homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » The Dark Knight (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Dark Knight
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 19:37      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:
I saw it, and absolutely adored it!

I also strongly believe that Heath Ledger's performance deserves at least an Oscar nod, if not the Oscar itself. He was brilliant!

agreed.
I know a lot of people who would agree, as well.

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 19:47      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also agree. His performance took the Joker beyond my greatest expectations for the character.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
CoyoteSD39
Geek Larva
Member # 10138

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2008 12:34      Profile for CoyoteSD39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or it could be that the one theater near here is not showing it yet.
The regular theatre (not the drive-in where we saw The Dark Knight) gets like sometimes. They never got Sweeney Todd, but then sometimes they hold on to some movies FOR EVER...even after they are at the discount theatres in the "big city."

I usually have to wait 'til something is released on DVD at our local Sprawl-Mart or get it on iTunes.

--------------------
Ack. Hairball.

Posts: 29 | From: In the Heart of the Seven Mountains | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2008 21:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw it tonight - thanks all for keeping to rot13! I follow the 'active topics,' and have been seeing that pop up all week...so it's been great to not see spoilers. [Smile]

Timing has been kind of 'meh' lately - I was kind of preoccupied last weekend, and a bunch of friends went to see it *exactly* when I had something else to do that I couldn't avoid. :/ I was supposed to catch it last night with some other friends, and they couldn't make it...so after having a rather crummy day, I was sat in a coffee shop and thought to myself 'fsck it' and hightailed it off to the theater. Maybe I'll catch it again later in the week with the friends who missed it yesterday - I certainly wouldn't mind.

Now then...

Fbzrbar jebgr:
>>Lrf...jr qb abg jnag n Unyyr Oreel ercrng.

Fb V'ir urneq - ohg univat urneq nyy gur onq guvatf, V arire fnj vg zlfrys. Crefbanyyl, V guvax gur 'png' ersrerapr jnf cerggl jrnx nf fhpu. V qvq guvax vg n engure fvyyl guvat ng gur gvzr, naq qvqa'g tvir vg shegure gubhtug. Znlor V pbhyq unir unq n ovg zber gvzr sbe qrrcre ersyrpgvba vs fbzr gjhagf va gur sebag jrera'g hfvat gurve zbovyrf, perngvat na veevgngvat ovg bs yvtug.

Nyfb, V arire rira pbafvqrerq gur gubhtug gung Gjb Snpr qvrq - juvyr gung zvtug or n ernyvfgvp nffhzcgvba onfrq ba jung jr'ir frra...lbh fvzcyl *xabj* ur unq gb znxr vg fbzrubj naq jvyy or va n shgher zbivr. V'z fvzcyl nznmrq gung ur tbg gur nzbhag bs fperra gvzr gung ur qvq. (Tenagrq, gung pbhyq or qhr gb gur snpg gung vg ena n ovg ybat. :C)

Bu...naq Enpury pna dhrfgvba zr nal qnl bs gur jrrx. [Wink]
[Fcrnxvat bs juvpu, V pnhtug n cerivbhf svyz bs Znttvr Tlyyraunny'f - "Frpergnel" fbzr gvzr ntb...cjubne!]

Nyy va nyy...'gjnf n uryy bs n zbivr!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2008 23:26      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cjubne?
lrnu, V sbhaq vg xvaqn bqq vs gjb-snpr qvrq, Ongzna fheivirq gur fnzr snyy, ohg ur qvq unir gung fhvg ba...
qvq Ongzna ynaq ba Gjb-snpr bs ivfr irefn? gung jbhyq znxr n ovg bs n qvssrerapr.

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 28, 2008 22:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh I finally saw it and now I can FINALLY read the cyphers.

Thanks so much guys for keeping that up. [thumbsup]

btw, I liked the movie, (although I thought it was a wee bit too long).

Keith Ledger was phenomenal. Damn, I wish he was still alive.

V ybirq gur snpg gung gurl xvyyrq bss Enpunry. Fur unq gb tb, fur xarj gbb zhpu. Gurl qvq vg jvgu n avpr gjvfg.

V gubhtug gur jubyr Ubat Xbat-thl cybg pbhyq unir orra phg. Furrfu, gurl qvqa'g rira fubj uvz ba sver. :C

On a super annoying note... the asshole in front of me took a cell phone call, talked for two minutes, then passed the phone to his girlfrind, who talked another minute. WTF are people thinking?? KILL THE CELL PHONE MAN! [Mad]

Posts: 8171 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2008 13:04      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the movie and especially loved the way they set up the next one at the end. I thought Heath Ledger did a really great job as the Joker, but I don't see an Oscar for it. Yes, he played the character wonderfully and added a lot to the movie, but the Joker just isn't that nuanced of a character to play. IMHO there isn't enough depth or breadth in the Joker to warrant an Oscar for playing him, no matter how well.

And since we can't see the Joker in the next movie ( [Frown] ) I really hope we get to see Two-Face again.

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
iNoles
Mini Geek
Member # 5685

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2008 13:28      Profile for iNoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he can made any Oscar trophy disappears?
Posts: 57 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture