homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » 10 years of JoT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 years of JoT
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 16, 2010 10:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa. Where did the last 10 years go? [Eek!]

I just wanted to thank you all for the support and inspiration over the years, and especially to the SuperFans, who literally have kept the power on here at Geek Culture Headquarters.

You are all such good people, and it's been an honour and a privilege to host you here, and deal you out some pixels three times a week.

Cheers to you! [Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 13:01      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Props to N&S for bringing us many fun filled years of JoT. May it run long into the future!

*breaks out keg and taps it* PARTY TIME!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 13:31      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major league congratulations guys!

Maybe it's about time I changed my bookmark to the actual JoT page rather than the AY2K page [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 09:53      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, N&S! And thank you so much for allowing the likes of me to mooch those pixels for naught but the occasional Christmas card with a few bucks in it [blush]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 11:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on ten great years!

God I feel old now [ohwell]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted August 17, 2010 20:39      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started reading JoT just shy of five years ago, and I must say I'm pretty glad the comic keeps up its quality and charm as it did the first time I read it.

Congratulations!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 21:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Congratulations on ten great years!

God I feel old now [ohwell]

Yikes...I think this is around about the time I found AY2K _ten_ years ago. It took me awhile longer to start reading JoT...probably late 2000 or early 2001.

Well done, N+S!!!

/me retires to bed...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 21:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

If I'd known it was coming, I'd have baked a cake.

Oh, wait...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 17, 2010 22:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] WOW what a CAKE! [Eek!]

Thanks! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2010 17:46      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, man, now I want cake!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CW Smith
Geek Apprentice
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2010 12:28      Profile for CW Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Nitrozac and Snaggy!

Here's to the next 10 years!

--------------------
Peace,
CW

guitar, bass, percussion, Macintosh.
http://www.cwsmith.fm

Posts: 42 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
masternav
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10593

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted August 20, 2010 10:02      Profile for masternav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
N&S, I posted my congrats in my other thread asking about AY2K (try to not cross the streams when I can, but also want to add my congrats and profound thanks here as well - it's been a wonderful ten years! Thanks again for the creativity and dedication!!
[Applause]

Lewys

--------------------
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be" (thanks DA)

Posts: 4 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2010 12:11      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Whoa. Where did the last 10 years go? [Eek!]

Last week I found several of them hiding under my pillow. But not all 10, just several.

Congratulations and thanks to both of you, Nitro and Snaggy, as well as to the SuperFans who help pay the bills. May you all bring many more decades of "Joy" to the World.

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted August 24, 2010 10:19      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! 10 years! Can't really believe it. JoT is the best tech comic on the web!

Maybe you should celebrate with a new episode of AfterY2K! And bring back the Nitrozac Boot Squad! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2010 11:55      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agh! I MISSED the day!

Belated, but nonetheless very heartfelt congratulations to Nitrozac and Snaggy for 10 years, and here's to 10 more!

Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture