homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Confession Booth   » Celebrity Crush! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Celebrity Crush!
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 18:23      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did'nt think it was possible, but I have a schoolboy crush on Alessandra Ambrosio .

Let-fly with the make-fun!

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 18:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..... nice ......

Does she speak Elvish?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 18:55      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people and your elves!

She's from Brazil, so I assume she speaks Portugese. Close enough?

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 22:45      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:
Well, I did'nt think it was possible, but I have a schoolboy crush on Alessandra Ambrosio .

What, you have a crush on a DNS error? You really are geeky!

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 23:17      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rats.... I was thinking Industrial compactor type celebrity crush.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 23:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flashfire:
quote:

What, you have a crush on a DNS error? You really are geeky!
Actually, I glanced at the site earlier today, and the front page said that they were kind of low on funds, and having bandwidth issues, so I'm thinking their server/ISP is down.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 23:32      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very pretty. If I were into girls I would have to say she is hot. In the meatime I'll take Brendan Frazier or Viggo Mortensen. [blush]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 00:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Very pretty. If I were into girls I would have to say she is hot. In the meatime I'll take Brendan Frazier or Viggo Mortensen. [blush]

Now he speaks Elvish.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

icee_donut
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 00:42      Profile for icee_donut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing wrong with a simple crush, she's quite attractive really. I've had many crushes on TV characters, ie, Willow from Buffy.
About Elves, they are cool. When I found out about the Elvish course in England I went 'cool, that'd be heaps of fun' which my sister replied to with, 'you're such a geek'

--------------------
so beats the final coda... of a vinyl storm... one more cherry cola... to lift up her dead arms

Posts: 13 | From: Adelaide | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 22, 2004 00:57      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is pretty! [thumbsup] I had a huge crush on Heather Graham my sophmore year of high school. I prefer the likes of Marilyn Manson and Kevin Smith now. (From one end to the other, eh?)

--Elvish?, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 00:58      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icee_donut:
There's nothing wrong with a simple crush, she's quite attractive really. I've had many crushes on TV characters, ie, Willow from Buffy.

Fair enough, too. First TV/movie crush I can remember was on Carrie Fisher as Leia in ROTJ (slave outfit + attitude = winning combination).

quote:

About Elves, they are cool. When I found out about the Elvish course in England I went 'cool, that'd be heaps of fun' which my sister replied to with, 'you're such a geek'

I just figure if I watch the movies enough times, I'll at least get a little bit of Elvish. Well, enough to perform love scenes with Liv Tyler if I ever need to. And let's face it, what better reason could there be? Hmm, if they shoot the Hobbit, and Viggo could be "convinced" not to be in it, and ...

/me is dreaming [Big Grin]

Edit: And for any spoilsports who want to point out that Aragorn and Arwen aren't in the Hobbit, Arwen technically didn't do the ringwraith washing thing, but that didn't stop it being in the FOTR movie [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 22, 2004 07:43      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know who speaks Elvish?!? CHRISTIAN BALE as seen in Equilibrium! Ouch, HOT!!! [Eek!] [Happytears] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 08:26      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why don't you click her Pay-Pal button then, dr cyclops? good way to get her attention, and show her you care [Smile]
Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 15:08      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
You know who speaks Elvish?!? CHRISTIAN BALE as seen in Equilibrium! Ouch, HOT!!! [Eek!] [Happytears] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

Haven't seen him -- personally, I'd go for Orlando Bloom, especially as Legolas...mmm, yummy...

Long-haired guys just melt me. *sigh*

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 19:42      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
why don't you click her Pay-Pal button then, dr cyclops? good way to get her attention, and show her you care
Well, the fine text on the bottom says 'not affiliated with Alessandra Ambrosio or her management' or somthing like that. I found the site a day after the closing day for birthday wishes [Frown]

Anyway, I think I read in one of the interveiws somewhere that she'd like to go into space someday. Did somebody say space zeppelins? [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 19:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flashfire:
Haven't seen him -- personally, I'd go for Orlando Bloom, especially as Legolas...mmm, yummy...

Long-haired guys just melt me. *sigh*

He's how many hundred years old?
And still single.
I bet he likes show-tunes.
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

(Legolas that is, dunno about Orlando)

--------------------

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 17:29      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I joined the forums over there under my preferred screename. (10 brownie points for whoever can guess what it is! Hint: Poem by Shelly).

...y works, ye mig...

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 18:29      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I joined the forums over there under my preferred screename....

Asshole?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 18:51      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong.

You'd think givin the poets last name, and a snippit of the poem, a moron would be able to find it. Maybe I should spell it out. No, maybe the alphabet is a little too complex...

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 19:01      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe I should spell it out. No, maybe the alphabet is a little too complex...

Big talk from someone who can't even spell Shelley's name correctly. Haven't you got a bridge to go under?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 19:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wrong.

You'd think givin the poets last name, and a snippit of the poem, a moron would be able to find it. Maybe I should spell it out. No, maybe the alphabet is a little too complex...

Colossal Wreck ?
The hand that mocked?

/me wanders off, having proven that a moron could find it.

--------------------

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 20:12      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Ozymandias!
I am the invincible.
I mock you, mortal.
My one voice rattles your soul.
break Me if you can!
in a million peices,
I mock you with a million voices!

BTW, Vic'n'csk, insult at your own age. And stop bothering the guy who called you on being boring.

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 21:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, isn't Ozymandias a poem about a crumbled statue with a bold inscription?

Not sure I'd want that for a screen name.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 21:05      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's better than Dr. C. I'm an undergrad with two eyes!

--------------------

eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 12 posted March 25, 2004 00:23      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[blush] [blush] [blush] Would you allow me to count some of the girls on "The Weather Channel"as celebs?
Yeah...pant pant...they can sure forecast the weather...pant...pant.

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture