homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Spider Man 3

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spider Man 3
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 02, 2007 09:25      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Spider Man 3 on the first of May. ( Don't worry, no spoilers) I definately recomend it. There is one thing though. I don't think it was as good as the first two. The expectation for a movie to trump the previous movies seems to be a problem with movie series'. IT had the special effects, Dunst, the villians, but I think it was lacking in the plot department. I am not saying that the movie didn't have a plot, but I am saying that the plot was weak. I wanted more story behind the symbiot, not just spidey fighting with him.

Plus, it seemed to me that spidey was walking around half the movie in his costume but without the mask. Every fight the first thing that happens is that spidey loses part of the mask with the first blow so that you can see Tobey's facial exspressions. Same thing with the 2 others in this movies that should be in a mask.

Still, it was definatly worth the entrance price.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2007 11:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this movie came out Friday? I am planning on going to see this on Friday. I liked the other two.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2007 11:08      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
I thought this movie came out Friday? I am planning on going to see this on Friday. I liked the other two.

IMDB

I can't believe that they listed when this movie opens in trinidad but not in my country.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2007 11:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see it too... in DVD, that's better if you have a big family. Plus, I love the extras.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nintendo Girl
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8340

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2007 17:47      Profile for Nintendo Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly everyone I know who has see it has cried at one point during the film, including me [Smile]
soulshine
Mini Geek
Member # 5367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2007 10:53      Profile for soulshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think this film was as good as the second... some bits were a bit off.

It's a shame, as I love a lot of Sam Raimi's films - Evil Dead 2 is amazing. Hopefully he's not loosing his way! I think it's probably more a case of trying to cram too much in to one film.

Still worth seeing though [Smile]

Posts: 76 | From: North Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2007 14:21      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie and really enjoyed it!I think it's the best so far and it sends a deep message, definetly a must-see! [Wink]

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2007 18:41      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was way too much stuff going on at once in that movie, and stuff that was never explained. I wanted to hear some science mumbo jumbo to explain the villains. It was very dramatic and cheesy, but it also had some funny parts. It gets bonus points though for having Ash and Joxer the Mighty in it. Bruce Campbell rocks my socks.
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2007 21:59      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to hear what Spiderman has to say about the movie. [Smile]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 12:19      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it had some funny parts...like emo-peter parker. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture