homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Medieval geek lookin for a maiden in Victoria BC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Medieval geek lookin for a maiden in Victoria BC
Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 20:15      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello one and all i am new to this site just found it today actually and ive been told this is the place for people like me so here i am.

I had a revelation of sorts that i am sick and tired of being tossed around by mainstream girls who have zilch in common with me (shock) and i am on a quest to find a Geek maiden. Preferably in the Victoria BC area i hope you are out there somewhere. i know you exist! anyone else feeling the same as i am right now?

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster. when you gaze long into abyss the abyss gazes into you.

Posts: 15 | From: Victoria BC Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 20:30      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I hear you, I'm also looking for a maiden! The maidens though don't feel the same. Thankfully. I wouldn't want to see a maiden looking for a maiden too! What a waste that would be!
Posts: 118 | From: Manila | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 21:03      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Armored_geek. Good to see other Islanders around these parts. If you find a lovely maiden, let me know if she has a sister? [ohwell]

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 22:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically, you're saying that you're tired of women dumping you, and you want a subservient girl? That about sum it up?

Well...welcome anyway. [Razz]

Just follow the local creed of 'Show up naked, with beer' and I'm sure all will go right in your love life. (Or you'll get thrown in jail.) YMMV

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 23:03      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, i am sick and tired of women who play games, go behind my back and shiv me. i once had a girlfriend who was a geek and i let her down, why is none of your business. before you start accusing me of being a pig why dont you try understanding the person first

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster. when you gaze long into abyss the abyss gazes into you.

Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 23:57      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and fear not Toobe! i shall ask indeed! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 01:33      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa Full Metal Geek! Take it easy, I don't think anyone was calling you a pig. Maybe dragonman was asking whether you are tired of the high-maintenance, fussy bossy women and instead are looking for a more relaxed, subservient, geeky girl. Maybe, I don't know.

But I don't see how that could be construed as calling you a pig!

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 05:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flame War, Flame War__________________ Lets see we have in this corner a three poster and in this corner the Dman. It appears that the nuby has decided that the Dman thinks him a pig, and all of this in just one post.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 10:22      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry just a bit defensive as of late. my apologies to dman.

--------------------

Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 10:27      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but yeah i am tired of high maintenance fussy and bossy women who dont reciprocate. all this happened just yesterday and ive been through six in the past year. i dont work out well with subservient women though im not bossy enough [Razz] so i guess im seeking the neutral area geek-ette one who can think for herself but doesnt build a captains chair in the relationship for there is no captain...only crew...ohhmmm...hehe

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 11:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Mochan, I was just having a little good-hearted fun with the post. [Smile]

I'm not seeing a wealth of subservient geek girls (read: medieval maidens) out there. [Wink] For that matter, I have a feeling they'd be as boring as dirt. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 13:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
I'm not seeing a wealth of subservient geek girls (read: medieval maidens) out there. [Wink] For that matter, I have a feeling they'd be as boring as dirt. [Razz]

You've obviously not hung out with as many S.C.A. types as I have. 'Subserviant and boring' is not how I'd describe those maidens.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 13:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

You've obviously not hung out with as many S.C.A. types as I have. 'Subserviant and boring' is not how I'd describe those maidens.
Ha...I forgot about that stuff - I have a friend who's a pirate. [Big Grin]

She is neither boring, nor subservient. [Wink] Nor available, for that matter. [Razz]

--------------------

Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 17:41      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's an SCA?
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 18:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mochan:
What's an SCA?

Click. the. link.

--------------------

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 19:10      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link appears dead. SCA == Society for Creative Anachronisms. They get together and reenact medieval battles. In England, they are called "history buffs". In the USA, they are called geeks. When people in the US get together an reenact civil war battles, they are called history buffs too.

It's all just hobbies. Some people are more into it than others.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mochan
Geek
Member # 5035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2006 21:03      Profile for Mochan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, well outside the US and England, they are both geeks!

The link seems to be working now. Weird.

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 11 posted April 23, 2006 21:13      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whooooo!
We wanna see a picture !!!

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted April 25, 2006 08:04      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes the SCA alot of the women there are very strong willed. and i always wanted to join the group but never got around to it...Eureka! ill do it! lol

and fear not m'lady your picture shall arrive soon! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2006 16:16      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The local Victoria SCA chapter is run by my wife. If you want to get in touch with the fighting community, please contact our MOS.

If you're interested in full armoured combat, come to our practices. They are twice a week and listed on our website at:
http://seagirt.antir.sca.org/

As for women, there's quite a variety of personalities. Some are very much the type of geek you're looking for.

Come seek me out, my name in the society is Ming Lum Pee and would be more than happy to show you around or one of my Men at Arms would be pleased to help

I also love beating up my friends... [Smile]
 -
I'm in Green

Cheers
-TiW

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 09:21      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!! thank you titanium warrior! i shall be at the craigflower practice!

--------------------

Armored_geek
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 06:47      Profile for Armored_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about not being able to attend the craigflower practice, i got called in to work because someone didnt show up. just more encouragement to start my own business [Big Grin]
but i will book next saturday off making it more difficult for them to call me in if not impossible and then i will seek you out [Razz] hope you enjoyed the practice!

--------------------

macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 22:57      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of SCA... i need to get in touch with someone who makes shields...

TiW I haven't seen ya around of late.

Armored_geek, welcome to the boards. If ye be a Mac user I am at your service.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2006 08:51      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
Speaking of SCA... i need to get in touch with someone who makes shields...

TiW I haven't seen ya around of late.

Armored_geek, welcome to the boards. If ye be a Mac user I am at your service.

Yeah I've been hella busy these days... I'm also making another trek to NY in a couple of weeks so trying to stay ahead of my work. What kind of shields are you looking for M? I can certainly make any kind or point you to the right direction.

Cheers
-TiW

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture