusion that each other were perfect.
Reality sunk in, and it wasn't fair to her to pretend otherwise.

serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 04:10      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I think this is mainly a teenage girl thing. But you are right S, they are annoying!

Yeah it's anoying damn straight!
Pretty much all my friends do it, male or female.

Except for cirtain geek bois, who end up wanting to date me, though envitably I don't feel the same way, or would prefer things remain the same, since i'm a bit crazy and dating me pretty much ensures we'll end up hating each other in the end.

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 04:49      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I think this is mainly a teenage girl thing. This is the kind of girl who has very intense friendships with other girls, but then drops them almost completely for an equally intense (and perhaps suffocating) relationship with a boyfriend, and then suddenly restarts the intense friendship when love goes wrong. In general this type is usually pretty insecure, which is why they seek these intense relationships to give their life a meaning, and often rather solipsistic in outlook. Usually most girls grow out of this by the time they get to their twenties.

But you are right S, they are annoying!

I don't think it's limited to girls... or teenagers, even. If you're close to someone, and have been for a while, it's difficult when they find someone that instantly takes priority over you in their lives.

I've certainly felt this way, and I'm not a girl and I'm almost out of my teenage years. And just yesterday I was listening to the DVD commentary to Shaun of the Dead in which Bill Nighy (far from a girly teenager) was saying that he identified with Ed's poorly-concealed joy when Shaun (his best friend) split up with his girlfriend.

But it could well be an insecurity issue. I'm just not sure who's more to blame.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheGirlWonder
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4698

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 01, 2005 10:29      Profile for TheGirlWonder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly how that goes. I haven't seen one of my best friends in eight months, since she's always with her boyfriend. I see my other best friend more often, but her boyfriend is usually there with us. I've gotten used to it...it's their loss, and it's their problem if they want to spend every waking moment with their significant others instead of taking time out for their other friends occasionally.
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 07:55      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have a crush on your hands,young 'un! [Eek!] i would do something about it (like ask them out on a date) before you begin tearing your hair out! [devil wand] xLiix

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

Posts: 23 | From: yorkshire,england | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 11:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xStrangedayx:
you have a crush on your hands,young 'un! [Eek!]

Am I the only one who briefly considered a different connotation to this? [evil]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 21:09      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

Am I the only one who briefly considered a different connotation to this? [evil]
Dude, how many times have you asked that question today? Have you been reading uncle Freud lately? [evil]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 21:37      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i would do something about it (like ask them out on a date) before you begin tearing your hair out! [devil wand] xLiix

Don't chicks dig balds?

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 22:39      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dp004i:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

Dude, how many times have you asked that question today? Have you been reading uncle Freud lately? [evil]
I'm pretty sure only once. [Razz] The rest of today has been spent on Google, and quite a bit of time spent consulting Perldoc/perlfunc. I learned how to use format today! (after reading perlform.)

Best module of the week: File::Tail!

=cut perl_geek

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture