homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Sexual orientation (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Sexual orientation
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 10:17      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman, that might depend on the region of Europe. The guys from the Balkans I've met were so fastidious they'd put cats to shame.

Careful there Peebs. I know someone who got pregnant while nursing.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 10:38      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Dman, that might depend on the region of Europe. The guys from the Balkans I've met were so fastidious they'd put cats to shame.

I hear that stereotype a lot, usually it's attributed to the lack of circumcision in Europe since it's not as culturally pervasive there. In my up close and personal experience with penises of both the circumcised and uncircumcised varieties, there's no indication that Europeans or uncircumcised men are less hygienic.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 11:35      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said anything of the sort - 'twas actually just looking for a fitting analogy to differentiate the well, cut from the uncut.

In this day and age, using hygienne as a reason to butcher is a kind of silly notion.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 11:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Hasn't come back yet. Apparantly all this night nursing is good for something. [Razz]

Watch out for the "you can't get pregnant while you are nursing" baby. I know two of those.
Don't worry, we're still using precautions. And to be on the safe side, since I don't have a period yet to let me know, I've even taken a couple of pregnancy tests. Both negative.

And why does "my period hasn't come back" = "we're not using contraceptives" anyway? Xanthine commented on that too.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 12:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably because even people that should know better make that mistake...

I'm glad you're taking precautions Peebs. Kids are great, but having them too close together isn't very healthy for you.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 13, 2006 12:49      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like my cousin, she just had one last Oct. and is due again in Aug.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 12:56      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any recommendations for chemical birth control? I'm thinking the ease of the patch or the shot would be nice. I'm horrible at taking pills, and on my schedule, even if I remembered, I wouldn't be able to take them at the same time every day.

Oh right. And I'm on Wellbutrin XL, which is contraindicated for some kinds of birth control, but I forget which. I don't really want to give up the Wellbutrin 'cause it's done wonders for me, but Jonathan and I don't want to have children for another two or three years.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 13:05      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm personally on the pill, but the patch would seem easier than going in for a shot. Just put it on rather than schedule an appointment, take time out of your schedule, etc.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 13:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I heard, the shot usually completely eliminates your menstrual cycle altogether. Some women don't like this because they don't have their normal schedule to know all is well, and they think it's weird. YMMV, I'm not a woman.

I've heard differing opinions on the patch. Most of the women I know on the patch said it burned for the first few days, but after that, it was wonderful -- and it didnt come off in the shower, while swimming, during hot sex, etc. [Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 13:14      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Any recommendations for chemical birth control? I'm thinking the ease of the patch or the shot would be nice. I'm horrible at taking pills, and on my schedule, even if I remembered, I wouldn't be able to take them at the same time every day.

Oh right. And I'm on Wellbutrin XL, which is contraindicated for some kinds of birth control, but I forget which. I don't really want to give up the Wellbutrin 'cause it's done wonders for me, but Jonathan and I don't want to have children for another two or three years.

Rhonwyyn, hear the voice of the master of obvious: that's what pharmacists are for. Asking one will give you a much better answer that asking us. (Unless there is a pharmacist around?) And I trust it's the same in the US as in Canada, and they are professionnals who take an oath to professionnal secrecy. Just make sure the one you talk to has a valid diploma! [crazy]

(Or a doctor. You'll probably want to see a gynecologist beforehand anyway.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:17      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn: shouldn't you use the 'rhythm' method? Or am I getting confused with another religion?
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:19      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pharmacists haven't been much help in my experience... they're just their to dispense medication, not give advice, but maybe that differs according to where you live.

In any case, I do have an appointment with the doctor who prescribed the Wellbutrin next week. I'm finally undergoing that wonderful test that all women are supposed to get at age 18 or when starting sexual activity. I'll talk with her then about birth control, but I figured it'd be good to gather information before going in so I can at least have some idea of what's what beforehand. (I.E., I won't spend the appointment going "Huh? Eww. It does WHAT?!" [Razz] )

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
Rhonwyyn: shouldn't you use the 'rhythm' method? Or am I getting confused with another religion?

I'm Mennonite, Max, not Catholic or Amish. [Wink]

And besides which, neither Jonathan nor I trust ourselves to abstain from sex completely during the 8-10 day window when I'm most able to get pregnant. [Razz]

--------------------

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:40      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Pharmacists haven't been much help in my experience... they're just their to dispense medication, not give advice, but maybe that differs according to where you live.

Technically, that's correct. In practice, the "conscience clause" issue keeps popping up. Apparently, the APhA thinks it's acceptable to refuse to dispense certain medications (including, but not limited to, birth control) because it conflicts with your religious or moral beliefs.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonnie:
I sent a p/m overview of hormonal birth control options, but I forgot to add that hormonal birth control shouldn't be used if you smoke or have a history of blood clots.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 14:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That and bodies sometimes play tricks on you.

And Rhonnie, just an FYI, do not react with anything other than delight the first time he disrobes. Trust me. No amount of education is going to fully prepare you, and nothing will ever unruffle his feathers if you aren't in ectasies over the sight . I know I don't know Jonathan, but boy parts are weird, and boys are weird about their parts. A few good compliments will go a long way in this department, even if he is secure about his manhood, and that just makes everything about sex easier.

And if you must say something about size, stay away from any comments that could be construed as small. That is also a bad bad scene.

Please file that away. I wish I had had that advice once. It would have made certain aspects of my first relationship go so much smoother. They really don't get over it, and if he's got any tedency towards insecurity he will hold your initial reaction against you forever.

It goes the other way too, guys. Being naked in front of someone is a very vulnerable position. Treat each other with care. The joy in sex is a mental game.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 15:06      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine - wise words, very wise words. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 13, 2006 15:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanth, thanks for the advice! I will definitely keep it tucked away for later.

It's weird, but I've seen naked men (like my dad and my uncle and infants whose diapers I was changing) and was totally disgusted by them (the adults, that is); however, the more I love Jonathan, the more I want to see him--all of him--and I'm actually looking forward to our wedding night, not dreading it. I mean, I've always throught fellatio was thoroughly disgusting, but here of late I've found myself wanting to do it.

I never realized how much loving someone can change your perspective on things, and that's without him trying to convince me to change my mind! [crazy]

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 15:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but love him or not, boy parts get even weirder when the boy is excited.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 15:41      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, but love him or not, boy parts get even weirder when the boy is excited.

Well, at least by that point they're not saggy and wrinkly! [Razz]

Someone told me once to think about an erection like a popsicle. [Confused]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 17:20      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's a virgin too, don't expect too much the first time. A lot of guys do get nervous, and either get too excited or overthink what they are about to do and lose their erection the first time. I'd say just be understanding and reassuring and try not to show disappointment, and don't take it to heart or think there is something wrong with you if it happens. If you are on a hormonal method of birth control, you can at least avoid condoms complicating that further.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 17:31      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... our benevolent dictators should gather all this info and publish a new book--complete with illustrations! We could call it "A Geek's Guide to Great Sex: Everything you've wanted to know but were afraid to ask your mom" or something like that. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 20:21      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/QUOTE]Bingo.

#2: Having a child and/or sex *does not* change a woman's 'tightness'. Not even remotely. For one thing, researchers have been trying for years to create anything with the elasticity and resilience of a woman's vagina. To date, they haven't come close. Nothing can retract like they do, and then return to such a small size. Stories about girls being 'loose' is more a play on words from years ago, and not a physical description. It's actually found from what I recall, a woman's tightness can actually have more to do with two things: A) how often she exercises those muscles (kegals, sex, masturbation), and B) her weight. Apparently overweight womens bodies exert more pressure on their nether regions, and thereby cause the muscles to lose some of their strength.

[/QB][/QUOTE]
Okay, I have DEFINATLY noticed changes in tightness. Especially my friend. My friend was a pretty heavy masturbator [crazy] and she was um.... well, she didn;t try to hard to make things fit, u know what I mean. Like, her areas were at the least
'welcoming'.
She hasn't been masturbating for about a year and a half, and hasn't had sex since June. Now, even tampons are painful.
What does that say ?

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 20:30      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That says she needs to relax while inserting tampons.

I would say more but that would be crossing way over the TMI line.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 21:18      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That says she needs to relax while inserting tampons.

I would say more but that would be crossing way over the TMI line.

I do believe we've already passed that point.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture