homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Just one more go... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Just one more go...
priscilch
Mini Geek
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2004 13:32      Profile for priscilch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puzzle Bobble - I'm addicted to puzzle games.
Star Con 2
Warcraft, Starcraft
Super Mario Kart (SNES!)

Posts: 53 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
fishd
Mini Geek
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2004 15:16      Profile for fishd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There can be only one... Elite on the BBC Micro...

I remember travelling three miles to my mates house and playing for seven or eight hours straight, sleeping for three hours and wanting to play some more the moment I woke up...

Since then, Ultima Online, Everquest, ActionQuake, CounterStrike... but now Call Of Duty, MOHAA & NWN... but mainly NWN... it plain rules and I haven't even played it online yet... I'm kinda saving myself [Smile]

--------------------
--
Yeah, what he said... but funnier.

Posts: 59 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2004 15:56      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fishd:

Ah, the blessed beeb - what a star it was in its heyday. It was Space Invaders for me, in my youf. Sing along, now - 'Urh urh urh urh - urh urh urh urh...'

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2004 13:03      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Since then, Ultima Online, Everquest, ActionQuake, CounterStrike... but now Call Of Duty, MOHAA & NWN... but mainly NWN... it plain rules and I haven't even played it online yet... I'm kinda saving myself [Smile]

Ah, Evercrack -- I've lost a few good friends to that game, and I'm in the process of losing a couple more to City of Heroes. MMORPG's are all well and good, but it does get rather boring listening to someone babble on about leveling systems and spawn points for hours on end...

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2004 13:24      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Elite on anything! Now there's even Java Elite [thumbsup]
Posts: 1152 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
industrialdoll
Geek Larva
Member # 2798

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2004 04:39      Profile for industrialdoll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this one is a classic,and unfortunatly I know all the cheat codes....but DOOM 95 or DUKE NUKEM : MELTDOWN, i love em, even with cheat codes!

--------------------
Belive in yourself, if not, you dont exsist

Posts: 26 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 11:31      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people really get into Minesweeper for some reason.

There is a company that makes shareware games for Mac called Ambrosia, which has produced such wonders as Apeiron, Escape Velocity, Solarian, Maelstrom, and even Chiral (ugh). These can take up days at a time; very addictive.

Civilization, and Myst games to a lesser degree have a lot of addiction power.

sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 13:08      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bearing in mind that I'm a significant amount younger than most people on this forum, I would have to say Total Annihilation. Mostly because of the designer's valve-like reaction to the mod community.

Elite *was* good though, however I have only played it on an emulator, although I did nick a beeb out of the school skip and patch it up...

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 13:13      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flashfire:
MMORPG's are all well and good, but it does get rather boring listening to someone babble on about leveling systems and spawn points for hours on end...

So, FF, where did you meet my son? [Wink]
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 13:45      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
quote:
MMORPG's are all well and good, but it does get rather boring listening to someone babble on about leveling systems and spawn points for hours on end...

ROFL! He'll fit in well with the other beta-testers I know... [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Kryten, Red Dwarf

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 14:00      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

ROFL! He'll fit in well with the other beta-testers I know... [Big Grin]
I think City of Heroes was the game he tried telling me about last night. Is that the one where you're a superhero? If they need another beta tester, PM me. [Wink]

/me, who misses having the computer to play American McGee's Alice.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 20:56      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think City of Heroes was the game he tried telling me about last night. Is that the one where you're a superhero? If they need another beta tester, PM me. [Wink]

/me, who misses having the computer to play American McGee's Alice.

Yup, that's the one. The company's done with the test phase, actually -- I think they copped out on it, though, because all they did was give out a few free copies to people and say "Hey, tell us if you find anything wrong with this", which I feel is not a good way to test software...
</rant>

Sorry about that. Alice...wow, I'd forgotten about that one...that was a really good, twisted game...

--------------------
--Kryten, Red Dwarf

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture