homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Lego Mindstorms NXT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lego Mindstorms NXT
Groggle
Mini Geek
Member # 2360

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 11:14      Profile for Groggle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lego is finally shipping their "Mindstorms NXT" product. Mine just arrived this week (I preordered it in the spring when I found out it was coming out) It's a bit pricey right now (about $400 CAD) but hey, it's Lego...)

It looks like they have radically rethought the entire Mindstorms thing, and have moved away from the "brick" model, to a more refined form of the Lego Technic system.

The result looks (at least from a few initial forays) reasonably robust, and the programming environment is a major improvement over the original mindstorms tools.

(For the Mac users, yes, the tool software works on both Macs and PC's - and seems to do so quite respectably)

Posts: 77 | From: Calgary | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture