homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » To All The Chips I Loved - 14/15 Feb 19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To All The Chips I Loved - 14/15 Feb 19
romad
Mini Geek
Member # 36425

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2019 11:16      Profile for romad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Joy Poll, I selected Mac, but only because you didn't list my REAL choice: Apple IIc!
Posts: 51 | From: Oroville, California People's Republic | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2019 12:25      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was the Coleco Adam. What a pile of junk that thing was, lol.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1756 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2019 16:16      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, I lied. I actually fell in love with the TRS-80s at school before my dad brought home an Adam.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1756 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 15, 2019 17:03      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
romad: damn, I knew I should have included pre-Mac Apple! [Razz]

My first love... Macintosh SE. Still have her!

Posts: 8161 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SSteve
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 50416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2019 00:48      Profile for SSteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First was my dad’s slide rule that my fifth grade math teacher taught me the basics of in 1973. First electronic computer was a Commodore PET. 4k RAM and built-in Datasette. I still have the slide rule.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2019 16:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent 2 weeks of my very meager wage on a HP 41C when I was 19.
Ah, that was true love!
After several months we'd done all we could together by conventional means, so we got into 'synthetic programming' (nudge nudge wink wink).
The years were not kind to my first love, there was a fatal battery leakage incident, but I still have an emulator app on my phone.

Posts: 10700 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture