homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Confirmed: JOT Book cures back-to-work depression

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confirmed: JOT Book cures back-to-work depression
dj_ryan
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 15:18      Profile for dj_ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I just spent a great last week on vacation - I visited some great friends in (sunny!) Victoria and played more xbox than should be allowed/possible.

Unfortunately such a great time spells severe back-to-work depression when I arrived back to work on Monday.

Unknown to me, my friend bought me the JOT book from my Amazon wish list, and it arrived to my work cube midday. Presto changeo this instantly cured my depression.

I tip my hat to you N & S.

Regards,
-ryan

Posts: 10 | From: Seattle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 15:20      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see some of the contest n00bs sicking around [thumbsup]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 22, 2005 20:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, that is really nice of you to post that. [Happytears]

Awesome, thank you, that helped make our day less depressing too. [Smile]

oh, and be sure to thank your friend for us. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dj_ryan
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 22:43      Profile for dj_ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just so psyched about the comic and how it really lifted my mood, I just knew I had to let you guys know! I'll forward this post to my friend so she can know it's all good too!

I love the strip, I don't follow it on a daily/weekly basis, but whenever I read it, I catch up on all the strips, and I absolutely love the look of the strip, the concepts, the ideas, the personality carried through the comic. In risk of coming forth as a raving fan-loony I absolutely love you guys! Plus don't you live in Vancouver? I used to live there (and I will again!) and I love the city, and by extension anyone who lives there too :-)

*good karma*

I had to change my Avatar to the super-cute girl from your strip too!

Posts: 10 | From: Seattle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 08:48      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! That's great, I'm happy you enjoy the book! [Big Grin]
cotter
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3691

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted March 11, 2005 13:41      Profile for cotter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love those cartoons!
Posts: 2 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture