homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » New Dr Who announced

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Dr Who announced
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 03:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christopher Eccleston is to play the new Dr Who. A surprising choice, but a good one. He was excellent in 'Shallow Grave' and 'Elizabeth'. He might be a bit grittier than the previous encumbents, but he's a highly underrated actor.

Whatd'ya reckon?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 04:41      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not too familiar with Christopher Eccleston, but they would be hard pushed to find anyone worse than Sylvester McCoy or Paul McGann.
Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lithandro
Geek
Member # 2407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 04:50      Profile for Lithandro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was Major West in 28 Days Later and Raymond Calistri in Gone in 60 Seconds (stolen... i mean appropriated from imdb.com)

--------------------
But why is the rum gone?

Posts: 106 | From: Pontefract, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 04:55      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 04:57      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fairly sure I heard this on friday, I also recon that you have reached 4000 posts Spungo, and that you should chckout the "which concept are you?" fourum

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Drazgal
Geek
Member # 984

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 06:12      Profile for Drazgal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why? why? Oh why didnt Eddie Izzard get the part? His last video wasn't that bad!
Posts: 154 | From: Dundee, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 24, 2004 00:00      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great news... [Big Grin] I can't wait for it to actually air.

But I doubt there will be any Daleks. Why, you ask. Because the Great Dalek Inventor forbade the use of them by theBBC in is his will. [Mad]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1151 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 10 posted March 28, 2004 12:17      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in the USA Ohio Valley most of the Dr. Who
I saw was reruns on PBS. This Dr. Who was most of the series. The British comedies were more successful it seemed and aired longer around here.
I think I was more charmed by K-9 than anyone else. Then perhaps if I could have seen more of it.

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2004 11:39      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope it doesn't take 3 years before I get to see any of the new Dr. Who series. /me crosses fingers for BBC America to pick up the series.
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture