homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Confession Booth   » Dream Date

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream Date
mdee2004
Geek Larva
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 18, 2004 20:15      Profile for mdee2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my confession. My dream date would be to go to a renaissance festival with a girl with both of us in garb. This confession leads into my second confession which is that I generally find women capable of filling out said garb to be very cute and attractive.

--------------------
Bass lines are at their best when they are played by a bass.

Posts: 26 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 21:41      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's a confession?

you can find a renfair just about anywhere these days at this time of year - google it

can't be that hard to meet someone when you get to one

not my style, but there's not to many farscape-fairs around

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 21:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
that's a confession?

you can find a renfair just about anywhere these days at this time of year - google it

Gee, are you like this when all your friends open up to you?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 21:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
that's a confession?

Gee, are you like this when all your friends open up to you?
Dude, you're friggin' lame. Come on now, he was asking for it! [evil]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 22:10      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please ignore this lame double post

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 22:12      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Dude, you're friggin' lame. Come on now, he was asking for it! [evil]

Well, admittedly renfair people are probably fairly low on the geek hierarchy [Wink] (wasn't there a flowchart about that). I seem to remember furries being lower though (and if you don't know what that is, I'm not going to tell you. Googling it may not be work safe, either).

Maybe I've just got a soft spot for women capable of filling out said garb too [blush]

Actually, speaking of Farscape, wouldn't Magda Szubanski take up a fair amount of room in a dress [evil]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 22:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that's why I'm glad one of my friends is a pirate [Big Grin] . Arr, matey, 'tis so - she's even a registered wench [Wink] . Fun girl, awesome geek...too bad she's moved back to TX to be with her fiancee [Razz] .

And to anyone who didn't get it - I was joking about the loser stuff (w.r.t. to the initial poster & csk, anyway).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 22:16      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess that's why I'm glad one of my friends is a pirate [Big Grin] . Arr, matey, 'tis so - she's even a registered wench [Wink] . Fun girl, awesome geek..

Any pics? </WWCVD>

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2004 22:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I guess that's why I'm glad one of my friends is a pirate [Big Grin] . Arr, matey, 'tis so - she's even a registered wench [Wink] . Fun girl, awesome geek..

Any pics? </WWCVD>
What's the most photogenic part of a pirate wench??
Her aaaaarrrrrrrrrse !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10705 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 00:09      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
quote:

Any pics? </WWCVD>
Her aaaaarrrrrrrrrse !

Priceless [thumbsup]

/me writes it down in my mental joke book

BTW, Thanks to all for the WWCVD coverage this weekend....We are moving into the new house and I haven't been around much. I sincerly appreciate the lewdness and thread derailing you have all done while I have been away.
[weep]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 00:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Any pics? </WWCVD>
Her aaaaarrrrrrrrrse !

Priceless [thumbsup]

/me writes it down in my mental joke book

BTW, Thanks to all for the WWCVD coverage this weekend....We are moving into the new house and I haven't been around much. I sincerly appreciate the lewdness and thread derailing you have all done while I have been away.
[weep]

My pleasarrrrrrrre [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 07:13      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can honestly say that while I do very much consider myself a geek for the following reasons:

- I'd rather code than go out.
- I spend a minimum of 12 hours a day in front of a computer.
- Nothing makes me happier than fixing a bug.
- I know more useless facts about more useless things than anyone will ever have any use for.
- I love RPGs.

I possess many anti-geek qualities too: (don't take this personally, it's a generality thing. [Wink]

- I don't like Star Trek or Star Wars.
- I don't like coffee or cigarettes (although my aversion to caffeine by way of carbonated beverages may nullify this one.)
- I'm not into any of that cosplay type stuff.
- I don't like anime at all.

etc.

And I'd have to say my idea of the perfect date involves a hockey game, a big screen tv, and lots of sex. [Wink]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 07:36      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
And I'd have to say my idea of the perfect date involves a hockey game, a big screen tv, and lots of sex. [Wink]

All at once, or serially [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 07:38      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(/snip) And I'd have to say my idea of the perfect date involves a hockey game, a big screen tv, and lots of sex. [Wink] (/snip)

So you want to 'do' the Senators live on TV? [Razz]

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 08:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy_uk:
quote:
(/snip) And I'd have to say my idea of the perfect date involves a hockey game, a big screen tv, and lots of sex. [Wink] (/snip)

So you want to 'do' the Senators live on TV? [Razz]
*shudder*... the things I'd like to do to the Senators cannot be conveyed here, due to the graphic nature of my hatred for the Ottawa Prophylactics.

Just because I recently moved here, doesn't mean I'm a fan of that choke squad. I was born and raised in Toronto, and I'm a die-hard Leafs fan. Period.

But I was thinking more along the lines of having sex whilst watching my leafs plaster the senators on my bigscreen TV. [Big Grin]

quote:
All at once, or serially [Wink] [/QB]

Concurrently, duh! [Big Grin]
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 10:16      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Leafs are the best team ever!

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 11:46      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Wendel! One of my favourite old players. I met him at the last Leafs game I was at.. one of the NICEST guys in the world.. which is how it normally goes.. I've met Tie Domi too.. he's a *really* nice guy, and a total whackjob.. he's like.. the biggest goofball in the world. And really short. (Like 5'9" or 5'10".)
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 13:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was born and raised in Toronto, and I'm a die-hard Leafs fan.

So, that's in western Newfoundland then.
Far, far, far western.

/me is confised about the choice of SN [Confused]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10705 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 13:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Go Wendel! One of my favourite old players. I met him at the last Leafs game I was at.. one of the NICEST guys in the world.. which is how it normally goes.. I've met Tie Domi too.. he's a *really* nice guy, and a total whackjob.. he's like.. the biggest goofball in the world. And really short. (Like 5'9" or 5'10".)

I used to bounce/bartend at a TO strip club (Runway 66) out by the Airport, Wendel and Courtnell (sp) used to come in once in a while....Wendel was always great and a good tipper.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 14:03      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[So, that's in western Newfoundland then.
Far, far, far western.

There is an underground railway from The Rock to Hogtown. You go to The Big Stink, get your 10 weeks of stamps, then go home and go on pogey all winter.

/Canadian cultural references

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2004 14:07      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I was born and raised in Toronto, and I'm a die-hard Leafs fan.

So, that's in western Newfoundland then.
Far, far, far western.

/me is confised about the choice of SN [Confused]

My father is a newfie, and my whole family is newfie. I have been there a billion times, and was baptised into a religion (although I do not believe in it) there. My nickname, as I've referenced before though, has little to do with me and lots to do with a fun word I made up one day.

I don't drink.
I'm only partially newfie in the sense that my family is from there.
And I'm 6' tall. hardly a midget.

quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
There is an underground railway from The Rock to Hogtown. You go to The Big Stink, get your 10 weeks of stamps, then go home and go on pogey all winter.

/Canadian cultural references

Hehe. I have lots of family that an underground railway would help with that. They come here, work all summer long, go back home for the winter, and collect pogey.. . although I've heard they're changing the laws to make that impossible in the future. meh.

Oh, and for all you non-Canadians, allow me to translate. [Big Grin]

"The rock": No, not your favourite wrestler. It's the nickname for Newfoundland. Canada's youngest province. Joined constitution (I think) in 1949.

"Hogtown": Nickname for Toronto. THE coolest city on the planet, bar none.

"Pogey": Employment Insurance. A social program we have in Canada that allows^WREQUIRES people in Canada to pay X number of dollars of each of their paycheques in exchange for insurance that says, "if you lose your job through no fault of your own, we'll pay you 60% of your weekly salary every week until you get a new one, or until we've decided you aren't trying hard enough, or if we don't like your shoes. (EI in Canada is an absolute disgrace and an insult to our intelligence IMNSHO).

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture