homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » 4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
romad
Geek Apprentice
Member # 36425

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2018 13:12      Profile for romad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it wasn't the HOLES that were filled, it was the (Royal) Albert Hall!

Trivia time: the holes referred to in the the song were potholes! John Lennon had read about them in a newspaper article.

Posts: 48 | From: Oroville, California People's Republic | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 06, 2018 15:45      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg they are *still* not filled? After all that counting?
[Cool]

Posts: 8147 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2018 08:01      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to live near Blackburn, and trust me, fifty years later and not only have they maintained those four thousand holes, they've added plenty more!

Not that I'm still bitter about blowing a tyre in a pothole at 4am coming home from a shift in Blackburn a couple of years ago!

Posts: 1147 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture