homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Looking for my geek (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Looking for my geek
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 07:58      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently on a search for the geek of my dreams. Please help me find the man of my dreams.

I am only a semi-geek girl. mostly spend time on the computer for e mail, chat and my digital photography.
but willing to take a great interest in anything i am exposed to

Posts: 8 | From: michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 08:32      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Ahem*

Pics.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted June 02, 2005 09:31      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geeklover:
willing to take a great interest in anything i am exposed to

Oh! the bad jokes possibilities for guttered minds...

(Bad action of the day? Check!)

Hum... Hello, geeklover. May I suggest you take a look around, participate in the discussion, and see if any of the male specimen of this assembly fits your taste? There's coffee somewhere, lot of sitting place around (you may like that place by the fire), and the cosmic bong haven't been seen around for a while - hey people! It's time for a little clean up, I guess!

Anyway, enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 09:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 10:11      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pics
http://photos.soulcapture.com/album03

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 11:17      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
 -

Oh, you handsome devil!
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 11:24      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, at my old job.....I got fired right after this pic was taken:

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2005 16:37      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking the way you look, just walk up to a potential guy friend and say "Hi." He'll respond if he's sentient. if he doesn't, then you have lost nil.

You'll have zilch problems.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 04:18      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I would love to meet geeks and walk up to them to ask them out but i do not frequent those places where geeks tend to hang out at. I am a photographer.... I am at weddings, working with seniors for pictures, working with art models, and the worst of all working with firefighters.
I could have a firefighter if i wanted but contrary to everyone's beliefs they are real jerks.

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 04:24      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...I could have a firefighter if i wanted but contrary to everyone's beliefs they are real jerks.

But they do have big hoses [Wink]
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 04:32      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i think they are all just compensating
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 05:00      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay away from firemen, paramedics, law enforcement, and truck drivers. They all have issues with substance abuse and infidelity.

I guess truly it depends on what kind of geek you are looking for. I define geek as someone who has an overwhelming interest in one particular field or area, so much that they know every detail about it and it defines who they are.

Good luck in your search. I finally found mine, though it wasn't easy.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 05:17      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello geeklover,

I can't tell you anything about where to find a geek guy except try computer, comic or gaming shops.

But why don't you come out of this thread and join us in some inane banter. Hang out and have some fun.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 05:31      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I have just been attracted to the kind of geeks I was in computer science with.
I took computer science in High school (it was either that or a typing class)
I was the only female in the whole class.
I remember the few guys who did sit by me.. they were not real geeks, just dorks. But there was this group of three guys that always sat together. Within the first few days they had done all the programming for the entire year. They never talked to anyone but each other. I remember being stuck on something so instead of going to the teacher i went to them for help. They did not look up from their monitors at all because they were shy, but they did explain what i was doing wrong, Even though they did make me feel like i was a complete idiot ...
I remember seeing them handsome in their own way. I wanted to get to know them.
I got a chance to be a part of a geek group a few years back.
I worked for billing in an internet company and I used to hang out with some of the programmers there. they were 5 of the most unusual people i had ever met but i just found them attractive... unfortunatly three of them had met other "geek" girls and one moved away. The other one I dated but he was the one who turned less geek and more firefighter .. he was the one who sucked me into the black hole of jerks at the fire department. It did not work out.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 05:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The occupation with the highest instance of spousal abuse: police officers.

I'll leave it at that.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 07:25      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I would love to meet geeks and walk up to them to ask them out but i do not frequent those places where geeks tend to hang out at. I am a photographer.... I am at weddings, working with seniors for pictures, working with art models, and the worst of all working with firefighters.

A photographer, and you can't find a geek? What about looking in the dark room? Look to the technical side of a profession to find geeks, not in the spotlights!

You could also look into joining some photo user groups (or whatever you call that) to exchange tricks and tips. This way, not only you have an easy topic to start a conversation with the guys you like, but you may increase your skills too!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 17:06      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geeklover_______Well I went to your album site and came to the conclusion that you are far too young for me, (damn) you do look quite attractive and I wish you well in what ever quest you go on..

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2005 19:00      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too find most geeks very handsome. I'm a writer and photographer so I love to study people's faces, but most find it disquieting that I just stare instead of shyly blushing and looking away like they do, it's worse if I explain too, then they feel like they have to perform. I would suggest staying away from comic stores though. I work at one and am fully aware that the guys who shop there would rather run ten feet than talk to a girl, and that's saying a lot for this variety of geeks, at least in my neck of the woods.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eric
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2005 01:15      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
he was the one who sucked me into the black hole of jerks at the fire department.

Speaking of black holes, I have noticed that firefighters tend to have a high gravitational effect on women. Bad for the rest of us.

Hi geeklover. I looked at your website... you have some nice work. Do you have your own studio then, or are you more of a freelancer? Did you have any formal training?

Oh, and I'm a geek guy looking for love [Wink]

Posts: 10 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2005 05:07      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had a high school class on photography.. Did not go to formal college classes for it because it was pointless... I just picked up books and studied.. I still am studying things like lighting and so on. I own my own company soulcapture photography. I do not have a professional studio but have been able to create one in a pinch. I tend to stray from studio with amature models. They are not relaxed in that setting and tend to give off rough looks. I am more into photo journalism. I do a lot of newspaper shots for the firedepartments and my city.
Weddings are not my strong point but that is how i make the money [Smile]

Eric
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2005 10:04      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool. I have some friends that do some photography as a hobby. They submit it to istockphoto and places like that...makes a few extra bucks.

So, what are some of your other interests...movies, music, games, books, etc? I listen to all kinds of stuff--mainly alternative / rock / punk. Lately I've been listening to Ben Folds, Louis XIV, Sleater-Kinney, White Stripes, more....

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2005 04:19      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
A photographer, and you can't find a geek? What about looking in the dark room? Look to the technical side of a profession to find geeks, not in the spotlights!

You could also look into joining some photo user groups (or whatever you call that) to exchange tricks and tips. This way, not only you have an easy topic to start a conversation with the guys you like, but you may increase your skills too!

I'll second that. I'm a photographically inclined geek myself, and the IT company that I work for has at least another 4-5 guys at a similar level of enthusiasm for photography, out of only about 20-30 people.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
geeklover
Newbie Larva
Member # 3989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 07:00      Profile for geeklover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... other interests. I would have to say first i love gardening and landscape, then Other forms of handmade art. I dabble in pottery, woodcraft, copperwork, painting, sewing. I am really fond of making costumes and have fashioned Renaissance costumes for over 60 friends. I listen to any type of music but i am fond of alternative. I do other things like decorating (mostly other people's homes on their dollar) .... I help plan weddings.. I am mainly the go to person of my town for anything having to do with party planning and preparation.
I drive a jeep and do mild off roading. (Mainly play in the mud)
I am a Mac Person. I have a G4 and a G5 .. I have two of the older I-books also but one i have been using for parts because it died on me from over use and a bad OS X install.
anything I am leaving out. ??
anything anyone else want to know??

KingVance
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4051

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 09:08      Profile for KingVance   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would probably step up to the plate and give it a shot if you didnt live in MICHIGAN.

Sorry love, but I like it in the south, next to the beach, where the sun shines and it is plenty warm.

I used to love the cold, then I realized exactly how bad it sucked after going up to Rochester NY in November for two days and freezing my ass off and asking myself, "How do you people live like this?"

At any rate, you cant play baseball in the cold.

Posts: 19 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eric
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 21:38      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Ren fairs in your area? That might a good place to meet geek guys. Plus, costuming offers some interesting pickup lines... "Hi, can I take your measurements?" [Razz]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture