homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » The Talking Techno Babes Return!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Talking Techno Babes Return!
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2010 02:55      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, it's great to see the TTB's back. And I think they nailed the answer. We're so lucky they hang out at Steve Jobs' place so that they could witness this actual event and report it to us in your picto-blog. But poor Facebook guy. Oh yeah… Zuckerberg, or whatever his name is; everyone is looking for soundbites from him, but he's just a kid who dropped out of college. Does having a few billion bucks make a profound statement out of nonsense like "the iPad is not a mobile device?" Of course not. He's a kid caught saying something so stupid that there's a few beats of silence while everyone tries to understand if he just said something interesting. The billions suspend their disbelief for a few moments and he's on to another topic before they can recover enough to ask him why the hell he said that. Now we get to chew on it and wonder why we listen to children just because they have a few billion.

Thank goodness for the TTB's. They turned his blooper into something more interesting. That means "anything the TTB's say is more interesting than Zukerburg, because they're the TTB's, and he's not."

Shooshie

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2010 04:41      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TTBs explain the unexplainable" should be a regular feature. What tech questions worry you? Which of the Deeper Mysteries of the Internet haunt your dreams? How are memes born? What will happen to my FaceBook profile after my death? Lolcats - why? What is a life, and where can I get one? The TTBs' answers and their tinkling silvery voices will soothe your worries away. Mogodon for the soul.

Ask your questions here and then maybe we can persuade Snaggy and Nitrozac to summon the TTBs from the very bowels of the Internet to answer them.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 05, 2010 05:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that, Callipygous!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2010 08:57      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 3rd, 4th, 5th, …, Nth that! Then I could quit thumbing through the After Y2K archives for that TTB action!

Or I could just get a life. But unless someone can get me hooked up at Pixar, the TTBs would be a lot geekier.

Shoosh

Posts: 119 | From: Texas to Nevada... depending. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 05, 2010 11:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! Heh, yeah, the TTBs made this comic a little easier to look at. [Razz]

"TTBs explain the unexplainable" should be a regular feature.

Cali, yep, that's the plan. [Smile] We have used them several times for the same kind of thing... Explaining a Recession:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/1062.html

Explaining the Halo Effect:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/301_999/708.html

It will be hard to top that Bubble Universe episode though. [Razz]
http://www.geekculture.com/geekycomics/Aftery2k/y2Karchives/225.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted November 05, 2010 14:26      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I STILL LOVE YOU, BAMBI!
Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shooshie
Geek
Member # 2205

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2010 01:42      Profile for Shooshie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
ThaIt will be hard to top that Bubble Universe episode though. [Razz]
http://www.geekculture.com/geekycomics/Aftery2k/y2Karchives/225.html

AAOOOOGA! AAOOOOGA!
[with zooming Tex Avery-style wolf eyes]

I could never forget the bubble universe.

Then again, here's another of my favorites. I don't think there was any pretext of explaining anything. It was just a lilly-pad pool with a view.
http://www.geekculture.com/geekycomics/Aftery2k/y2Karchives/365.html

Shooshie

Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 06, 2010 18:09            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People of all political persuasions support the Techno-Talking Babes! Bring them back more often! [Big Grin]
IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture