homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » RIM TIms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIM TIms
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 26, 2011 04:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, there's a Tim Hortons in the RIM comic, just like across from the actual RIM building.

Mind you, it's just one of the small gas station ones, but still.

http://tinyurl.com/RIMTims

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 07:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...I thought that said "RIP Tims," and I was a little crestfallen.

Mmm...Tims...

(And hey, those small ones aren't too shabby - one of those kinda gave me a little extra 'fuel' on my way out of Quebec. [Smile] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 10:00      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw that and thought maybe Tims was having another Rrrrroll Up the Rim contest.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 27, 2011 03:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rrrrrol up the Rim IS on now, I'm about 2/10, (free coffees)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 06, 2011 03:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha Ha! I heard from someone who used to work at that building. ...

--------------

I like the comic on RIM. Very nice. It’s almost like you have been in that office…the exceptional detail of the Tim Horton’s across the street. Whoever at RIM Technical support that is responsible for this is a wise and brave individual. Definitely captured the essence of these folks.

....The building is the first tech support building RP5, The office is on the second floor. The irony of course is that the only time either Jim B or Mike L have ever set foot in this building was on the day it opened in 2001.

For those of us who really know the inside story the funniest line was “Hold on, our lawyer says”. Nothing after those 5 words mattered, you could have ended the strip with “…” and it would have been just as funny.

Cheers

--------------

(editor's note: nobody at RIM leaked us a photo, I just used Google Street view to get an idea of what was across the street. [Big Grin] )

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture