homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Confession Booth   » I've Not Meant to Be One, but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've Not Meant to Be One, but...
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2004 16:37      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... as of recent, it seems I've been a bit of a Troll, for which I am sorry. Okay, I've been an outright jerk.

I have firm beliefs which root around the Golden Rule/Pagan Tenet:

"And it harm none, do as you will"

I get a little (okay, hugely obsessively) upset when things harm children. I've never been a super parent, but I just hear all of these terrible awful things that children are subjected to. I want each of the people here to find happiness -- but not at the expense of another person.

I accept that the passion of people younger than me has its very important place in life, as the wisdom imparted by tragedy and experience does from those who are both decades younger and older. I have been thinking because I was there, I have some sort of wisdom to impart on you. Of course, anyone who's ever been around young people and kids knows that you learn more from them than yourself or people your own age because they impart a new view on the world that one might not see.

I've been close-minded.

In my pride, I think I have the answers to fix it all. Not at all. I only have my experience to put in the mix, and while sometimes I'm lucky and hit on something really connected with what most people go through, the sheltered teen years I lived aren't a good base to start from.

In my life outside GeekCulture, most of the time I reserve judgement because it's important to keep an even keel for those you know need to make their own decisions.

So, I am here to apologize for not following my own "gospel" and especially not listening to other people.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2004 17:23      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I know the thread of which you speak, and speaking for myself, it's cool. Everyone brings their own experiences to the table, and I could tell that you've had some really hard ones. I don't blame you for saying what you did, I quite understand under the circumstances. Perhaps the tone was a little harsh, but my situation (or responses to it) seem to have hit a nerve with you, so that makes sense.

So, consider everything forgiven, even though I didn't really think you did anything much that needed forgiveness. And I know where you're coming from in terms of the wisdom and advice angle, since I now doubt my own ability to help people by what I say. I know it's irrational, but I feel that if I can't sort out my own problems, what could I possibly say to help out anyone else?

But I guess that goes along with the territory of supposedly being older and wiser, as us comparatively older folks are meant to be. And if it's any consolation, I've never lost respect for the obvious wisdom in your posts through any of this.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2004 01:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to have you back JJ, no hard feelings here [Smile]
Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2004 06:18      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get us a picture of MTB's ass and we'll all forgive you. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted March 15, 2004 07:59      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Get us a picture of MTB's ass and we'll all forgive you. [Wink]

I would never give you any one of the photos I have of MTB's derriere! She swore me to secrecy about the Speed Racer tattoo on her left... uh... sorry MTB. [blush]

[Big Grin] (kidding!)

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 15, 2004 08:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me starts the pre-orders for the "Desperately seeking MTB's ass!" t-shirt. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2004 08:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will it also be available in an XXL thong??

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2004 09:00      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sing along, now:

"They seek it here, they seek it there.
Those geekies seek it everywhere.
Is it in Heaven, or is it in Hell?
That damned elusive derriere."

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2004 09:54      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll order a bunch of them hard to grab t-shirts if they get available...
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture