homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Apple's Amazing Instant Nano iPods!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apple's Amazing Instant Nano iPods!
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 10 posted January 05, 2004 01:28      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

This one is funny. Nano iPods! While everyone was guessing about the size of the new ‚miniPods’, you totally guessed it right! Nano sized form factor. Magnificent. This way I can always have one (or more) iPod with me.

Yay!

Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 04:35      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy: Utter genius!!
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 05, 2004 08:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks folks! :-)

Yep it was a fun one to do... I could barely pry Nitro's hands off the animations.... notice she did the thumbnails and home page gif animated too. [Smile]

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 14 posted January 05, 2004 08:48      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[silliness]
Ocean Chimps finally have iPods?! Ah, the iRevolution is a sweet thing, non?

Sweaty monkey-man Ballmer must be beating his developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers...

[/silliness]

Isn't ComDex happening this week in Las Vegas, NV, or something?

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 05, 2004 12:17      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the funniest (and most topical) JoT's yet. Excellent job!

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 06, 2004 20:59      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now everybody can enjoy an iPod!!!!

Hmmmm, it's just occured to me how the button pad on the front looks like one of those hypnocoins... [Wink]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 21:11      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, everybody who's got $250 burning in their pocket, but are just short another $50...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 08:33      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget the education discounts, if you're in school (even part time night college classes!) or work for one! They knock a whole $20 off the iPod mini, down to $229 (and the $299 iPod goes down to $269, decreasing it to a $40 gap)...hey money IS tight for some of us...
Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 09:48      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it.

I got the Apple mailing for the mini-iPod, and it's not much smaller. Its only "big thing" is the fruity colors. Hm.. lose 5 Gig of storage and get... a fruity color. For the same price.

Someone in marketing and development ought to get a firm, swift kick in the arse out the door, except that the sheeple WILL be buying it up. [shake head]

People will buy anything, won't they, if it has enough sparkly bits...

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 09, 2004 11:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But this one goes to eleven." [Big Grin]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 11:29      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
"But this one goes to eleven." [Big Grin]

Oh, man! LOL... I remember seeing that in the theaters when it first came out..

Jess

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture