homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Joy of Tech/Geek Culture Cruise?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joy of Tech/Geek Culture Cruise?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 10, 2004 10:12      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks!

We are thinking about doing a Joy of Tech/Geek Culture Cruise that would coincide with MacMania III. That event takes place in the Eastern Caribbean, from November 7th to the 14th. That's the one with Woz and David Pogue on board too. [Big Grin]

What a fabulous way to meet and geek out with Nitrozac and I and hopefully a lot of the gang from GeekCulture.com, as well as ALL the other people on board!

Or hide in your cabin if you wish, that's cool with us too. [Razz]

So, we are just trying to gauge a response, since we'd want at least hmmm... 10-15 people perhaps?

So if you're interested and think you can make it... let me know!

[email protected]

and if you are going already, please hold off on booking for a little bit, as we'd love you part of our group, which would include a big bag of GeekCulture goodies. [Smile]

Ok thanks!

Posts: 8162 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 10, 2004 10:46      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given my predilection for meeting others on GC, combined with my global travel aspirations; if it's not shockingly expensive count me in! [Frown] but only a single cabin!
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 11 posted January 10, 2004 10:58      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Winter and I are saving up for a trip at the end of the year!

oh please, please, please be reasonable....

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 11:53      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to go, but i think the big question here is: How Much?

/me checks date book....I HAVE NOTHING PLANED [Big Grin]

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 11:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to go, but I took a look at the price. [Eek!] I know compared to some other things it isn't so bad, but right now I just can't afford a vacation that will cost over $2000, especially since I don't have paid vacation at work (yet). I'll take a look at the money situation and I hope I will be able to. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 12:14      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh. wow that is a lot for a cruise. i guess its because the $750 mac mania fee. still im interested. ill let you know in a couple of weeks.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 12:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see I'm thinking you wouldn't have to pay the Macmania fee if you didn't want to. You wouldn't be able to go to the macmania events, but you'd still be there, and Nitro and I would get a room (heh) and hold some kind of geekculture event. All this is still in the proto-development stage, btw. [Smile]
Posts: 8162 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 14:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I get to be Cap'n of the ship??

Can I wear my pirate suit??

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 14:58      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Can I wear my pirate suit??

No, it's be filed so many times by the RIAA that it's completely worn out [Wink]
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 16:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is just worn out in the crotch area.....from all those lap dances, I assume.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 00:57      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend Timber and I were already planning on going for MacMania... I don't know if he's booked us yet or not.

Barring acts of god or forces of nature, I'm there.

=DB

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 4 posted January 11, 2004 08:57      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
It is just worn out in the crotch area.....from all those lap dances, I assume.

"A lapdance is so much better when the stripper is crying"...

-Bloodhound Gang

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 11:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
oh. wow that is a lot for a cruise. i guess its because the $750 mac mania fee. still im interested. ill let you know in a couple of weeks.

Also keep in mind that I wasn't planning on going alone. Even without the Mac Mania fee it would still be a lot of money to me.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 15:12      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can barely afford to walk out my door. How about doing a virtual cruise like the virtual book signing? [Smile]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 13, 2004 04:22      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, fly to the US, get fingerprinted, most likely a strip search and then off on a cruise with other maniacs for a week.

Anyone want to lend me the money?

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2004 04:41      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
"A lapdance is so much better when the stripper is crying"...

Crying, bleeding, twitching, it's all good!

btw - a geek cruise? Wouldn't that mean, like, going outside?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2004 06:41      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

hey spungo ol' chum, they're not talking about that sort of cruising, capisce?

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2004 07:41      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

hey spungo ol' chum, they're not talking about that sort of cruising, capisce?
Oh, you mean in a sort of George Michael funky-urinal kinda way? Hell, I can just go down the docks for that.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2004 12:06      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had money like water, sure I'd be in. But I can't seem to get those lottery numbers right. [Razz]
Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture