homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Where did the PASSION GO. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Where did the PASSION GO.
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 02:59      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ No, Not that passion.

____ The times when Puns would fly, Flame wars would erupt. Members would shout out their opinions. This place is beginning to resemble a sit-com that the writers have run out of ideas. What would it take to reignite the fire in the belly that this place used to have.

____ WE have many members but not enough active members. Has the world Economy dragged everybody out of this social network?

____ Nitro, Snaggy, do you have a way of recontacting old members and prodding them to come back, something like Church Canvassers of days ago.

____ TheMoMan goes off looking for FIREWOOD, WE NEED FLAMES, BIG FLAMES!!! Who has the starter fluid???

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 05:20      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Macs are better than PCs.
vi is better than emacs.
Cats are better than dogs.
Star wars is better than LOTR.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 05:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Littlefish, Three out of four I agree with however just for the sake of a flame war I disagree with all. Macs are just over priced PCs, eMacs are a bunch better than vi. Dogs are far superior to CATS, LOTR are you kinding did you forget to read Tolkien??

____ Any body that doesn't agree is a stupid DODO.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 07:17      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linux is better than Macs or PC's
All text editors suck, except maybe the dos text editor.
enslaved humans make better pets than dogs and cats.
Encino Man is the best movie ever, as it doesn't need three of itself to be good.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ashitaka:
Encino Man is the best movie ever, as it doesn't need three of itself to be good.

Blasphemy!

Everyone knows that Bio-Dome was the best movie ever made! [Mad]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:24      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Lets all go back to Cobal:

____ Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter,

____ The TI 99/4A Now that was a computer.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:30      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jobs and Gates are lovers.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Paganism, Shintoism and Jainism are all a little bit silly.

Computer games are all poo.

Michelle Obama is more butch than Barack.

Your all gay! [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:49      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nexus One in my hand is far more significant than the upcoming Apple tablet.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:50      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogs taste better than cats, and it's easier to get the meat off the bones.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 09:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is pathetic, guys. I'm holding my hands to the screen, trying to warm them on the flames and it's totally not working. Take it up a couple notches.

Let's see...

Windows 7 is totally better than Snow Leopard.

How about that? [Angel]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 09:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck, even Windows ME was better than Snow Leopard [evil]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 09:29      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Stallman is a cretin.

Macs blow.

Your all gay.

:wq, suckahs!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 10:50      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I want my iSlate!!!!

____ You're ALL GAY

____ Dogs can warn you of bad ICE.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 11:23      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:

Well, if you want to go litterature (loosely applied here!), Da Vinci Code is crap. And so is Angels and Demons. And I won't even try the last one... I have forgotten its name. You're all illiterate! [Razz] [evil]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 12:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iran!
Iraq!
Russia!
France!
Darfur!
Iwo-Jima!
ACORN!
Obama is Saddam Hussein's love-child!
The moon will go super-nova!
I invented the Daleks!
There are mad bomb-throwing Muslims under my bed!
George Bus is god!
Minnows!

Severus Snape!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 13:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
You're ALL GAY

It's "Your all gay". Wake up and smell the meme, dude. [Wink]

And while we're at it, Mythbusters is so more awesomer than actual science, 'cos they don't waste time on stupid equations and control experiments and reproducability and all that other boring crap.

Scientists are just wannabe mythbusters who couldn't get on TV. [Smile]

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 13:53      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

That might be true for weak scientists, but the mythbusters would wet themselves to use the neutron beam I do.

Besides, all the cool scientists have their own youtube channel.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 14:46      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard that line before...
Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 14:59      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

That might be true for weak scientists, but the mythbusters would wet themselves to use the neutron beam I do.

I'd wet myself to use a neutron beam.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 15:19      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody predicted that Cardinal Ratzinger would be a very hardline Pope.....

...turns out...

He's a pushover!

Ba-dum-TISH!

</coat>

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 16:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
He's a pushover!

I thought he was supposed to be in-fall-able.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 17:16      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, MoMan...I agree with you...this place has been boring lately...this whole post make me laugh...thanks...

NOW, YOU WANT FLAMES? I dyed my hair red...that is about the best I can do....who says blondes have more fun??? I beg to differ!

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 18:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lf & spungo: Problem is, I basically agree with your 'trolling.' [Razz]
(Notable exception: SW... :/)

Xanthine: Well...Windows 7 isn't half bad...and I have yet to use Snow Leopard. (I'm writing this on Tiger, and I never really cared for Leopard nor used it in production.)

I think it all went downhill when y'all chased my fiancée away. :tears:

I'm pretty dog tired today, so the only piece of insight I'll contribute today is: Digg pwns & Twitter rocks! [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 18:15      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
NOW, YOU WANT FLAMES? I dyed my hair red

I want proof!!

DOS is better than all other operating systems.
Dogs are clearly the superior pets.
Avatar is clearly the best movie of all time.

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 19:05      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Python is far superior to Perl.
Only dweebs drive on the right.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture