homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » I love my HD football (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I love my HD football
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 03:57      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems similar...

Maybe he/she is a spammer [ohwell]

splitpeasoup
Mini Geek
Member # 3497

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2006 13:51      Profile for splitpeasoup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not offended by anyone calling me a spammer, I just think that it's very difficult to have a conversation about a product (the Superfan package) without coming off as a spammer. I had figured that anyone not interested in said product wouldn't want to talk about it, and that for people who had no idea what I was talking about I'd include a link so they could see whether or not they wanted to enter the discussion. How do I get around appearing as spam using this logic? In any case - I ordered it, I'm going to watch my football in HD this weekend, and I am done talking about it because I've made my choice - with no help from any of you. [Wink]
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2006 14:26      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious, at least, so tell us/me what you think of it after you've been able to watch it for a while. The idea of better resolution appeals to me, but not enough of the shows that I watch are available in HD yet.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
splitpeasoup
Mini Geek
Member # 3497

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2006 14:18      Profile for splitpeasoup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I'm curious, at least, so tell us/me what you think of it after you've been able to watch it for a while. The idea of better resolution appeals to me, but not enough of the shows that I watch are available in HD yet.

Well, I only had one day w/ superfan so far, but it was tremendous. I'd heard about directv downrezzing their stuff - vague warnings about the HD quality not being up to par, but I couldn't visually tell the difference (my buddy has the cable HD setup that's supposed to be at full resolution). Football is the kind of thing you definitely want in HD. And my male friends were pretty happy about the NFL cheerleaders in HD, too. I also enjoyed the other features, the redzone channel is nice because they can switch between HD games much faster than I can at this point, I'm still getting used to where everything is and who's on what channel. Anyway, no complaints!
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 20:06      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have HD too, Steen and I also love it. I used to think, the picture is clear enough, how could it get any better? But there's something about the color .. it's beautiful. And it is especially nice on football games when the teams are wearing colorful uniforms .. something like the cowboys and raiders might look boring, but more colorful teams look great. As does a movie with really nice sets or scenery. I'm just waiting for more tv shows to be produced in HD.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 21:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've decided that HDTV isn't really a good choice for me.

I don't watch that much TV to begin with and of the shows I do watch, the only one that might benefit would be Battlestar Galactica.

Most of the movies I watch are Horror and Sci-Fi and it already bugs me when I can see the edges of makeup and costumes. I think being able to see enough detail to tell if the costume was zippered or put together with Velcro would actually make it worse.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 01:38      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by splitpeasoup:
I'm not offended by anyone calling me a spammer, I just think that it's very difficult to have a conversation about a product (the Superfan package) without coming off as a spammer. I had figured that anyone not interested in said product wouldn't want to talk about it, and that for people who had no idea what I was talking about I'd include a link so they could see whether or not they wanted to enter the discussion. How do I get around appearing as spam using this logic? In any case - I ordered it, I'm going to watch my football in HD this weekend, and I am done talking about it because I've made my choice - with no help from any of you. [Wink]

I'm sorry to jump in a little late here, but that doesn't explain why I found another post, of very similar nature, on another geek site? - care to explain.

I like HD TV too [thumbsup]

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 13:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think I've decided that HDTV isn't really a good choice for me.

I don't watch that much TV to begin with and of the shows I do watch, the only one that might benefit would be Battlestar Galactica.

Most of the movies I watch are Horror and Sci-Fi and it already bugs me when I can see the edges of makeup and costumes. I think being able to see enough detail to tell if the costume was zippered or put together with Velcro would actually make it worse.

You're probably right. If you don't watch much tv there's not much point. Particularlyl if details bother you. [Smile]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture