homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Nintendo or Sony?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nintendo or Sony?
Kettle
Geek
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 15:08      Profile for Kettle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologise in advance, i just see this getting all worked up (the gamers anyway).

What is better, Nintendo (Gamecube) or Sony (PS2)

I myself have always been with nintendo [Cool] , but i have a craving to know who agrees/disagrees.

I leave the answer open... [Roll Eyes]

[thumbsup] [thumbsdown]

- The Kitchen Tool - Kettle

--------------------
Web Comic
Kesou Online Comic/Manga
80% fini.

Posts: 233 | From: Bottom of Little Island called Britain | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 16:13            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at game reviews of cross platform games generally when it comes to graphics XBOX tops the list followed by the Game Cube with PS2 scoring the lowest. When it comes down to it though it's really about what games you want. I bought a Game Boy Advance SP and was thinking of getting a PS2. Then Nintendo announced the Game Boy Player add on for the Cube so that switched my choice and I bought a Game Cube. I'm glad I went with the cube since I picked up Zelda the wind waker and Metroid Prime. But there are some games I've seen that are out for PS2 and or XBOX only that I'd like to see on the cube(there is a Nightmare B4 xmas game for PS2 coming out that I wish was coming out for the cube too).

The other thing to consider is online play, Nintendo only has 1 game, Phantasy Star Online, an RPG.

IP: Logged
Patrick
Mini Geek
Member # 1793

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 22:54      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nintendo has better games, although some people will say that a lot of there games are more kid-targeted (Pokemon, Mario Party, etc...). I think I renders better too.

PS is backward compable like the Gameboy. So that's a plus, giving you a HUGE selection of games. Unfortunately a lot the games aren't that good... but they have the old Final Fantasy titles and such. It's nice that the PS2 is a dual DVD player too.

I choose Nintendo. I have a GameCube and a PS, but I haven't gone out to run to get a PS2... PRICE is another issue. Stupid Sony.

--------------------
"Oh, come on - are you telling me that you can look at a monkey and not get hungry?"
- Bucky Katt, GET FUZZY

Posts: 84 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 21:10      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every game i have played on PS does not respond imediately (rpgames like laura croft or final fantasy)
I like the feeling of playing game cube and my son is very happy with the "e" rated games that he can school me on.

Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drazgal
Geek
Member # 984

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 05:00      Profile for Drazgal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id say the PS2 is better for games (although no Mario Cart) although the lack of AA really gets on my nerves. Though the X box laughs at them both in all honesty, imo unless you really really like the Finial Fantasy serries or Zelda then theres no reason not to go with X box as its gets most the PS2 games but better looking (and alot nicer controller).
Posts: 154 | From: Dundee, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 05:31      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the xbox controller is not nicer. i hate the xbox controller, if you buy an xbox you should invest another 50 bucks into a third party controller(which could be spent getting a game), personally i game on the pc as it gets the best games and the good games from the consoles usually get ported onto pc, but due to zelda i have been seriously considering getting a game cube, or maybe a Ps2 for FFX. id wait for the ps2 with hard drive coming this summer tho

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lactose
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2545

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 08:40      Profile for Lactose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way to figure out which system you should get is to look through their game catalogs.
If I had a GC, the only games I would really want to get for it would be Melee, Metroid, and Zelda. So I have a PS2 (Shinobi, the upcoming Shinobi, Disgaea, Rez, Koei's games, a few more).

I won't recommend a system because of online play since I'm spoiled by my good computer and broadband connection.

The_Psychogenius
Mini Geek
Member # 2366

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 08:49      Profile for The_Psychogenius   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pick Nintendo, regular Nintendo that is

--------------------
Chaos, and Lunacy are all good things.

Posts: 79 | From: Everett, Wa | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Private i
Mini Geek
Member # 2328

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2004 20:18      Profile for Private i     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the XBOX controllers, you just have to think of it more as a key board with triggers then a controller [Razz]
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-08-29

In my limited experience with the 3 systems I agree with evilbibo, XBOX doe have the best graphics, and the internal hard disk and built in NIC are nice to have.
On the other hand game cube and ps2 have more games.

The real deciding factor is what you have room for. The xbox is massive. Just way to big. PS2 can stand up on its side, and game cube, well, is a cube. [Wink]

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-08-24

Posts: 65 | From: Ipswich MA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gibbonboy
Geek
Member # 2426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2004 06:45      Profile for Gibbonboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both the Gamecube and PS2(US and Japanese versions). We use the PS2's to mainly play DVD's, and occaisionally play Onimusha 2. I don't use the Gamecube much, the controllers don't seem to hold up well- I've had to buy 3 new ones since I've had it(about a year and a half). As many said, depends on the games you want to play.

--------------------
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Posts: 155 | From: A Very Small Hole in the Forest | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture