homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » satan seeks god (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: satan seeks god
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 13:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
There's a book ?

There's three, actually. Plus a couple prequels. They were published when you were young. [evil] [Razz]
Billy Shakespeare wrote LOTR ?

(actually, it's a while since I read the books, but my memory of the incident in question doesn't have Eowyn do the deed, but one of the hobbits, Merry or Pippin)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10705 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 13:57      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
???
Are you fscking immortal or something? Or just undead?

Merry was also involved. He stabs the Witch King in the knee. Eowyn then kills the undead bastard.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 22:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
What part of 'this thread is dead' is hard to comprehend?

/me takes out a broadsword, and chops off the head of this thread...playing the "I am immortal, there can be none before me" theme in his head (by Queen, as I have learned, though I've yet to acquire said MP3).

*clears throat*

That would be:

I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival, no man can be my equal
Take me to the future of your world.
</Queen fanatic>

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 22:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
???

Probably just Dunedain blood [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 22:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, csk. Alas, I was aware of the fact that I was off by a bit, but didn't feel like Googling, and well, I think I've gotten used to people not reading my posts...so it didn't trouble me much. Accuracy is good, though [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 22:57      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
???

Probably just Dunedain blood [Wink]
Hehe.
But I won't bow to this Ranger from a ragged house long bereft of lordship. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 03:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
???

Well, a long time ago, on my birthday, I found this ring......

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 16:40      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care if this thread is dying or not.

I just wanted to say that I think that all the contributing members to this thread have acted great. Supportin' and lovin' each other. Like it was meant to be.

I love you all.

[Smile]

Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 18:49      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thread jackers

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 10:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, this board is infested with them. Get over it. [Razz]
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 10:50      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread jacking is like sooo last year.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted January 03, 2004 22:50      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kettle:
Legolas taking down the Onophont single handed is by far the best.

I thought it was an Oliphont...

/me goes and runs to get Two Towers, to read part where Sam and Frodo first meet Faramir... laa laa laa....

(a short time passes)

Two Towers, Book IV, last section of Chapter 4

" Sam drew a deep breath. 'An Oliphaunt it was' he said. 'So there are Oliphaunts, and I have seen one. What a life! But no one at home will ever believe me. Well, if that's over I'll have a bit of sleep.'"

So we were both wrong.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kettle
Geek
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 04:15      Profile for Kettle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh! *shrugs*

I am starting to read LOTR now because after seeing the films it makes me wonder how that can possibly be put into words.

And that was still the coolest part, aswell as the fall of the Witch King. Go Pippin (or Merry? [Confused] )!

--------------------
Web Comic
Kesou Online Comic/Manga
80% fini.

Posts: 233 | From: Bottom of Little Island called Britain | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kettle
Geek
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 04:20      Profile for Kettle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, deffinatly Merry.

/me just checked my ROTK book.

and i suppose Eowyn did contribute alittle...

--------------------
Web Comic
Kesou Online Comic/Manga
80% fini.

Posts: 233 | From: Bottom of Little Island called Britain | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 05:27      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Meh! *shrugs*

I am starting to read LOTR now because after seeing the films it makes me wonder how that can possibly be put into words.

And that was still the coolest part, aswell as the fall of the Witch King. Go Pippin (or Merry? [Confused] )!

wouldnt it be better to read the book before seeing the movies, so you can act all snobby and point out the inconsistencies and eowyn played a bigger part in killing the witch king than merry did, he just assisted her

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 08:15      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no god, no satan
[Smile]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 08:17      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Elvis, Beatles or The Rolling Stones... [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 08:19      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
No Elvis, Beatles or The Rolling Stones... [Wink]

yay!!!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 11 posted January 04, 2004 11:33      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, deffinatly Merry.

HEY!

Hello, Eowyn killed the Witch King and Merry helped. No man, not even a man-hobbit could kill the Witch King. Sheesh, the only female character in the whole book (note Arwen comes in only in the end in the books, as a side-note, really) who does what no man can do and you minimalize her contribution?

/me is a big fan of Eowyn as a character -- I have been since the first time I heard the book in the mid-1970's (my Dad read them). [shake head]

Jess

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 13:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
quote:
Yes, deffinatly Merry.

HEY!

Hello, Eowyn killed the Witch King and Merry helped. No man, not even a man-hobbit could kill the Witch King. Sheesh, the only female character in the whole book (note Arwen comes in only in the end in the books, as a side-note, really) who does what no man can do and you minimalize her contribution?

That section is very 'MacBeth' (No man born of woman.....).

My (faulty) memory of the event was that it was Merry with his barrow-sword who did the witch-king in, that would make more sense than relying on twisting the wording of his invulnerability.

Don't forget, all the other races use 'men' as the name of our species.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 15:18      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

My (faulty) memory of the event was that it was Merry with his barrow-sword who did the witch-king in, that would make more sense than relying on twisting the wording of his invulnerability.

I don't think your memory is as faulty as you think. I reread ROTK before seeing the third movie, and it's mentioned that no ordinary sword could wound the witch-king as much as Merry's barrow-sword could. The fact that Eowyn could get away with it because she was a woman is in there, too.

What a great finale ROTK was as a movie, btw (finally got to see it on Friday night). Think I'll go and see it again a few more times [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 15:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
quote:
Yes, deffinatly Merry.

HEY!

Jess, Kettle is a guy... [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 19:30      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Women of Middle-Earth:

1. Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
2. Goldberry
3. Galadriel
4. Eowyn
5. Arwen
6. (give or take) Shelob

This topic has been brought up quite a bit among my circle of friends. By the way, who was everyone's favorite book and movie characters? My favorite character in the movies, Haldir, wasn't in the books; and my favorite character in the books, Tom Bombadil, wasn't in the movies.(side-note: yes, I just liked Haldir because he was pretty.)

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 19:36      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7. Rosie Cotton

[Smile]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 20:14      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
book character would definitely be Tom Bombadil.

i thought Sam was really good in the movies, and the i thought the one liners gimli has in Two Towers and ROTK are kinda funny.
"What do trees have to talk about but the consistency of squirrel droppings?"

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture