homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » What really annoys you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What really annoys you?
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2005 09:17      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
You know, something that really, you know, gets on my nerves, you know, is people who replace punctuation, you know, with 'you know', in their speech, you know.

Good one! I'd like to augment it by saying people who use any phrase to replace punctuation; 'like' is a bad one.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2005 09:42      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
I'm really annoyed by people who constantly ask me if they're
annoying me.

Am I annoying you?

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
yorik
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2364

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2005 14:27      Profile for yorik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, some people get annoyed really easily.

I get annoyed by stupid people. You know who you are...oh wait, no you don't.

--------------------
"It's never too soon to start beefing up your obituary." The Most Interesting Man in the World

Posts: 17 | From: Orlando | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2005 15:50      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You know, something that really, you know, gets on my nerves, you know, is people who replace punctuation, you know, with 'you know', in their speech, you know.
That is one of the things that annoy me.
-Another is when I have to repeat my self more than once. I may say it a second time without attitude but the third, I want to cut you!
-When I offer someone chips from a bag I have and they stick their hand in without asking and without washing their hands! That is gross and I will not eat from it after that.
-People who hurt animals.
-Oh and people who step on others to get what they want.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 09:22      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
[b]...I have no problem with people who use their phone in a public place where there is nosie and there is no posted or other reason not to...

There are people where I work who carry on cell phone conversations from stalls in the men's restroom.

It is incredibly tempting to carry on quite loudly half a conversation of my own, inspired by a particular scene from an Austin Powers movie; however, I have managed to restrain myself so far.

There are also people who want to interrogate me in there about their home computer problems, while I'm otherwise busy. Honestly, I don't want to hear about their home computers even when I'm not in the restroom!

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 09:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supaboy:
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
[b]...I have no problem with people who use their phone in a public place where there is nosie and there is no posted or other reason not to...

There are people where I work who carry on cell phone conversations from stalls in the men's restroom.

It is incredibly tempting to carry on quite loudly half a conversation of my own, inspired by a particular scene from an Austin Powers movie; however, I have managed to restrain myself so far.

Oh absolutely! People who automatically assume that being in a public place means the volume at which you speak into your cellphone must be 30dB louder than if you were at home.

I talk on my cell in public sometimes. I talk in a quiet, normal voice. Guess what? They can hear me JUST FINE! People are making sure they hear themselves when they talk into their cell, but that isn't necessary.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 08:15      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mormons. i live in suburban davis county, utah, which just happens to be filled to the gills with them. nothing against them personally, they're generally very nice.. but god damn do they believe some stupid crap. how gullible do you have to be to believe that stuff? oh well. enough momo bashing for today.

oh! i also hate those kids with emo haircuts. anyone else remember when if you were a boy and you looked like a girl, you got your ass beat? nowadays, if you don't look like a girl, you're unfashionable. dumbasses. get a haircut, and stop listening to whiny music.

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 08:20      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are also people who want to interrogate me in there about their home computer problems, while I'm otherwise busy. Honestly, I don't want to hear about their home computers even when I'm not in the restroom!
i feel you. when microsoft released Service Pack 2 for XP, i was a tier 1 tech on the "Sp2 Cleanup Crew" as we liked to call it. Apparently, word got out that I, unlike most of the dumbasses I worked with, knew what I was doing. It was bad enough that I got hounded on smoke breaks and whilst I was trying to pee, but people started calling me on the phone, asking for questions. I was dead asleep one night, and a fellow I had barely met called me, asking for help as tho I were on call or something. Damnit, if you don't know about computers, etc, get a frickin book or read up online.

I know I'm not the only geek who feels this way. Lets hear it! How many times a day do you guys get asked tech questions?

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture