homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » arent we all looking for love??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: arent we all looking for love??
tree
Newbie Larva
Member # 4471

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted October 11, 2005 14:41      Profile for tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am fed up with dumbing down, and spending my weekends talking sh*te! Looking for someone to watch all six episodes of star wars with me when the box set comes out! Conversation not necessary, just a mutual interest in films and comedy. Marx brothers is good, woody allen absolutely necessary, rudy rucker a possibility, having a good laugh at dan brown's novels and the occasional most haunted waiting for derek to steal yvettes car! Get in touch if you hear me!

--------------------
tree

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 15:14      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and Welcome!

Personally, I spend more time looking for lunch. You may want to describe yourself in more detail if you want folk to get to know you here - esp. your preference for boys/girls/livestock, etc. They don't bite... much. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
tree
Newbie Larva
Member # 4471

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 15:25      Profile for tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
arse is perched on pink fluffy stool. Not my taste but a seat is a seat. Absolutely into men, red head, curvy but no more than a size 16 at a push. Told i am beautiful but if james blunt is any judge then i dont want any part of that. Am hoping this internet thing catches on, have just been introduced to the wonder of broadband!!! love me food, however boradband seems to mean no cheese sandwich while waiting for computer to do stuff. Will be size 14 in a few weeks.
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 15:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tree:
Absolutely into men, red head, curvy but no more than a size 16 at a push.

Well, I don't know any curvy, red-headed, size 16 blokes here, but you never know - good luck. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
tree
Newbie Larva
Member # 4471

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted October 11, 2005 15:39      Profile for tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love your pic, did i meet you at glastonbury once? Im sure i have a photo of you. Not particularly red headed men, or size 16 however willing to lend clothes! Cant beleive i spelt broadband wrong, and im paid to type. Oh well that would be the vodka!

--------------------
tree

The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 11, 2005 17:24      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am surely not looking for love. I already found it.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 20:41      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope, I gave up ages ago after realising it was completely futile.

Falling in love requires a delusion that perfection can exist in an imperfect universe.

Being attracted to people is for those with unrealisticly high expections of life.

I try to avoid both of them.

Posts: 42 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 21:14      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there are a lot of "Snow White" wannabes out there. Careful! Usually they're beautiful landmines.

As for the men, well, they typically search for "love" only as a euphemism...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2005 09:04      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by serishema:
nope, I gave up ages ago after realising it was completely futile.

Falling in love requires a delusion that perfection can exist in an imperfect universe.

Being attracted to people is for those with unrealisticly high expections of life.

Now that is very untrue. Love is neither a delusion nor does it have to deal with perfection. I also never had unrealistically high expectations of life either. She just compliments me very well, and we have a ton in common. It is just very hard to explain, but until you do find it, you will probably not understand.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2005 13:59      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I gave up ages ago after realising it was completely futile. Falling in love requires a delusion that perfection can exist in an imperfect universe.
Whilst giving up looking for love is often the best way to find it.... real love does not involve delusions of perfection, just acceptance of someone's flaws and weaknesses. Hell, if they are prepared to accept yours, it's the least you can do [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture