homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Geeks feeling left out ?...... here's your chance to glow !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geeks feeling left out ?...... here's your chance to glow !
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2006 23:11      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay..... I have been feeling very neglected by certain people who sometimes refer to themselves as my friends.

So for those of you who have been in blue sorrow... cheer up because I am there as well.
SELF-LOATHING is not the answer!!!!

If any geeks have recently suffered from bouts of friend-less depression then buddy, this is the place to be.

Share your story of Left-out-ed-ness and perhaps I can bore you with mine.

(Tissue boxes encouraged)
Please vent HERE :>>>

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2006 06:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the title and hoped for a moment that they'd figured out how to insert jellyfish DNA into people.

Anyway, sorry to hear your friends aren't being nice to you. We're here for you if you need help hiding the bodies.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2006 17:06      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the feeling all too well, I go away for 3 months and after returning it appears my friends couldnt care less. I basically have to chase everyone up if I want any company and it sucks.

you think they would be a little more interested but nope.

blegh, thats my gripe done with anyway.

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 01:10      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends are o.k, but when their with their boyfriends its as though they do not know you as they are too busy ramming their tounges down each others throats.

its good to black mail them later about it though!

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 04:01      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
My friends are o.k, but when their with their boyfriends its as though they do not know you as they are too busy ramming their tounges down each others throats.

AAHHHHHHHHH. my brain hurts . [Mad] [weep] [shake head]

they're with their

Sorry, for having to post this. Good luck with you love life.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 2 posted March 20, 2006 13:52      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean Cher.
Or when they're around cute guys in general.
The latest thing thats bothered me is when I went to a friends' party that she threw for her sister. We just had a big talk the day before abotu how she doesnt seem to care about any of her 'friends'... like, she never makes an effort .
She had been telling me for months about these new dudes she met at school... about how fun they were and how she couldn't wait for us to meet. They were supposed to be at the party and she was 'very anxious' to introduce us all.
Anyhow, as soon as they got there , she just flat-out IGNORED me .... as well as everyone else (including her sister).
What only made it worse was the I was SICK but she begged me to come so as to unite her acquaintances.

Needless to say I left without sayign goodbye.

OH..... AND that same nigth when I got home I called another girl to chat with because I was feelign a bit down. She was at a little get-together that no one bothered to tell me about.

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 14:07      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:

AAHHHHHHHHH. my brain hurts . [Mad] [weep] [shake head]

they're with their

Sorry, for having to post this. Good luck with you love life.

At least it wasn't "their with there"
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 14:23      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorned0Fortress:
SELF-LOATHING is not the answer!!!!

That's true. Rage has served me through the years far better than sadness ever would.
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 20:57      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
We're here for you if you need help hiding the bodies.

Well I do have a friend that is hoping to join the CIA after he is done with school but he could use some "Training Ops" to spruce up his Resume. Let me know if you want to hire him.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 22:25      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The real Stealth:
quote:

Well I do have a friend that is hoping to join the CIA after he is done with school but he could use some "Training Ops" to spruce up his Resume. Let me know if you want to hire him.
Good one mate. Just let every counter-intelligence agency in the world know that your friend wants to join the Agency. There go his chances.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 23:01      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The real Stealth:
quote:

If he can lift heavy bodies into a woodchipper, he can consider himself hired.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 23:35      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There, there Ashitaka (pun DEFINATELY intended). It's not all bad ;-)

I'm never sure what to say here. There are friends and then there are friends. I say that because life and circumstance change your availability and priorities. Having just had one child and with another on the way, lifestyle changes and I don't catch up with my friends any where as much as I used to.

Yes, this is hard as my close friends and I used to catch up with every week but now it is lucky to be monthly. And because of this there are some people I have just drifted away from.

However there are other friends that I don't catch up with for months on end and when we do get together it is like no time has passed. Everything is easy and laidback and the time is precious and worthwhile.

So I guess people do drift away but friends are forever. Just make the effort whenever you can to catch up.

Having said that though, I personally think that there is no excuse for ignoring someone. Yes, combining groups of friends is difficult but you should definitely share your attention, particularly if your disparate groups of friends that do not hit it off.

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture