homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Age Of Trivia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Age Of Trivia
DerekCurrie
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29769

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted September 23, 2015 12:35      Profile for DerekCurrie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Code for living' illustrates what I call the Age of Trivia. It is human behavior whereby we ignore the single most crucial problem of the age, that being survival of miracle planet Earth, our only home, in favor of worthless trivial pursuits. I can narrow down the human problem specifically to the largest root cause: Overpopulation, the single subject mankind refuses to discuss and yet is its greatest source of problems. Sorry to bum people out, but there it is.

However, I have to point out that, considering the unrelenting human self-destructive imperative and our inability as individuals to halt it, the single greatest positive action I know of in response is to encourage and teach creativity. And in our current age, what creative endeavor is more enabling than coding?

Therefore, the comic is not exactly the poster child for our dilemma, IMHO. Creativity is sanity while the masses strive for otherwise. Encourage and enable positive creativity!

Now out of the pool children and dry off! Class dismissed. [Wink]

--------------------
Fortune Magazine 11-29-05: What's your computer setup today?
Frederick Brooks (Author of 'The Mythical Man Month'): I happily use a Macintosh. It's not been equalled for ease of use, and I want my computer to be a tool, not a challenge.

Posts: 12 | From: Syracuse, NY | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2015 21:07      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting for my wife to come sit down and watch a show on Netflix, when I saw the ad for Cowspiracy. That's not a movie I would have normally clicked on, but I thought I'd watch a few minutes of it for laughs while waiting on her. She arrived quickly, but we kept watching it to the end.

The conclusion: we're vastly overpopulated.

The solution? I shudder to think of it. With the Georgia Guidestones out there, you gotta wonder if there is some plan for this, somewhere. If you haven't heard of them, google them. Look them up. The story of how they came to be is mysterious. Their message? Chilling.

Shooshie

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture