homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Enjoying Archives

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Enjoying Archives
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2015 16:22      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place has been so vacant, even the crickets have left; presumably to go to Burning Man.

So, I've been looking through some archives. Came across this one: Taylor Swift Saves Apple's Image

That's one of my favorites of all time. Partly because I thought of it (or one kinda like it) back in 1984. It occurred to me then that Apple might one day be in IBM's position as the double-big-company on the block, and that it might require another hammer thrower if/when that happens. I think it was starting to look like that, and you guys captured it perfectly. Great catch! (Don't forget to look at the original, whose link is down at the bottom.)

Shooshie

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2015 09:22      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually come by daily and poke around. Look for new comics. Things like that.

But between work and IRL things, I don't spend nearly the time I did on message board unless I am working on something specific.

It is really nice to see familiar names pop up from time to time though.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 16, 2015 11:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Shoosie!

Shrrooooom!

It is great to see familiar names drop by! [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2015 18:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too pop by to check on the comics, and to see whats going on.
I just don't usually have a great deal of special interest to others to post most of the time...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture