homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » Friday night alone (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Friday night alone
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2004 20:33      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, having just been stood up, I would like to know who else spent Friday night alone, and how one made the excruciating time pass. I watched Reservoir Dogs, not an entirely bad way to spend the evening, but I would rather have been on a date.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beth
Mini Geek
Member # 2512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2004 21:00      Profile for Beth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend and I had plans, until he called me just as I was heading out the door to pick him up. One of his much cooler, much more fun, much more sophisticated friends from his college invited him to a party, and he was going. Didn't ask if I wanted to go, just said "Sorry! I'll make it up to you, have a good night!"

[Mad]

What a jerk. I went to the library and perused the pathetic excuse for a sci-fi section, hoping (in vain) to find something new and exciting. Read half of a rather bad book, went and rented some dvd's and came home. However, now I don't want to watch any of them! Zuuuut. Not even my favouritest comfort movie (The Bourne Identity. Yes. I don't know why.)

I just hate that. Grr.

--------------------
"What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'...cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Posts: 88 | From: Winterpeg, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2004 21:12      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I held a lan party. Good fun.
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2004 21:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spend every Friday night alone. [Razz]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2004 23:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

-

Kerry says: And what am I, chopped liver!?

Mmmmmmm, chopped liver.....*gurgle*

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2004 05:02      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

as do I. Clubbing, the number one hobby for the rest of my college, is far too cool for me. If only I could find some nice relaxed bars (and geekettes) around Leeds...
Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dr Psyclops
Geek
Member # 2440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2004 11:39      Profile for Dr Psyclops         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent friday night all alone reading about Sierra Leone, Somalia, the Sudan, etc. First time i've read "blanket of maggots" in a sentence.

--------------------
Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home, everyone is glad I am there.
-Robert L. Humphrey

Posts: 132 | From: Escaped into the waves... | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2004 12:33      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was supposed to spend some time with a friend of mine but she didn't get home until late. So instead I went to a friends house and we invited some more friends over and had a lil get together. Then the next morning I had breakfast with my friend whom I so missed the night before and took her to rehersal. So, the apogee of the day has already been hit. [Razz]

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2004 14:51      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called the stander upper on my lunch break today and didn't get so much as an excuse or an apology. He's not my boyfriend, I'm not actually sure what he is. That was what I wanted to find out last night and I suppose that is why I was so upset. See, the original plans were for me to go over there for probably the whole night because, as he said, "... my mom won't be home, she's spending the night in Bozeman." Now, what does that imply?

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2004 18:20      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went from college, where every night was a party, to re-dating a girl I knew in high school, to getting engaged to her and then married. I haven't had a Friday night that had the potential to be interesting since 1982. Don't bemoan getting stood up. Next time, go out and make the night your own.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 03:44      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to BestBuy with the guys that live in the apartment upstairs to pick up some wireless gear that I had ordered. Then I hung out with them for a while drinking a few beers and showing them how to do important computer things like set up Yahoo IM accounts and make their microphone work. Then I came home and spent until the not-so-wee hours of Saturday morning on IRC. Exciting, huh? [Razz]

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1150 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 08:58      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went down to the Junior Common Room with some friends. We played pool for a while (or rather, they did, I watched), and just hung out and talked and watched bad TV. At about midnight we decided to walk for twenty minutes to visit Miss Millie's, the local fried chicken place, to get some food and visit our friend Chris, who works there. We all ran in shouting "HEY, Chris!"... luckily his boss is a very nice lady who doesn't mind scraggy students as long as they bring business in [Razz]
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 10:55      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zim'et:
See, the original plans were for me to go over there for probably the whole night because, as he said, "... my mom won't be home, she's spending the night in Bozeman." Now, what does that imply?

That's one of many reasons why I have my own apartment. No need for implying anything… it's always clear. [Wink]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mercury_Blue
Geek
Member # 2322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 20:39      Profile for Mercury_Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also spend most Friday nights alone. Spending them with people in RL is a crazy, special thing for me. A few weeks ago my geek sensei and a few of his and my friends went to his shed (he lives in a shed in his parents' backyard) and sat there for a while, then we ate chinese food, and went to a bookstore...and looked at programming books, where they taught me the evils of C# and .net
My life is pretty crazy...lol

Posts: 215 | From: Radioactive Wastland of Tzi-lak | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
somnabulist
Geek
Member # 2403

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2004 21:20      Profile for somnabulist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work from 5-10 [Frown]
Posts: 109 | From: in the chair | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 01:51      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday, school during the day and a friend over to LAN at night... Most of my fridays last semester were late nights at the Uni w/ friends in a tucked away room of the engineering building. Typically a pizza, but sometimes some other type of food that can be found within a block radius of school.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 02:47      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:

as do I. Clubbing, the number one hobby for the rest of my college, is far too cool for me. If only I could find some nice relaxed bars (and geekettes) around Leeds...
I was always lead to believe that Leeds was a happening kinda place (especially if you enjoy getting kicked unconscious by yobbish football players). But seriously - there's always Sheffield, isn't there? Nightclubs in my town tend to be neon-lit, alcopop-fueled, knife-wielding, teen gropefests - and one day I may get found out! [Razz]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted February 02, 2004 05:09      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!! Don't knock Leeds-that's where I'll be living eventually!

It's not THAT bad, is it??

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 07:31      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're gonna be living in Leeds, snupes??? Cool! That's only ten minutes drive away from me [Big Grin]

And Leeds is awesome... if you happen to like Northerners [Smile]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 07:34      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in for the Friday night at home club. It's one of the reasons why I learned to knit (see knitting thread). If I'm going to turn into a crazy old single lady with cats, I might as well go all the way.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 07:49      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
...If I'm going to turn into a crazy old single lady with cats, I might as well go all the way.

If ladies have cats, what do chaps have? (Besides pr0n, that is... apparently. [Wink] )
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 07:54      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think pr0n is the male equivalent. But that's not to say crazy old ladies can't have that too.

LOL...

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 08:03      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think pr0n is the male equivalent. But that's not to say crazy old ladies can't have that too.

The goggles .. they do nothing! [Eek!]

Bad mental image...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 08:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

The goggles .. they do nothing! [Eek!]

Bad mental image...

Hm... maybe crazy old ladies and pr0n could be a new type of pr0n in itself...? [Razz]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2004 15:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
You're gonna be living in Leeds, snupes??? Cool! That's only ten minutes drive away from me [Big Grin]

And Leeds is awesome... if you happen to like
Northerners [Smile]

Well, when I was there, the Northerners were great-soo nice!(BTW-We went on holiday and were actually only in Leeds on Jan 5th, when you were back at

But, yeah, that's where I'll be living. [Smile]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture